• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Different sports, but Brian Barry-Murphy's dad Jimmy was a Gaelic games great - two All-Ireland titles in each of hurling and football and inducted in to the GAA Hall Of Fame.

Iorfa Senior did and junior is currently playing at a higher level than his Dad could dream about

Big Bad Dom played in the Olympics!

Leon Cort?

Reckon he ended up having the better career.

Barry Corr was the reincarnation of Puskás. Does that count?

No, because Puskas didn't play for us.

Seeing Yorkies Mac Thread , and always having a thing about us getting the poorer relative, here is my 11

Daryl Flahavan
Bob Worthington
Peter Watson
Tom Jordan
Frank Lampard
Colin Morris
Terry Nicholl
Alan Little
Tes Bramble
Danny Greaves
Jimmy Shankly

Subs
Chris Guthrie
Dave Worthington
Dom Iorfa

On ability Colin Morris and Daryl are debateable, although their son/brother did play at a higher level.

Rayleigh Weir would probably have done a better thread too.

Sod ye ................ see what I did there?

I have no idea how to go about finding out a what level these brothers all played at. :sad:

Sod ye ................ see what I did there?

I have no idea how to go about finding out a what level these brothers all played at. :sad:

Efe was the best of that bunch though. Sam didn't earn as many international caps (let alone play at a World Cup), Akpo never played internationally and Steve didn't make it as a professional.

I think John Keeley was related to Glenn of Newcastle and Blackburn fame.
Not sure about this one. Glenn Keeley and Andy Keeley (ex-Spurs and others) were definitely brothers who attended Barstable School in Basildon as pupils, whereas John Keeley went to one of the Canvey schools (either Furtherwick Park or Cornelius Vermuyden). My late former Head of PE colleague at Barstable used to enthuse about Andy Keeley as being the best teenage footballer he ever taught, whilst another former colleague from Canvey used to sing the praises of John Keeley as the best schoolboy 'keeper he had seen. This doesn't mean that John and Glenn weren't related but my memory tells me that I probably would have made the connection if they were.

Frank Lampard. God, he was pale imitation of the player he'd been at West Ham when he signed for Southend. Even compared the some of those who had great careers but "had shot it" by the time they got to us, Lampard truly was utterly cack. :sad:

Not sure if these 2 count...

Declan Perkins had a famous actress sister; Louise Lombard

The late Mitchell Cole was the brother in Law of Joe Cole.

Frank Lampard. God, he was pale imitation of the player he'd been at West Ham when he signed for Southend. Even compared the some of those who had great careers but "had shot it" by the time they got to us, Lampard truly was utterly cack. :sad:

All things taken in to consideration - I would rate Frank Lampard as the worst player I have ever seen play for Southend United. That is of course taking his reputation and career into account.

Not sure if these 2 count...

Declan Perkins had a famous actress sister; Louise Lombard

The late Mitchell Cole was the brother in Law of Joe Cole.
Was he.... I thought he married Joe Coles sister and the name was just a coincidence- might be wrong though

Back