• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TTS

Manager
Regardless of the ongoing threads about Tilly wages etc on the forum, can we make sure tomorrow is ONLY about Southend vs Lincoln and not about Tilly vs Ron !

We are there to show our appreciation to Tilly for his time at Roots Hall, this can be done before the game. As soon as that whistles blows, we want Tilly to suffer defeat - simple as that.

Tilly has been very shrewd to talk about this wage thing this week, he WANTS 3 points against us tomorrow and he has been very clever to use the wage issue to wage (no pun intended) the war against Ron again. I am fine with that and quite frankly am happy to let the courts sort that issue out.

Yes Tilly is a legend, but if he wants to win tomorrow as much as he does, we should not pander to that whim and let this Tilly/Ron debate end up on the terraces tomorrow, afterall tomorrow for 90mins he (ie Tilly) will not care about us all he will care about is winning the game for Lincoln, and that is the way it should be !!

We are there to get 3 points, this will be achieved by supporting the players and PS and NOT BY HURLING ABUSE AT RON (again, this is not support for Ron blah blah blah).

Leave the Ron/Tilly arguement to the forum and at home and to the courts, tomorrow lets bring the support for the Blues !!

UTB's ....

Regardless of the ongoing threads about Tilly wages etc on the forum, can we make sure tomorrow is ONLY about Southend vs Lincoln and not about Tilly vs Ron !

We are there to show our appreciation to Tilly for his time at Roots Hall, this can be done before the game. As soon as that whistles blows, we want Tilly to suffer defeat - simple as that.

Tilly has been very shrewd to talk about this wage thing this week, he WANTS 3 points against us tomorrow and he has been very clever to use the wage issue to wage (no pun intended) the war against Ron again. I am fine with that and quite frankly am happy to let the courts sort that issue out.

Yes Tilly is a legend, but if he wants to win tomorrow as much as he does, we should not pander to that whim and let this Tilly/Ron debate end up on the terraces tomorrow, afterall tomorrow for 90mins he (ie Tilly) will not care about us all he will care about is winning the game for Lincoln, and that is the way it should be !!

We are there to get 3 points, this will be achieved by supporting the players and PS and NOT BY HURLING ABUSE AT RON (again, this is not support for Ron blah blah blah).

Leave the Ron/Tilly arguement to the forum and at home and to the courts, tomorrow lets bring the support for the Blues !!

UTB's ....

+ 1 with all of the above

Fully agree but sadly I see it being Ron vs Tilly. There's still far too many people with their heads up Tilson's back side.

Agreed. With all due respect to Tilson, I hope we absolutely annihilate Lincoln tomorrow as we could do with a solid result to reinspire the team and our goal difference could do with the reinforcement. Not to mention Scott Spencer, who I'm sure will be going mental on Twitter should they achieve any result.

I do fear, though, that this will turn into a PR facility for fans with an anti-Ron agenda and I'd hate to see in-fighting on any scale.

Agreed. With all due respect to Tilson, I hope we absolutely annihilate Lincoln tomorrow as we could do with a solid result to reinspire the team and our goal difference could do with the reinforcement. Not to mention Scott Spencer, who I'm sure will be going mental on Twitter should they achieve any result.

I do fear, though, that this will turn into a PR facility for fans with an anti-Ron agenda and I'd hate to see in-fighting on any scale.

I think this is a given.

Tomorrow could turn very unsavoury indeed.

100% agree with all of the above, its sad that it needed to be said and I don't think it will change anyones mind, one way or the other - but you can only hope.

It's good that the squad is completely different to when Tilson was in charge, because it shouldn't affect the players mind set going into this game.
I just hope our fans use their loaf a bit and understand that we are Southend fans.

Agree with what others have said, pre-kickoff is about saying thanks to Tilly & Brush and the goodbye we never got. After KO it's all about the team in Blue, we need those 3 pts.

Not that I'll be there mind, still skint. I'll be there in spirit though, and I know the majority of SUFC fans there will do the team proud - it's up to you to drown out anything else!

UTB.

I agree with you completely but I expect a lot of arguments between our OWN fans tomorrow.

Been thinking the same for some time, I'd suggest that if people feel that strongly that the two factions try not to converge too much and take themselves to opposite ends of the stand if they really feel the need to be so expressive. Last thing we need is more unsavoury headlines about this Club, least of all to do with infighting between our own supporters.

Tilly v Ron won't be an issue because I don't think there are many people left who are willing to defend Ron's business practices. More likely to be Southend past v Southend present issues I think. I will be vowing to walk away from anyone being a prat and trying hard not to be one myself.

During the 90 minutes i am 100% supporting the team on the pitch and nothing else. Either side the Tilson is a legened and Ron's a c*nt chants i will gladly join in

I doubt coward Martin will be there though

Back