• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How about

Smith
Phillips Barker Cresswell
Clohessey Straker
Hurst Spicer Martin
Eastwood Assambalonga?

5-3-2?

Shame we have to alter the whole team due to lack of central mids, and RM's tight arse.

How about

Smith
Phillips Barker Cresswell
Clohessey Straker
Hurst Spicer Martin
Eastwood Assambalonga?

5-3-2?

Shame we have to alter the whole team due to lack of central mids, and RM's tight arse.

Yep , I agree.
This thread is sadly talking about defensive line ups at home to a team we should not be worried about at all.
Don't get me wrong , I understand why , but just very depressing.
We are playing a side who've lost the last 7 ( is that right ? ).
As without Timlin we have no strong midfield to speak of , we should just go for it with 2 up front and 2 wingers.
It's Aldershot at home for FFS !

Noticed them lot are 7/2 todo a job on us tonight - seems a fairly good price to me

Smith

Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Barker

Tomlin Woodyard Hurst Martin

Eastwood Assombalonga​

Won't happen, but I'd like to see Woody given another go as I don't actually see what he did wrong to warrant being dropped from the squad all together.

I agree - the omens are not good. Still ......... how about this for consideration?

Smithy
Basher - Bandy - Baldy - Barker
Hurst - Leo - Woodpile - Spicy - Tomkins
Britvic

5 person midfield (even though at home)

Playing a team who have lost 7 and playing one up front ?

Hopefully we can hold out for a draw....

Thats exactly the kind of system we would play last year and PS got slaughtered for. We have a bad result and its all doom and gloom, we did slaughter Rotherham the game before.

Id go with farmdog's :

Smith
Clohessy - Phillips - Creswell - Barker
Hurst - Leonard - Spicer - Martin
Tomlin - Assombalonga

Seems like a decent team to me, would prefer Eastwood to start, and Leonard obviously not ideal but Im fairly happy with that lineup.

Well - I did put forward the formation "for consideration". But bear in mind that Tommo can/does "switch" between midfield and attack anyway.

If I had my way/free rein I would be looking to have Eastwood, Britt and Tomlin on the pitch to start with and go for the "we'll score one more than we let in" approach. But I doubt we'll see that this evening.

Well - I did put forward the formation "for consideration". But bear in mind that Tommo can/does "switch" between midfield and attack anyway.

If I had my way/free rein I would be looking to have Eastwood, Britt and Tomlin on the pitch to start with and go for the "we'll score one more than we let in" approach. But I doubt we'll see that this evening.

The 4312 formation failed dismally vs Barnet so I dont think we will see that again.

Id like to see those 3 in the side with Tomlin out wide though.

******************************SMITH******************************
CLOHESSEY*********CRESSWELL************BARKER**************STRAKER
****************************WOODYARD***************************
*****************************HURST******************************
**********TOMLIN*******************************************MARTIN
********************************EASTWOOD************************
**********************ASSOMBALONGA******************************

its the classic 4-1-1-2-1-1 formation ..... Aldershite are clueless so lets bash em to bits !

Alex " young Gareth Barry" Woodyard holding in front of back four , Kevan "Mark Gower" Hurst free role , Freddy supporting Britt.

Fancy a 5.0 romp tonight with Dave Martin having an absolute belter of a game

******************************SMITH******************************
CLOHESSEY*********CRESSWELL************BARKER**************STRAKER
****************************WOODYARD***************************
*****************************HURST******************************
**********TOMLIN*******************************************MARTIN
********************************EASTWOOD************************
**********************ASSOMBALONGA******************************

its the classic 4-1-1-2-1-1 formation ..... Aldershite are clueless so lets bash em to bits !

Alex " young Gareth Barry" Woodyard holding in front of back four , Kevan "Mark Gower" Hurst free role , Freddy supporting Britt.

Fancy a 5.0 romp tonight with Dave Martin having an absolute belter of a game

I like the comparison of Kevan Hurst and Mark Gower in this post. I've only been to a handful of games so far this season but been really impressed with Hurst. Seems like the most creative player we've had since Gower.

It has defeat righten all over it, so im going for a 1 1 draw. and that is from the heart

Back