• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

6 nations

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Got to say, I'm quite looking forward to this.

Pretty big blow for England will Flutey out, I'm worried about how flimsy a three-quarters line that looks with Flood and Tait in the middle. Both are very talented attacking players, but they give the impression that a gust of wind could knock them down at any time (by rugby standards). I think we needed to go more attacking, but I think Johnson has gone too far in that direction now. God knows why he's persisting with Borthwick either....

Prince William wouldn't have dared do that when Will Carling was slipping his mum a length

Absolutely cracking match in prospect today. Resurgent Scotland take on volatile France at Murrayfield. Let's see just how much difference former England coach Andy Robinson has made.

Their front row could be under pressure, though, as one of their props has withdrawn due to his religious beliefs. Those Presbyterians still hold a lot of sway in large parts of Northern Scotland and smaller areas elsewhere.

Sorry, chaps and chapesses, whatever the attractions of the silky skills of McCormack , Christophe, etc, at the moment I'm getting packed, making sure the tickets are safe.

Another 6 Nations weekend beckons and my lad and I are off to the rugby tomorrow. We're not going to Ireland v France or Scotland v Wales, but Rome for Italy v England on Sunday is a temptation too much - if only for the the venue rather than the match itself.

Wales v Scotland looks like being dirge. France v Ireland could be an absolute cracker. Afraid to say it, though, but Sunday looks set to be a grim encounter. I'm going for a dour draw, a French home win, and England to just about sneak it after a struggle.

England +17 i reckon, Flutey should be back, and we should really be riding high after beating the Welsh. That said, the I-ti's gave the paddys a game, although to me it was more about Irish incompetence than Italian wonder.

The kicking game was awful, which is a shame as when England actually ran it, they looked OK.

Let me tell you MK Dons away was a heatwave compared to Stadio Flaminio this afternoon. Who needs to feel you or hands or fingers anyway?

Brief synopsis - awful. We only tried running the ball twice, in the first few seconds when Armitage nearly scored, and in the second half when we did score. The rest of the game was lifeless, dull, ponderous, predictable and vastly sub-standard. Our line-out was appalling and the interminable periods of aimless kicking defied logic.

The only plus is that we won - and just about any other team who play that poorly are defeated. We do have a habit of somehow knowing how to win a game when we really need it. If that's all we can cling onto, though, it doesn't bode well for now or the next few years.

Back