• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not sure if many would agree, one because he's ex-Col U, two because he's at the latter stages of his career. But I'd love to have Johnnie Jackson at the club in the middle of the park.

Nearly signed for us under Tilson, except the club took too long to go back to him with a firm contract offer during which time Colchester had come in and offered him something definite. He's only signed a new contract with Charlton this season, and while he'll undoubtedly be one of their most expensive players wage-wise, can't see them letting him go for one minute. He is their Adam Barrett - their children's soccer schools are named after him, and he'll be their manager in the not too distant future.

He's my husband's cousin, so we're going to have a couple of very interesting matches next season!

Few more names released yesterday that it could be worth keeping in mind:

Kyel Reid, Ishmael Miller, Jim O'Brien, Aaron Martin

Probably far too expensive but both Chris Kirkland and Julian Speroni have been released if we are looking for a year of experience to help Ted Smith until he is ready to be our number 1.

I see Rhys Bennett has been released by Rochdale, decent player who can play centre back and right back.

Still only 24 and started his career at Bolton, think he's a bit young to have been on Brown's radar when he was there though. Was highly rated and allegedly on the radar of some premier league clubs a couple of years ago.

I see Rhys Bennett has been released by Rochdale, decent player who can play centre back and right back.

Still only 24 and started his career at Bolton, think he's a bit young to have been on Brown's radar when he was there though. Was highly rated and allegedly on the radar of some premier league clubs a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I mentioned him on Page 2, apparently has also been playing in midfield this season. Worth a trial at the very least, has a bit of pace which none of our current centre-backs possess.

Regardless of people's opinion of Mooney, and I rate him, he signed a two-year deal when we signed last summer. He'll be here next season.

Would love to see Rueben Reid sign. Been a prolific scorer for Plymouth, and always been a handful when we've come up against him. I think Reid, Mooney, Hunt & Barnett would be a good collection of frontmen.

Agree on Reid- he is out of contract but I would expect him to resign for Plymouth if they go up and go if not.
Mooney will stay, we will probably take option on Hunt, Tims is under contract and if fit and at his best a top player.
If I had to keep one of Hurst and Weston I would probably pick Hurst (we could lose both or neither).

Agree on Reid- he is out of contract but I would expect him to resign for Plymouth if they go up and go if not.
Mooney will stay, we will probably take option on Hunt, Tims is under contract and if fit and at his best a top player.
If I had to keep one of Hurst and Weston I would probably pick Hurst (we could lose both or neither).

TBH I'd like Ruben Reid but i'm not hopeful, suspect there will be a lot of competition for him if Plymouth don't go up and from clubs who can offer more in wages as well.

I hope not. Big wages can be spent elsewhere.

Mark Bryne of Newport County would be a good addition to the team, rumoured to be interesting Gillingham though

Also Tommy Rowe and Zeil Ismael too (formerly of wolves). Aaron McCarey could also be a good shout as a keeper.

Also Tommy Rowe and Zeil Ismael too (formerly of wolves). Aaron McCarey could also be a good shout as a keeper.

Rowe is a good should but understand Doncaster in pole position to keep him permanently even though they're down. Ismael's lost his way a bit and I wouldn't be so keen on looking at him.

What sort of player is Byrne? Not seen him play.

I'd much rather ship Barnett back off to the shrews and bring Revell in on a free. Always liked him. Reckon the wages wouldn't be far apart either.

We need a target man who will score quite a few goals(like Corr!) and help Mooney score more than a few goals.Feel Barnett is capable of that,Revell certainly isnt(able to score many goals,that is).
It seems Egan has signed a new contract at Gillingham.

I think we could do worse that someone like Lee Novak. He did OK on loan at Chesterfield last season...

Probably far too expensive but both Chris Kirkland and Julian Speroni have been released if we are looking for a year of experience to help Ted Smith until he is ready to be our number 1.
Julian Speroni could be just what we need. He was very much a fans' favourite at Palace for years. Being based in the south-east, he would probably find the prospect of a move to a club like ours more attractive and might be willing to settle for lower wages to avoid house moves etc.

Championship - basing majority of it on players 30+ish dropping down a level
Rob Green, Greg Halford, Stephen Kelly, David Wheater, Nicky Maynard, Ishmael Miller, Matt Derbyshire, Dean Gerkin, Lee Frecklington, Clint Hill, Luciano Becchio, Johnnie Jackson, Simeon Jackson, !!EMILE HESKEY!!, Alex Revell, David Martin (GK), Aaron Wilbraham,

League 1 - Basing on performance/previous club
Chris Eagles, Leon Barnett, Ed Upson, Gabriel Zakuani, Jay O'shea, Jonathon Forte, Jayson Lutwiler, Cody Mcdonald, Marcus Haber, Dominic Poleon, Jimmy Ryan, Lucas Akins, Bradden Inman, Rhys Bennett, Billy Knott, Alex Gilbey, AJ Leitch-Smith,

League 2/Conference premier - Majority of players belong to un-promoted sides, thus attract them with playing at a higher level
Reuben Reid, Stefan Payne, Padraig Amond, John Akinde, Sean Raggett

I know there are many who would never join, and I also must state that by the end of L1 I got incredibly bored of doing this so there are plenty I missed! Still some cracking talent available we just need to work well this summer!

Back