• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan Guthrie I believe played for Sunderland (as did Dave Watson) in the 1973 Cup Final.

Add Graham Wilkins into the batch; and Gavin Strachan

Ron Guthrie played for Sunderland in the '73 FA Cup Final. I don't know about Dave Watson. But re: SUFC Dave Young was a non playing sub in that final. He subsequently played for us and scored an og against Derby in the 3rd round of the Fa Cup in Jan '78. We lost 2-3 at the Baseball Ground.

Train from Southend Central direct to Derby.

Happy days...

I'm not sure how this helps the siblings playing for SUFC debate. :dim:

How can anybody forget Peter Watson (Southend United's greatest ever centre half!) older brother of Dave Watson mentioned above, who played for England.

Who's the Irish guy with an actress sister? He's also a lesser known relative.

Keith Dublin surely worth a mention? He's never presented Homes Under The Hammer!

All things taken in to consideration - I would rate Frank Lampard as the worst player I have ever seen play for Southend United. That is of course taking his reputation and career into account.

I can remember taking my son to see Southend one game , I had to go to the toilet , I said to my son I wont be long , when I came back he said to me Dad what is a pratt , I said why , he answered Shane Westley just called Frank Lampard one

How can anybody forget Peter Watson (Southend United's greatest ever centre half!) older brother of Dave Watson mentioned above, who played for England.

Literally in the first post of the thread. Some would argue he was a better player than Dave. (My Dad for example)

I Think Adam Bouzids brother play in the SPL and was an Algerian International

good call!

Adam Bouzid (born 30 November 1987) is a French-Algerian footballer who currently plays for SVN Zweibrücken. He is the younger brother of Hearts and Algerian International football player Ismaël Bouzid

Back