• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We more than exceeded expectations with an average quality squad, lead the league for the best part of the season, scored goals across the park, entertained in the most part.

Why oh why do people think we should have a change of manager!!!!

How about a change of supporters and a ban on the "Tilson" word!!!!!!!

:angry:

"entertained in the most part"????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I cannot bring myself to argue with anyone called Billy Best...but "entertained"???
When?

luggy director of football neil harris player manager.Voila!

Would definitely agree with this... Luggy's history is too good to ignore but can be a little mundane, team (and supporters) seem to come to life when Neil's around and his positive influence seems to bring results.

True. But what do we think will happen the second a club higher up the pyramid look twice at those two?

That's the problem with the revolving door - if the manager does well then he gets poached by someone else and if he doesn't then we all know what happens.

Indeed, as our 8 fingered, web footed friends from up the A12 found when Coventry came in for Hoofroyd he promptly jumped ship.

Andy Scott.

it's a shame Spinner's emigrated, he would have been a decent shout.

Personally though, I'm happy with Sturrock for now.

Andy Scott.

it's a shame Spinner's emigrated, he would have been a decent shout.

Personally though, I'm happy with Sturrock for now.

Are you related to Andy Scott Naps?

Spinner would IMO be a great shout, but switching from Bondi to Adventure Island may be a big ask.

Would love luggy to go to a director role!!!

ANDY SCOTT FOR ME A GREAT SHOUT HE WAS ALSO IN THE EAST STAND LAST NIGHT (READ INTO THAT WHAT YOU WILL)

ANDY SCOTT BLUE AND WHITE ARMY.......SUFC

Would love luggy to go to a director role!!!

ANDY SCOTT FOR ME A GREAT SHOUT HE WAS ALSO IN THE EAST STAND LAST NIGHT (READ INTO THAT WHAT YOU WILL)

ANDY SCOTT BLUE AND WHITE ARMY.......SUFC

Andy Scott??? Seriously?? Many people here think we've underachieved this season - then they want to bring in Rovrum's manager?? Perspective anyone?

Paul Sturrock. No question.

Its a very nice idea suggesting Neil Harris, and I'd love him to manage us one day, that day is not now. He has no managerial experience and no coaching badges. Personally I favour PS over Harris. I foresee Coughlan moving on to a managerial job within the next couple of years, when I'd put Harris in as assistant to take over.

It's all irrelevant. Paul Sturrock will not be sacked.

The team finished 4th with 83 points an excellent goal difference but missed out when playing a better in form team on the day.

What is all this rubbish about Sturrock being sacked??

Having supported this team for over 40 years now this was a very good season!!!!

Fickle fans or what!!! Never satisfied!!!:angry:

Oh, and if you want to blame someone then blame Aldershot's flood lights!! If they had not failed then we would have been up and not Crawley!!!

Exactly. No need to blame anyone. We had a good season. We'll feel bad for bit, dust ourselves and have another go next season. Sturrock will remain as manager, and I think he has the support of the vast majority of supporters.

It depends if he has to replace our better players if they go tottenham. If whoever the manager is goes through this process it will muck up the continuity of the past two years.

Which has got him 5 promotions. Why should he change his style of play if it gets promotions?

It wouldn't have got him 5 promotions if he'd spent those years pumping high balls to a 5ft 7in forward who has only scored 2 league goals in 14 months. You have to adapt styles of play to the personnel available to you, not try to adapt the players to a preferred, but unsuitable style.

Boring, ultimately unsuccessful - move on please.

It wouldn't have got him 5 promotions if he'd spent those years pumping high balls to a 5ft 7in forward who has only scored 2 league goals in 14 months. You have to adapt styles of play to the personnel available to you, not try to adapt the players to a preferred, but unsuitable style.

Boring, ultimately unsuccessful - move on please.

A rare voice of reason in the wilderness that is SZ after the Crewe result.
Let's hope we can trust the chairman to make the right decision (for once).Give Sturrock all the time he needs to look after his Devon garden.Happy retirement PS.:thumbsup:

I know I'll get slagged off for saying this, but I think Paul Sturrock is the key to next season and must be given another year.
With the uncertainty of funds available, players going out. He's already shown that he can do it with smoke & mirrors at short notice. Not too many managers could do what he's done these last 2 seasons. Thank you Paul Sturrock.

Back