• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All down to you Ron!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Yes, here i am another loss and up i pop but surely the only bloke to blame is Mr. Martin. Your dream is backfiring badly, your manager does not know which way to turn (latest bargain basement just scored 2 for Southampton) how much further are we going to be sold down the river, this is getting serious. This team will go down as thay are fighting against teams that are on the up and also getting paid there wages. Wycombe getting better, Brighton getting better along with Tranmere. Cut the crap and try thinking about the team and the fans as quite honestly your income is going to look pretty feeble next year if you carry on this ridiculous chirade. Also the manager will look for pastures new and all for what, a shiney new empty stadium and Conference style football. Used to love staying over for away games with the anticipation of a win or a draw, not for the forseeable future with the position that has been forced upon Tilly with the garbage available to him thanks to car dealer Ron!

Yes, here i am another loss and up i pop but surely the only bloke to blame is Mr. Martin. Your dream is backfiring badly, your manager does not know which way to turn (latest bargain basement just scored 2 for Southampton) how much further are we going to be sold down the river, this is getting serious. This team will go down as thay are fighting against teams that are on the up and also getting paid there wages. Wycombe getting better, Brighton getting better along with Tranmere. Cut the crap and try thinking about the team and the fans as quite honestly your income is going to look pretty feeble next year if you carry on this ridiculous chirade. Also the manager will look for pastures new and all for what, a shiney new empty stadium and Conference style football. Used to love staying over for away games with the anticipation of a win or a draw, not for the forseeable future with the position that has been forced upon Tilly with the garbage available to him thanks to car dealer Ron!

I really have no argument with your post,we are in big trouble.

He won't go, as I've said before there is too much invested in the proposed new ground complex. I do agree with Wiggy's sentiments to some extent though, and RM has to do everything within his power to ensure these players are given their rightful payments, be that wages or bonuses, from here on in. There can be no slip ups that give them any reason to take their mind off the task in hand so provide the necessary financial support to keep their minds focussed on the pitch, where Tilson and Brush can concentrate their talents.

I am in two minds about this - yes it is frustrating that the investment is going into the new stadium and not the team, but I would rather we lived within our means than "do a Portsmouth"....

Martin put us in this position, now he needs to get us out of it.
I dont care if we go down as long as we stay in business.
I have supported this team 30 years now and the the first time am really worried that we could go under.
If only he could come out and say the truth with all whats going on.
He might be the chairman but its the fans that really own Southend united and unless he tells us what is going on sooner than later we are in big trouble.
If we are going into adminastration than I would rather do it now than get -10 pts at beginning of next season which could leave us stranded at the bottom of league 2.

So Martin be honest or get out!!!!

It pains me to agree with this post, but it is spot.

We have spent the money we got for Barny so well. The whole idea of selling Barny was to stop him going on a free transfer & having some money to spend on players. What we spent the money on? F A!! It will pay HMRC the money RM has ******* on expensive stadium designers (one of the most expensive you can get) designing a stadium we will never fill. I was told a regular of the SZ, who does this for a living, that by cutting the capacity to a more realistic 15,000 or so, would save approx £12-13 million!

Its all about what RM can make out of this & his ego! Time to sell up & FRO Ron!

So what is the answer then? I won't buy from the club shop, the food outlets (mainly its overpriced crap & no onions!!) & don't drink there!

I'm going to stop buying programmes now too. Childish, perhaps but if we start hitting RM in the pocket, will he listen? He will probably come out with some emotional BS about it harming the club, players & potentially our future. And he hasn't already done this to us?

Lets boycott the 50/50 halftime draw & programmes for a few games. A minor show of defiance, but a gesture!

So what is the answer then? I won't buy from the club shop, the food outlets (mainly its overpriced crap & no onions!!) & don't drink there!

I'm going to stop buying programmes now too. Childish, perhaps but if we start hitting RM in the pocket, will he listen? He will probably come out with some emotional BS about it harming the club, players & potentially our future. And he hasn't already done this to us?

Lets boycott the 50/50 halftime draw & programmes for a few games. A minor show of defiance, but a gesture!

Surely that's cutting off your nose to spite your face though - club shop aside (it's contracted out after all) if you boycott programmes, 50/50 etc then you are denying the club vital revenue thus worsening our already parlous financial situation.

Surely that's cutting off your nose to spite your face though - club shop aside (it's contracted out after all) if you boycott programmes, 50/50 etc then you are denying the club vital revenue thus worsening our already parlous financial situation.

See paragraph two!

The 50/50 is a minor income & the programmes are to a lesser extent. It is a token gesture, as a bigger gesture will be next season in Div 2 when a 6000 crowd will be one of the better crowds. Hundreds, if not thousands, will stop coming to RH & will hit the club harder in the pockets. Now that will finish the club! Look at Darlo or Chester!! Great empty new stadiums!

Will the shops re-new their contracts with RM if no bugger buys from them? NO!

I'm not talking about a Jobson out type boycott, but something to show RM that we can have a big say in what happens with his finances! One or two games perhaps?

I don't buy programmes and I very rarely eat or drink in the ground.

A lot of people do & seeing as most people won't get involved with vocal protests as in the Jobson era, maybe a "little" sign might do the trick.

A friend from Leeds bought me a ticket to go to Old Trafford a fair few years ago. Their hatred of Manure is such that hardly any Leeds fans bought food or programmes that day. The food concourse was empty! Yes it was planned, but it worked. 9000 x no £2.00 programmes, 9000 x £5 food & drinks, as it was then, soon adds up!

It is not designed to do long term damage to the club!

I don't buy programmes and I very rarely eat or drink in the ground.

Same.

I'm unsure on this, we are in big trouble because of the past few seasons which wasn't really Rons fault. If we were to lose Ron, who would take over and really have the passion for the cliub like he does? Some may question his commitment to the club, but I reckon he's telling the truth and that he is doing everything possible to help this club move forward, but is it enough? I don't know. Who is going to want to take control of this club if he was to leave?

Same.

I'm unsure on this, we are in big trouble because of the past few seasons which wasn't really Rons fault. If we were to lose Ron, who would take over and really have the passion for the cliub like he does? Some may question his commitment to the club, but I reckon he's telling the truth and that he is doing everything possible to help this club move forward, but is it enough? I don't know. Who is going to want to take control of this club if he was to leave?

The buck stops with RM. Simples! He's in charge & he makes the decisions. Simples!

He is not a Shrimper, he is a greedy businessman who is using SUFC as the vehicle for making himself stackloads of money! Where RM has gone wrong is planning a stadium that is too big & too expensive. Yes it looks the nuts, but as I have said earlier, we could have a 15000 stadium & save approx £12M. What is the point of spending £12M extra for an extra 7000 empty seats. If we ever need to expand, we can do at a later date!

We had a group of wealthy fans who were prepared to put their money into the club, so hopefully they are still prepared to buy RM out!

See paragraph two!

The 50/50 is a minor income & the programmes are to a lesser extent. It is a token gesture, as a bigger gesture will be next season in Div 2 when a 6000 crowd will be one of the better crowds. Hundreds, if not thousands, will stop coming to RH & will hit the club harder in the pockets. Now that will finish the club! Look at Darlo or Chester!! Great empty new stadiums!

Will the shops re-new their contracts with RM if no bugger buys from them? NO!

I'm not talking about a Jobson out type boycott, but something to show RM that we can have a big say in what happens with his finances! One or two games perhaps?

I understand it's not much, but every little helps and all that...! ;)

However, when you say Ron's finances, you really should say SUFC's....

A few years ago Celtic fans had reason to demonstrate. What they did was to still turn up and buy merchadise etc but would watch the games in absolute silence in protest.

just a thought....

Back