• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adverts that you hate

Balanced out by this one which I think is great.

[video=youtube;34YaY9mB3Ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34YaY9mB3Ms[/video]

Totally agree, that one doesn't bother me. Those two women on the other one just grind my gears.

I hate this one

[video=youtube;zD2I46zls9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2I46zls9s[/video]

The Kinder Egg advert where the child lies to his mother about his teddy being ill on order to get some chocolate.

Not only does the mother give him the egg, but she seems to think his deception is a bit of fun. This gives a terrible message to children that it is okay to lie to get what you want.

Any car advert that show left hand drive models instead of right hand drive that we use in the UK.

Those Dave primetime betting adverts (Betfair?) with the smug woman boasting home much the company has made. If I were looking for a company to bet with, I would want one that pays out a lot. not one that is just interested in raking in cash.

Debt consolidation, PPI or ambulance chasing lawyer firms.

This

being serious for a moment , I think its actually really dangerous that these adverts make it seem 'normal' to take out payday type loans to buy non essential stuff. If you can't afford it save up for it - you dont 'need' it, you 'want ' it.

I have o admire the cleverness of some advertiseres, making us think we 'need' their latest product -- i.e'' Congratulations You are entitled to a phone upgrade' Ypu never see this advertised r as ' Would you like to more than half your payments or keep them as they are and have something that in the real world offers nothing better than the product you already own and have paid for'

Back