• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alfie Patten, father at 13

Wee Alfie doesn’t look more than seven, and it’s obvious he won’t be much of a father NOW. It’s unlikely that he will grow up to become a candidate for parent of the year, or indeed have much to do with the child (the baby I mean, not the little squit), but you never know, he just might. Fathering a child at a young age doesn’t automatically qualify you for chav scum membership – are teenage fumblings confined to the underclass? In common with MK Shrimper, I wasn’t really that interested at 12, but from 14 onwards, all I wanted was sex, and lots of it.

Sadly for me and the female population of Southend-on-sea, I didn’t really get much. In fact, nothing at all until I was 16. The lady in question was on the pill, and showed me the packet to prove her point. For me, that was good enough, and I risked the awful world of STDs by losing my cherry bareback style.

As a result of this, or possibly the sequel a couple of nights later, I am now the father of a young lady who will be turning 20 in June. My daughter’s mother did a quick bunk two days after her first Christmas, but with massive support from my parents, I have succeeded in raising a well-adjusted and sensible young woman who is now in her second year of university.

I realise this sounds like me telling you all how great I am, but that’s not my intention. I think I’ve done OK, but I’m blessed to have a strong family unit and a daughter with a lot more sense than her old man. I’ve taken her to live in different countries, introduced some fairly questionable women into our lives, but she’s survived it all.

The point I’m really trying to make is that young parents can be good parents, and they’re not all scumbags. Of course I would have preferred to finish school and university before she was born, but that wasn’t the hand I was dealt with. If families stand together and support one another, and at least one of the parents takes some responsibility, anything’s possible.

Im not denying that young parents cant be good parents, but you were 16/17 when your daughter was born, this chap is 12... my willy probably didnt even work then!

Last edited:
Wee Alfie doesn’t look more than seven, and it’s obvious he won’t be much of a father NOW. It’s unlikely that he will grow up to become a candidate for parent of the year, or indeed have much to do with the child (the baby I mean, not the little squit), but you never know, he just might. Fathering a child at a young age doesn’t automatically qualify you for chav scum membership – are teenage fumblings confined to the underclass? In common with MK Shrimper, I wasn’t really that interested at 12, but from 14 onwards, all I wanted was sex, and lots of it.

Sadly for me and the female population of Southend-on-sea, I didn’t really get much. In fact, nothing at all until I was 16. The lady in question was on the pill, and showed me the packet to prove her point. For me, that was good enough, and I risked the awful world of STDs by losing my cherry bareback style.

As a result of this, or possibly the sequel a couple of nights later, I am now the father of a young lady who will be turning 20 in June. My daughter’s mother did a quick bunk two days after her first Christmas, but with massive support from my parents, I have succeeded in raising a well-adjusted and sensible young woman who is now in her second year of university.

I realise this sounds like me telling you all how great I am, but that’s not my intention. I think I’ve done OK, but I’m blessed to have a strong family unit and a daughter with a lot more sense than her old man. I’ve taken her to live in different countries, introduced some fairly questionable women into our lives, but she’s survived it all.

The point I’m really trying to make is that young parents can be good parents, and they’re not all scumbags. Of course I would have preferred to finish school and university before she was born, but that wasn’t the hand I was dealt with. If families stand together and support one another, and at least one of the parents takes some responsibility, anything’s possible.
Well said Rusty :clap: as I was a young father myself, I agree that it's not the age of the father, it's the quality of fathering that matters.

ps those who are posting in disgust only do so because they didn't get any when they were 13 (apart from their right hand ), and got bullied at school because of it.

ps those who are posting in disgust only do so because they didn't get any when they were 13 (apart from their right hand ), and got bullied at school because of it.

No Carl, I have to protest, at 13 boys might be getting wet dreams and that, but they really shouldn't be having sex. Historically, girls might have been having sex at that sort of age but the men were generally adult. There is just something aesthetically not right in the "partnership" there that has produced a child, I'm not saying at all that all young parents/mothers/fathers are poor by any means.

I guess all people mature at different ages, just that this lad didn't bag it up.

At 13 I was more interested in sport tham girls, although a few of the lads at school started boasting about losing their virginity, and the next thing you knew we were all boasting although most of us were still virgins. Peer pressure has increased dramaticly as shown by the UK having the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe (we have to be good at something). By going the benefit route is easy these days, during my brief spell as a letting agent, the amount of young mothers being able to afford £500 a month flats due to housing benefits was a total joke.
As for the girl, if this happened a year later would she be done for being a paedophile.
The baby has little chance of a normal childhood, although I dare say the mother and father are getting a publishing deal and an agent due to the peer pressure of their family.

At 13 I was more interested in sport tham girls, although a few of the lads at school started boasting about losing their virginity, and the next thing you knew we were all boasting although most of us were still virgins. Peer pressure has increased dramaticly as shown by the UK having the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe (we have to be good at something). By going the benefit route is easy these days, during my brief spell as a letting agent, the amount of young mothers being able to afford £500 a month flats due to housing benefits was a total joke.
As for the girl, if this happened a year later would she be done for being a paedophile.
The baby has little chance of a normal childhood, although I dare say the mother and father are getting a publishing deal and an agent due to the peer pressure of their family.
to play devils advocate, when my lad was born I had to get housing benefit, I'm not proud of it but the fact was that I was working very hard full time to earn £400 per month (pre - minimum wage). To be fair though, we lived accordingly, in a scummy bedsit near station road in westcliff for £40 p/week.

Having experienced living like that (and selling my possessions to afford food at the end of the month, hoping that I had enough 20p's for the shower meter, and enough 50ps for the electric), and now having pretty much what I want in life, I would say that "the benefit route" isn't easy!

The recorded interview of the 'father' (aka Kid) said it all. Anybody else hear it?

Interviewer: What does being a good dad mean?

Kid: Feed it. Change it.

Interviewer: How will you cope financially?

Kid: What's 'financially'?

to play devils advocate, when my lad was born I had to get housing benefit, I'm not proud of it but the fact was that I was working very hard full time to earn £400 per month (pre - minimum wage). To be fair though, we lived accordingly, in a scummy bedsit near station road in westcliff for £40 p/week.

Having experienced living like that (and selling my possessions to afford food at the end of the month, hoping that I had enough 20p's for the shower meter, and enough 50ps for the electric), and now having pretty much what I want in life, I would say that "the benefit route" isn't easy!

I go to work do up to 60 hours a week and spend my wages on bills. Im not on a high income and every month I might have £50 left. And yet some young mother gets what I earn to spend on accomodation without going to work. What are these people being taught at school about sex education or has society changed that much that scrounging of benefits is deemed exceptable.

I go to work do up to 60 hours a week and spend my wages on bills. Im not on a high income and every month I might have £50 left. And yet some young mother gets what I earn to spend on accomodation without going to work. What are these people being taught at school about sex education or has society changed that much that scrounging of benefits is deemed exceptable.

I think that's rather the crux of it. Sex education IS taught in schools, and is taught from a far younger age than it ever was, however despite this there are far too many girls who see having a baby at a young age as their passport to an independent home and independent finances. Many, many of them have no desire to work and as long as the state continues to fund these individuals to such a high level, then the problem will persist.

I really don't know what the answer is, something draconian probably.

I know that in my case the baby certainly wasn't conceived with the intention of gaining benefits - they were an unfortunate by-product of the circumstances that I was in.

But I agree with the sentiment against anybody who has a baby purely for financial benefit (although I doubt there is as many as you fear who go into it for that reason alone...)

Good on you...

I suppose if it all goes wrong, the young lad could join fathers for justice and save a fortune on a spiderman costume

technically they are zero rated, not "vat free", but that is the effective result :)

I have seen the kids on tv - he seems very young for a 13 year old - reinforces what i said earlier about kids developing at different ages. I would have said he looked and acted more like a 10 year old.

The interview where he's asked about finances is quite disturbing. Not only does he not understood the word but she sniggers at his response.

According to the taxi driver i spoke to in Eastbourne last night, he said the Sun were paying the family £40k for the story. Thats not a bad start is it lol

According to the NotW, there's now some dispute about the paternity as she was sleeping with about 8 boys around the same time. Where the heck was her mother in all of this?

Back