• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Match for James (Walker)

Only around 150 tickets sold so far. Come on fellow shrimpers let’s support this, the trust or more importantly James and his family
Absolutely agree, I have bought two tickets and hope many fellow supporters also buy theirs. The organiser that I bought the tickets from before the Wealdstone game said that James has severe learning issues now, so come on folks get a ticket and support a really worthwhile cause

What's the best (and safest) way to make a donation, having read the posts on here about Shrimper Zone being hacked.
Hi and thanks for your support.

There is a donation facility on the Shrimpers Trust website (newly revamped this week!). The story re James is at: https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/suepa/a-match-for-james/

On that page there is then a link to click for donations but the following will take you directly there: https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/product-category/donations/

Any further questions just let me know. Thanks, Andy

Not sure if I can go yet, but I have donated a fee I received for taking part in a professional study. I have also shared thd video on LinkedIn (its fab, and heartbreaking at the same time. Love the track btw). Will also buy tickets regardless if it is gping to help. I hope that enough is raised to provide a significant amount of money to help James. Its a tragic situation!

Not sure if I can go yet, but I have donated a fee I received for taking part in a professional study. I have also shared thd video on LinkedIn (its fab, and heartbreaking at the same time. Love the track btw). Will also buy tickets regardless if it is gping to help. I hope that enough is raised to provide a significant amount of money to help James. Its a tragic situation!

Thank you so much Ms Brush, all really appreciated and all helps - all costs are more than covered by some fantastic sponsorship so 100% of what is received goes to help James.

Yes, the backing track just seemed to fit so well, tried to get the pics/videos in it changing with what was largely a seven second beat throughout - the track is Gravity by Embrace (written by Coldplay). James's mum Dawn said it brought her to tears but was happy for us to put it out (I checked with her first - she supplied a lot f the pics used).

It is a tragic situation but the good news is that Dawn is saying that James is making real progress and that I should notice a positive difference when we see him on 28 May compared to when I saw him back in January. Progress is though measured in small steps - for instance he will now if asked 'put the chairs out' to help at one of his therapy sessions whereas not too long ago he would never have focused for long enough to do that. Dawn says that a reduction in the drugs he has been taking is helping too.

James will be there on 28 May accompanied by his mum, his three daughters, carers and lots of family. He will be walked on to the pitch to kick the game off in a replica 2008//09 shirt and is really looking forward to that.

Hoping for some more news from Tilly (and Brush!) very soon re completing the 20 strong Legends squad, it's looking pretty good. And they will all be wearing the 2008/09 kit too ..... with something special soon to be announced for the management team to wear!

So much has happened and is still happening re this and, with not unexpected hiccups along the way, it has nevertheless been an uplifting experience.

And we are currently working to bring on board the Harry Kane Foundation to assist in some publicity which is potentially quite exciting.

News on it all almost daily on SUEPA social media and will update again on here in the lead up to the big day.

Any questions from anyone n this please just ask, either Kay or myself will respond.

In such continually worrying times for our club this is all a story which shows the SUFC fans at their very best so thank you once again to all for your support.

Lee Clark, who is our co-collaborator from the Farke Knights has been successful in acquiring a fully signed Man Utd shirt for our cause, which he is currently auctioning himself - this will come with a genuine certificate of authenticity.

Please feel free to share if you're on Twitter. It's also on his personal FB.

Thank you so much Ms Brush, all really appreciated and all helps - all costs are more than covered by some fantastic sponsorship so 100% of what is received goes to help James.

Yes, the backing track just seemed to fit so well, tried to get the pics/videos in it changing with what was largely a seven second beat throughout - the track is Gravity by Embrace (written by Coldplay). James's mum Dawn said it brought her to tears but was happy for us to put it out (I checked with her first - she supplied a lot f the pics used).

It is a tragic situation but the good news is that Dawn is saying that James is making real progress and that I should notice a positive difference when we see him on 28 May compared to when I saw him back in January. Progress is though measured in small steps - for instance he will now if asked 'put the chairs out' to help at one of his therapy sessions whereas not too long ago he would never have focused for long enough to do that. Dawn says that a reduction in the drugs he has been taking is helping too.

James will be there on 28 May accompanied by his mum, his three daughters, carers and lots of family. He will be walked on to the pitch to kick the game off in a replica 2008//09 shirt and is really looking forward to that.

Hoping for some more news from Tilly (and Brush!) very soon re completing the 20 strong Legends squad, it's looking pretty good. And they will all be wearing the 2008/09 kit too ..... with something special soon to be announced for the management team to wear!

So much has happened and is still happening re this and, with not unexpected hiccups along the way, it has nevertheless been an uplifting experience.

And we are currently working to bring on board the Harry Kane Foundation to assist in some publicity which is potentially quite exciting.

News on it all almost daily on SUEPA social media and will update again on here in the lead up to the big day.

Any questions from anyone n this please just ask, either Kay or myself will respond.

In such continually worrying times for our club this is all a story which shows the SUFC fans at their very best so thank you once again to all for your support.
2 tickets purchased!

What I hadnt realised is that James was born and bred in Hackney, I work for London Borough of Hackney, so I have made our Football Development officer aware, as he runs all of the weekend league football for all ages and levels at Hackney marshes - undoubtedly somewhere James played as a kid, so their paths may well have crossed.

I have also let my Head of Service know, as he is very well connected and again, may know James as well. If nothing else, he can help us to share the message!

Our final auction item has just gone live, and it's a bit special.

Turns out James and his family have always been friendly with Harry Kane's family, with Harry having idolised James when they were young. Dawn (James' mum) was happy to pass over a signed Harry Kane Spurs shirt to me this morning given to her by Harry's mum, which is now live on Ebay.

20230520_110802.jpg

Spoke to Francis Laurent and Nicky Bailey earlier today, both confirmed as coming. Francis has booked his train tickets, and we've got someone who has kindly sponsored his hotel stay. Nicky is looking forwards to it, but is unlikely to play for long, if at all, following a recent op. It's good that so many people are making the effort, and I know James' family are really looking forwards to it, and James himself is excited about it.

Spoke to Francis Laurent and Nicky Bailey earlier today, both confirmed as coming. Francis has booked his train tickets, and we've got someone who has kindly sponsored his hotel stay. Nicky is looking forwards to it, but is unlikely to play for long, if at all, following a recent op. It's good that so many people are making the effort, and I know James' family are really looking forwards to it, and James himself is excited about it.
Two of my favourite players watching SUFC as a kid. Look forward to seeing them involved on the 28th.

The last time these guys played together for Southend I was probably 7-8 years old. I'm 21 now. Time flies eh?

Is there anyone out there amongst the SZ good folk who would be prepared to bring Francis to and from the match on Sunday? I know I know a good taxi driver, but unfortunately, he's going to be a bit busy with other stuff on the day! @TrueBlue don't know if you are about, or if anyone else can help?

Is there anyone out there amongst the SZ good folk who would be prepared to bring Francis to and from the match on Sunday? I know I know a good taxi driver, but unfortunately, he's going to be a bit busy with other stuff on the day! @TrueBlue don't know if you are about, or if anyone else can help?
PM me kay will see what I can do (free of charge of course) will depend on my diary

Our Match for James squad for Sun 28 May at Bowers & Pitsea (KO 3pm) is nearly complete with Nicky Bailey & Paul Byrne (yes, really!) being the latest additions. Weather set to be fine (touchwood), it will be a memorable & emotional afternoon - please be there! You can pay on the gate, £5 adults, £2 U16's

Squad Pic 7.jpg

Back