• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This email came from the 'Against League 3' campaign. Let's get ourselves heard in particular in the 3rd and 33rd minute. Let's also make sure the banner is there so it can get on Sky.Hi guys,
First of all I cannot thank you enough for all of your support since this petition was created just 3 days ago. As we approach an incredible 30,000 signatures I just wanted to give a quick update on the campaign.
We have a fully up and running website www.againstleague3.co.uk where we are keeping everybody fully up to date on everything we are doing. You can also follow us on twitter at @againstleague3.
Also, we are looking for fans of clubs from clubs who still have games remaining this season (ideally play-off teams or people going to England games) to get in contact and create banners. Anybody who does will be featured on our website. We are also looking for these fans to lead chants against the proposals in the 3rd and 33rd minutes of their games.
Together we can make a real difference, thanks very much for all the continued support you have given us.
Lewis.

So, if each year, three teams get relegated from League Two (which could be us) to be replaced by promoted Premiership B teams, who eventually work their way to League One, whilst we all stay in the lower divisions, that's ok ?

I dont actually mind the idea of a League 3

How can you not!?

125 years the football league has existed. Nothing wrong with it so why change it on the off chance of producing young English talent

the answer is to put a minimum English players regulation on match day squads and/or starting elevens in the prem and championship. Leagues 1 and 2 already do this with the majority of sides

So, if each year, three teams get relegated from League Two (which could be us) to be replaced by promoted Premiership B teams, who eventually work their way to League One, whilst we all stay in the lower divisions, that's ok ?

Yep

How can you not!?

125 years the football league has existed. Nothing wrong with it so why change it on the off chance of producing young English talent

the answer is to put a minimum English players regulation on match day squads and/or starting elevens in the prem and championship. Leagues 1 and 2 already do this with the majority of sides

So because its been the same for 125 years we should all just stand still?

Yep

Clearly a wind up.

Why not go the full distance and make every FL72 team a feeder team of a Premiership side, maybe we could be West Ham C team??

Personally I shall stick with the 125 years of FL history than adopt Greg Dyke's premier league dominance masterplan. Feel free to suggest improvements that actually take English football forward.

Yep

So you're happy to sacrifice our competitiveness and enjoyment by increasing again the premiership clubs? Woo we got promoted lets go and watch Chelsea B at Aldershots ground with 100 Chelsea B fans

thats reserve team football. Not what I want to spend my money on.

The most important game of our season is not the place to start demonstrating against League proposals.

This game is all about 100% support of the Team for 100% of the game.

If it were not for the greed of premiership clubs and their obsession with instant results and huge piles of cash, we would not need a 'B' team structure that would effectively end the competiveness for some of our lower league football. I for one, would not like the idea of my teams prospects for promotion left in the hands of a premiership clubs whims if they decided halfway through a season to promote better players to the 1st team and bring in a few youth players to make up the numbers and thus hand easy points to our competitors. Germany, France, Spain and Italy have largely ignored the clamour to flood their teams with expensive foreign imports, a self imposed ideal for which their clubs should be applauded. This has led to more of their own nations talent, playing at the top. Most of the 'B' teams are only playing because there is a shortage of competetive clubs. When the money runs out, as one day it surely will, the Premiership clubs will have to invest more in home grown talent. This idea is about money, nothing else and any notion of it being put into place for the benefit of the national team is as big a red herring as I have ever heard of or indeed, seen. The idea that the lower leagues should make the sacrifice for the greed of the premiership in the name of national progress is, to me, abhorrent. Let the premiership clubs start to make the changes by decreasing their reliance on the finished and cheaper article brought in from foreign climes. Italy seem to do ok without 'B' teams, as do Brazil, Argentina and Netherlands. Sod 'em and the horse they rode in on.

Yep

No, but then you shouldnt make it worse either.

So you dont mind playing Stokes kids as a league game then or being in a league where a quarter or even half of the league couldnt give a monkeys if they get promoted or relegated and you could finish 11th and go up?

Flabbergasted.

The most important game of our season is not the place to start demonstrating against League proposals.

This game is all about 100% support of the Team for 100% of the game.

Totally agree I am all for a protest against this crazy idea but the 2nd leg of a play off semi-Final with a place at Wembley and promotion at stake is not the place to do it.

Totally agree I am all for a protest against this crazy idea but the 2nd leg of a play off semi-Final with a place at Wembley and promotion at stake is not the place to do it.
As much as I am against the idea with every breath in my body.

For the love of God we do not need to get involved in anything other than total and absolute support of the Blues in the return leg.

Back the Blues and make up for the fact we only have 6500 tickets sold at the moment.

We need a wall of noise and The Blue Voice to create an hostile atmosphere.

As much as I am against the idea with every breath in my body.

For the love of God we do not need to get involved in anything other than total and absolute support of the Blues in the return leg.

Back the Blues and make up for the fact we only have 6500 tickets sold at the moment.

We need a wall of noise and The Blue Voice to create an hostile atmosphere.

Some might say that the bigger picture, the integrity and competitiveness of the Football League is more important than a single promotion - although it won't seem like it Saturday !!!

There was a 'say no to League 3' banner at Burton on Sunday, I believe it was displayed before kick-off though. There was one at Peterborough on Saturday too. Play-offs are a good time to do it because of the TV coverage.

Displaying a banner at the start of the game isnt going to take anything away from the support for the team.

Displaying a banner at the start of the game isnt going to take anything away from the support for the team.

Agreed, don't see any problem with a banner before the game and/or afterwards, we just shouldn't allow anything to detract from the job in hand of backing the team 100% on Saturday during the game. If we were 4-0 up from the first leg then maybe but we don't have that luxury and I wouldn't want to see anything that diverts us from the number 1 goal.

A banner should be sufficient. Stick at the front and hang it over the wall in the front of the stand.

Should we get to the final then there's a chance that the FA will have a representative. Boo-ing them so suffice along with more banners. But not detracting from the main task.

Back