• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A feel-good news story for Xmas

Napster

No ⭐
Lottery winner to get his glasses fixed

A Chicago man says the first thing he does after a £3.2m lottery win will be to get his glasses mended.

James Gatzke said before the win his wish was "to have Christmas dinner in Heaven" with his parents because he was so poor and depressed.

Mr Gatzke was living in a house without heat and running water. He had suffered depression since his mother died six years ago and lost his job as a taxi driver in August.

For the past three months, he found himself begging and borrowing money from neighbours to buy food for himself and his seven cats, says the Daily Southtown.

He said: "It feels like I hit a home run in the ninth inning of the World Series. I still can't believe it happened. It's really sort of a miracle."

Rather than one lump sum, Gatzke will take 26 annual payments of $250,000 (£147,000).

"I am going to relax and take it easy for a while. And I am going to play the Mega Millions lottery."

Gatzke is expected to receive his first payment around his birthday on January 5.

Story filed: 12:47 Thursday 11th December 2003

Won sweet F.A last night but did win £6 of the new Lords Of The Ring scratchcard ...

Kev

rock.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 11 2003,15:27)]Gatzke is expected to receive his first payment around his birthday on January 5.
He's gotta survive without food etc for three and a half weeks still though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 11 2003,15:38)]Steve,

read my post above
They're not very tasty though, and a pain in the arse to skin, and then thers not much meat on them, I prefer dogs.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 11 2003,15:27)]He said: "It feels like I hit a home run in the ninth inning of the World Series. I still can't believe it happened. It's really sort of a miracle."
More like a Carl Embersson savfrom the penalty spot in sudden death penalty shoot out, in the F.A cup final against Arsenal.
biggrin.gif

Back