• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Also we would have no worries of him being 'home sick' as he is a canvey born lad."
There are many people who still live on Canvey...and who are sick of Canvey. Just because someone was born nearby doesn't necessarily mean they would not be homesick....depends where they last lived?

"Also we would have no worries of him being 'home sick' as he is a canvey born lad."
There are many people who still live on Canvey...and who are sick of Canvey. Just because someone was born nearby doesn't necessarily mean they would not be homesick....depends where they last lived?

Fair point but I'm pretty sure his family still live in the area and that's what I meant by home sick!

He was with Chelsea until 2011 and then moved upto Sunderland and has been on various loans then ended up at Bradford. So I would guess that Essex/London is 'home' for him.

Shrewsbury have signed AJ Leitch-Smith... Shame I would've been happy to have signed him!

It will be interesting to see how well Christian Assombalonga does at Dagenham next season. I know a few on here were talking about him and that we should of maybe looked at him before he signed for daggers. Let's see how he copes with the step up, maybe he's someone we can look at next season if he does well.

It will be interesting to see how well Christian Assombalonga does at Dagenham next season. I know a few on here were talking about him and that we should of maybe looked at him before he signed for daggers. Let's see how he copes with the step up, maybe he's someone we can look at next season if he does well.

Problem is when players tend to do well at Daggers they go higher up than us. If he bangs them in all season he will end up at Peterborough or a championship club.

Doesn't look like any signings coming soon if this is what CP is upto:

No surprise there. PB like to wait until all the good players have gone.

#relegationbattle

Yeah that is exactly what he does - he does nothing for 2 months and then finally decides to see who is left

We get it, you don't like PB, but stop making stuff up

Doesn't look like any signings coming soon if this is what CP is upto:

To be fair, he has to come up with stories throughout the summer on us, and it proves to be very difficult, especially with a lot of people on holiday, including PB.

A lot of local newspapers do this type of thing. Scunthorpe's one have done it, and mentioned Lee Novak, Jim O'Brien & Scott Wagstaff.

To be fair, he has to come up with stories throughout the summer on us, and it proves to be very difficult, especially with a lot of people on holiday, including PB.

A lot of local newspapers do this type of thing. Scunthorpe's one have done it, and mentioned Lee Novak, Jim O'Brien & Scott Wagstaff.

It's not a dig at CP it's a dig at PB and his 'get his signings done early'.

I was shot down in flames about our lack of movement .And it seems to be going in direction .All this talk about bring in players early was just that's all it was all talk and no real action .Seems like Ron taught him well in the art of spin .

I was shot down in flames about our lack of movement .And it seems to be going in direction .All this talk about bring in players early was just that's all it was all talk and no real action .Seems like Ron taught him well in the art of spin .

How can we force people to sign without offering good contracts? Every comment I read from everyone on here and from the club has suggested they would like to sign players early and agree it's far more ideal. What do you want Brown to say?

How can we force people to sign without offering good contracts? Every comment I read from everyone on here and from the club has suggested they would like to sign players early and agree it's far more ideal. What do you want Brown to say?

With about 10 players going, and likely good money for Payne and Bentley , do you think Westy we are in a far worse position than the other 50% of clubs in our league who have captured 27 signings , so far in 3 weeks. Not only that but they are clubs like Chesterfield and Shrewsbury, do they have a lot more money than us? Id like to think we could compete with them, or take a gamble and sign at least one decent, quality, if not costly player early on as Phil made a big point of stating?

With about 10 players going, and likely good money for Payne and Bentley , do you think Westy we are in a far worse position than the other 50% of clubs in our league who have captured 27 signings , so far in 3 weeks. Not only that but they are clubs like Chesterfield and Shrewsbury, do they have a lot more money than us? Id like to think we could compete with them, or take a gamble and sign at least one decent, quality, if not costly player early on as Phil made a big point of stating?

And how many of the 27 would we actually want?

Back