• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Air horn

EASTWOOD BLUES

A SUFC steward today came to me and wanted to take away my 10 year old son`s air horn (apparently because it was too noisy). This steward's attitude reflected all that could be said in favour of being nothing but a jobs worth, he served no purpose than to frighten my son, really **** me off, and aggrivate those supporters we were standing with (who fully understood the stupidity of the situation and the mentality of a guy who really needs to find himself a job as a traffic warden in order to satisfy his perverse needs. The other supporters rallied round, aware that this guy was totally focused on myself and my son - and so were the cameras. Such a sad bunch of ***holes these stewards are that they feel compelled to pick on ten year olds simply supporting their team, smokers trying to have a quick puff etc. If there were occasion when they are required to step in , in the event of real aggro, it is quite obvious they would run a mile in the opposite direction being unable to stop a wilting lettuce! So much for the media screamimg that southend need the support of the fans today , we turned out for them and my son is so embarrassed and upset he has made the decision on his own that he will not return. I hope the steward appreciated the air horn that my son galdly gave him at the end of the match - you sad sad individual - shame on you that you should feel the need to belittle a small boy in your quest to make yourself feel important - YOU FAILED MISERABLY...........:

You should've gave it to me straight away then ;) :finger:

In all seriousness though thats a joke :minger:

excuse the highly interlectual joke i made :angel:

You want to put pen to paper and write to the club. That is completely out of order. You don't see much in the way of stewards in the family stand, but some of the stories we hear about from elsewhere do underline that there is a problem.

thats terrible. the stewards are a bunch of ********s who in a serious situation wouldn't have a clue what to do. all they wanna do is **** everyone off by telling people to sit down, taking things away etc. just to spoil the game for everyone.

**** me... sounded like it all kicked off!

I cant believe that, what a ****er!! Write to RM, I think he will be appauled to hear of this, please keep us updated if you do decide to contact him.

Totally the opposite. Number 32 behind the home goal. He's such a laugh, allowing things. Was hitting the kids with the cheerstix and letting them hit him back. Always having a laugh and it generally well spirited.

Such as shame you get the odd w*nker!

While an unfortunate incident and one which you should highlight direct to the club, it would be wrong to tarnish all with the same brush. I stood at the entrance to the family stand with my daughter and her friend, and the steward there was totally friendly and chatty. He was a really nice bloke both talking to the kids and me. He was also welcoming the the fans through the turnstiles.

So they arent all nasty people so please be careful not to generalise.

One of the stewards said to me they are illegal in the ground as if placed behind someones ear they might deafen them .....A bit like if you bang a drum on someones head it might hurt ;) ....Daft if you ask me ...but these are apparently the rules..

A SUFC steward today came to me and wanted to take away my 10 year old son`s air horn (apparently because it was too noisy). This steward's attitude reflected all that could be said in favour of being nothing but a jobs worth, he served no purpose than to frighten my son, really **** me off, and aggrivate those supporters we were standing with (who fully understood the stupidity of the situation and the mentality of a guy who really needs to find himself a job as a traffic warden in order to satisfy his perverse needs. The other supporters rallied round, aware that this guy was totally focused on myself and my son - and so were the cameras. Such a sad bunch of ***holes these stewards are that they feel compelled to pick on ten year olds simply supporting their team, smokers trying to have a quick puff etc. If there were occasion when they are required to step in , in the event of real aggro, it is quite obvious they would run a mile in the opposite direction being unable to stop a wilting lettuce! So much for the media screamimg that southend need the support of the fans today , we turned out for them and my son is so embarrassed and upset he has made the decision on his own that he will not return. I hope the steward appreciated the air horn that my son galdly gave him at the end of the match - you sad sad individual - shame on you that you should feel the need to belittle a small boy in your quest to make yourself feel important - YOU FAILED MISERABLY...........:

i had a geezer behind me in cardiff with a air horn hurt my hearing wot a ****er

Sounds like a right jobs worth bet he was bullied at school so likes to take it out on little kids. I agree right a letter of complaint. Ok so what if the air horn was illegal yourself and your son were not to know that so there was no need for him to be an arsehole towards your son.

i don't think your allowed airhorns in the ground theres a list out some of the turnstiles of what you can and can't bring in, im sure if you go sat you can have a look? Im sure theres on just before the stairs of the east stand bridge

I wonder how I managed to take an airhorn to every single home game in the North Bank years back?

I never killed anyone!

that wouldnt be the air horn i saw a few stewards mucking about with at the end of the game would it??

probably quite hard to tell.. think it had a different pitch!

Back