• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 Days to go - Made up your mind yet?

5 Days to go - Who are you going to vote for.

• Conservatives

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Liberal Demorcrats

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • UKIP

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Mind your own business you nosey sod

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Abbott isn't?

The difficulty is, pointing out that both sides have idiots doesn't strengthen an argument for Labour....the thought of Abbott as Home secretary fills me with dread, pointing out that May / Rudd etc are / have been incompetent won't draw me towards voting for them however neither does it draw me towards Labour.

As far as I can tell none of Corbyns Front bench have ever been in office?

Plenty of Tory buffoons. Bojo, Rees-Mogg for example.
Gove and Hunt have done a lot of damage between them, Fallon's constant lying is also a dangerous precedent. That's before you get down to those you just plain don't like.
I accept Abbott is a poor quality Parliamentarian, but the Tories are riddled with people that I wouldn't want anywhere near a position in government.

The difficulty is, pointing out that both sides have idiots doesn't strengthen an argument for Labour....the thought of Abbott as Home secretary fills me with dread, pointing out that May / Rudd etc are / have been incompetent won't draw me towards voting for them however neither does it draw me towards Labour.

As far as I can tell none of Corbyns Front bench have ever been in office?

Should Labour be in a position on Friday morning where they can attempt to deliver a minority government, Corbyn and other MPs will absolutely have to swallow their pride and come together. Quality politicians like Umunna, Nandy, Benn et al can't be sidelined at what would be a pivotal moment in the country's history because of internal squabbles.

Should Labour be in a position on Friday morning where they can attempt to deliver a minority government, Corbyn and other MPs will absolutely have to swallow their pride and come together. Quality politicians like Umunna, Nandy, Benn et al can't be sidelined at what would be a pivotal moment in the country's history because of internal squabbles.
that coming together has already happened as the party unanimously agreed on the manifesto. The main issue the PLP had with Corbyn was that you couldn't win an election with a left wing manifesto. If Labour win with a left wing manifesto then most of the issues no longer exist.

Judging by the amount of people that have resigned in the past from Corbyn's front bench, this is an incredible leap of faith.

Judging by the amount of people that have resigned in the past from Corbyn's front bench, this is an incredible leap of faith.

The centre-right career politicians of Blair/Brown & Milliband thought the JC would get trounced at the GE...the polls are now suggesting that this may not be the case.

The centre-right career politicians of Blair/Brown & Milliband thought the JC would get trounced at the GE...the polls are now suggesting that this may not be the case.

My personal view is that he hasn't alienated as much Labour support as the Polls were earlier indicating, or the Tories hoping.

He also has the advantage that none of his front bench have records in Government on which they can be judged....unlike the Tories....in addition to what so far has been a woeful Conservative campaign.

We may not see him trounced at the GE, but can you see any chance of Labour forming a Government without support from other parties?

My personal view is that he hasn't alienated as much Labour support as the Polls were earlier indicating, or the Tories hoping.

He also has the advantage that none of his front bench have records in Government on which they can be judged....unlike the Tories....in addition to what so far has been a woeful Conservative campaign.

We may not see him trounced at the GE, but can you see any chance of Labour forming a Government without support from other parties?

No, I think we're looking at a hung parliament. Labour won't win outright.

As well as 'old school', they're mostly old, so thankfully won't be around for too much longer. Thank Christ that most kids these days seem to be a bit more empathetic - gives me a lot of hope for the future.

As someone who is concerned that the present 'system' doesn't work for far too many people and is looking for an alternative to the Conservatives, this mentality puts me off voting Labour. If Labour is really the caring party why do so many of its supporters despise their fellow citizens? I'm still undecided but veering towards not voting or voting LibDem and hoping for hung parliament.

As someone who is concerned that the present 'system' doesn't work for far too many people and is looking for an alternative to the Conservatives, this mentality puts me off voting Labour. If Labour is really the caring party why do so many of its supporters despise their fellow citizens? I'm still undecided but veering towards not voting or voting LibDem and hoping for hung parliament.

Says who? I've not seen any evidence of that.

Four people not going to vote, you should hang you head in shame

People have died so you can, not only in two world wars, but more recent events

Sorry lowest of the low in not voting, and I guarantee you are the first to moan when things go wrong with the country:angry::angry:

I don't think this poster is Labour Party member or particularly identifies with the party in the way that some people have an unwavering support of a particular party. Don't want to put words into his mouth but I would say he is voting Labour this time and is his own man rather than representing anything more than that. The manifesto of each party and the politians representing each party and if you believe what they say - surely that is what you base your vote on.

I don't think this poster is Labour Party member or particularly identifies with the party in the way that some people have an unwavering support of a particular party. Don't want to put words into his mouth but I would say he is voting Labour this time and is his own man rather than representing anything more than that. The manifesto of each party and the politians representing each party and if you believe what they say - surely that is what you base your vote on.

I'm not convinced by the politicians of any party or their ability to deliver on their manifestos. As I said earlier I do think things aren't working for far too many people .There was a good article in The Times at the weekend by Janice Turner, a lifelong Labour supporter, on the dilemmas of people thinking of voting for Corbyn's Labour party which probably expresses my own mixed feelings more eloquently than I can.

Four people not going to vote, you should hang you head in shame

People have died so you can, not only in two world wars, but more recent events

Sorry lowest of the low in not voting, and I guarantee you are the first to moan when things go wrong with the country:angry::angry:

Okay I'll bite.

Before the campaigning started, I would have voted Tories. I'm not the most educated politics wise but for me they were the ones who made the most sense out of the rest. After this horror show of a campaign from them, there is no way in a million years I would vote for them. Absolute shambles IMO.

I think deep down JC has his heart in the right place, I just don't think he quite gets it. On paper, their manifesto is the best out of the lot. His stance on nuclear weapons, whilst admirable, is absolutely mental when you consider how much money Trident will/does cost us and yet he's basically said he's not willing to use it. Baffling.

I'll let the public decide who we have in power thanks. And you're right, I will moan if it goes against me, but at least that way I'll know who not to vote for next time.

Back