• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Has Greg Halford not had a major attitude problem everywhere he's gone?

I hope not. Big wages can be spent elsewhere.

Well you know he is on big wages - I don't. I believe he is within our wage structure all be it top end not bottom end. Point is he has shown he brings the quality we need to get out of this division and finding someone better would not be easy. Hence, providing the medical/physio team believe that with a full pre-season we can get more out of him next year then he may well stay. If we can get better then brilliant- suspect better unfortunately means we can't afford and will be playing in at least the Championship.

Has Greg Halford not had a major attitude problem everywhere he's gone?

Which I guess is mother reason why we might be in with a shout. Attitude issues are always difficult to fathom- we have had Collymore, Otto, Hall and many others over the years who we got primarily because of their past baggage. Often 'attitude' issues are beaten more easily than injury issues- so if get someone of ability for one of the two reasons I guess it might be better?

What I do know is that finding anyone who has played regularly at Championship level that we can afford and who hasn't got one or more of the following challenges is not good
- older but wants to be playing
- attitude
- injury history
- two or more of the above

Well you know he is on big wages - I don't. I believe he is within our wage structure all be it top end not bottom end. Point is he has shown he brings the quality we need to get out of this division and finding someone better would not be easy. Hence, providing the medical/physio team believe that with a full pre-season we can get more out of him next year then he may well stay. If we can get better then brilliant- suspect better unfortunately means we can't afford and will be playing in at least the Championship.

He is almost certainly the top earner at the club and has spent the majority of the season injured like the season before that and the season before that. He looked very good against Coventry away, Peterborough at home and Bury at home. Otherwise I've not seen enough to justify keeping him with the injury record. Next please.

A lot of players are being released because they are crocks. Look at how many games some of them have played the last couple of seasons. We have a busy enough treatment room. We should be looking at players from lower down hoping to prove they can make the step up. I think some people are blinded by the 'names' that theyve seen in the papers or on tv from years ago who, if you look beneath the surface have seen their best days a long time ago.

Adam Le Fondre and Hal-Robson Kanu have both just been released. Come on Phil, solve our attacking problems!

Adam Le Fondre and Hal-Robson Kanu have both just been released. Come on Phil, solve our attacking problems!

Robson-Kanu has run down his contract after being linked with Swansea. Definitely won't be coming anywhere near Southend unfortunately!

Le fondre would be a great signing. Always looks very mobile and exceptionally dangerous in attack.

He is almost certainly the top earner at the club and has spent the majority of the season injured like the season before that and the season before that. He looked very good against Coventry away, Peterborough at home and Bury at home. Otherwise I've not seen enough to justify keeping him with the injury record. Next please.

You say almost certainly- do you know he is or is it just an educated guess??

Which I guess is mother reason why we might be in with a shout. Attitude issues are always difficult to fathom- we have had Collymore, Otto, Hall and many others over the years who we got primarily because of their past baggage. Often 'attitude' issues are beaten more easily than injury issues- so if get someone of ability for one of the two reasons I guess it might be better?

What I do know is that finding anyone who has played regularly at Championship level that we can afford and who hasn't got one or more of the following challenges is not good
- older but wants to be playing
- attitude
- injury history
- two or more of the above

Attitude problems. Hmmm. Is it me or do these seem to diminish when a manager says "I think you are a good player and I want to sign you and I will play to your strengths". Other than that attitude issues can be reduced when a team is winning or doing well in the league ............ now there's a strange thing!

Common Sense. Ignore the other points.. Either way extending his deal makes no sense

I agree. Unless it's a pay as you play deal then I wouldn't take the risk. Hunt when fit is an asset, but he just can't seem to shake the injuries. When he gets fit, he isn't match fit, but seems to get injured again before he has the chance to get match fit! Frustrating for everybody really.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Jonathan Forte. Brown is a fan and tried to sign him for us when Forte was with Saints I believe. Plus he was excellent at Roots Hall last month for Oldham. Another one with a history of fitness, injury problems though and only made 6 appearance this season.

Would like to see us sign Kyel Reid a decent winger at this level ex London boy so might be interested. Neil Kilkenny another alright midfielder might be a little bit out of our wage budget though

Would like to see us sign Kyel Reid a decent winger at this level ex London boy so might be interested. Neil Kilkenny another alright midfielder might be a little bit out of our wage budget though

If its the ex Leeds player he is a CB i believe

Back