• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be really tiring being on 24 hour alert to be offended on other people's behalf. I'm glad I'm old now and won't have to put up with what this will be like in another 10 years.
If I'm really unlucky I've got another 50 years of this minimum 😂 :Facepalm:

Any chance you can give me an up to date list of words/phrases which have been banned in the last twenty or so years?
I get very confused as there are some words like qu..r that was originally widely used, then it was deemed offensive, but then it came back into general use again.
Another one which causes difficulties to older people is the use of col.ured instead of bl..k.
Who actually makes the decision as to which words are “in”, and which words are “out”. I think we need to be told.
Clearly you need educating by the oh so self righteous CPM, who seems to know it all.

I think we’ve in danger of veering off topic here. Let’s try and keep on topic and let’s not make it personal.

Any chance you can give me an up to date list of words/phrases which have been banned in the last twenty or so years?
I get very confused as there are some words like qu..r that was originally widely used, then it was deemed offensive, but then it came back into general use again.
Another one which causes difficulties to older people is the use of col.ured instead of bl..k.
Who actually makes the decision as to which words are “in”, and which words are “out”. I think we need to be told.

The rules haven't changed - the threshold for what the vast majority deem acceptable has.

It must be really tiring being on 24 hour alert to be offended on other people's behalf. I'm glad I'm old now and won't have to put up with what this will be like in another 10 years.

Hopefully I've got a few more years than you (not many though) I'm getting old too. I often say the same thing to myself.

I try not to give people abuse on this matter, I'd rather try and open peoples eyes on how silly the World is becoming, be it Woke, Racism or what ever you want to call it. I went to School and was taught "sticks and stones", what ever happened to that?

I think we’ve in danger of veering off topic here. Let’s try and keep on topic and let’s not make it personal.
With respect YB, it is not off topic. The guy allegedly used a phrase which actually was used (far more frequently) years ago, and if he is of mature years, then to him it is an acceptable phrase to use.
What are people of a certain age meant to do? Go on annual refresher courses as to what are now the only acceptable words/phrases that can be uttered in public?
And to read out the hit list as to what has been banned in the last year?

A friend of mine who was there heard the man shout this but also mentioned that he was also calling them animals ,so it could of been taken out of context but im afraid there is only one person that knows how it was intended and I cant see how one could be charged .

Let me pls make it clear that racism is a serious matter but just adding my thoughts to what this gentleman could of meant

The rules haven't changed - the threshold for what the vast majority deem acceptable has.
Oh I get you. That is why you hear f..k and even c..t on BBC drama far far more these days.
Acceptable to the majority.

Have you ever been abused or disadvantaged because of your race? If so I hope you drew fortitude from the 'sticks and stones' maxim.

Not really no, I had a good upbringing, a pretty good School in Shoebury. Left Scfhool, joined the Army where I was looked after. When I left the Army I found a good job in the City.

In the end a complaint has been made, the police will investigate and make a decision whether a prosecution is required. That will take in not all the speculation on here but the facts as they discover them.

What would be wise is to wait and see that outcome. The club will and then take any action as appropriate.

I am not sure this thread is adding very much now, and given it is potentially sub-judice it would be wise to bring to a close.

A friend of mine who was there heard the man shout this but also mentioned that he was also calling them animals ,so it could of been taken out of context but im afraid there is only one person that knows how it was intended and I cant see how one could be charged .

Let me pls make it clear that racism is a serious matter but just adding my thoughts to what this gentleman could of meant
Agree Duncan the play on words is a mine field,even Fuzzy Wuzzy,yes i know D but just an heads up'

Agree Duncan the play on words is a mine field,even Fuzzy Wuzzy,yes i know D but just an heads up'
Fuzzy Wuzzy was Corporal Jones fave term in Dads Army. Had been shown on TV in recent years. Also, the term Honkey has been used on TV in recent years in reruns of Starsky and Hutch. Should i be offended?

And what happens if there is no case to answer but everyone still believes that the gentleman in question is a racist ? Does the accuser get arrested for making false accusations, or does he just shrug his shoulders and carry on as if nothing happened because to be sure there will be no consequences to him at all.

Waste of police time, old bloke will state he said it in context of Woking playing dirty like animals, or with legal advice say " no comment".
Woking players will state they perceived it as racist.
File submitted to CPS, no realistic conviction, unless suspect has similar allegations or convictions against him, no further action and advice given.
Yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back