• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Am i alone.

Im 99% tee total, only really have a drink at Christmas and the odd one on holiday. Just dont enjoy it anymore.

However Im not the type who can enjoy an evening in a pub with drunk people either so generally dont bother..

I've not drunk for probably 9 years. Some friends can't handle it. It's almost as if I've joined a weird religion. Basically alcohol is a depressive and causes lots of problems and I've not regretted a day since I've stopped. Don't miss the hangovers either.

One said "I've not come all the way from Singapore to have you drink coke".

I've not drunk for probably 9 years. Some friends can't handle it. It's almost as if I've joined a weird religion. Basically alcohol is a depressive and causes lots of problems and I've not regretted a day since I've stopped. Don't miss the hangovers either.

You can say that again! Used to enjoy going out 3/4 times a week and getting drunk enough to just about walk home with the ability eventually get the key in the hole and fall on my bed. Would wake up in the morning hardly feeling anything, maybe a slight headache. Only a few times did I wake up with an absolute hammering.

After some personal stuff, I decided to stay off the stuff for a while and a couple of months ago went to visit some old friends and go out for a drink. After a few drinks, did mix though, and wasn't even drunk but had a shocking hangover the next day. Will be going back to visit them again, but not mixing drinks this time!

I enjoy a beer and make no secret of it. Have made a dick of myself more than once but so what. I have few pleasures in life due the amount of hours I work so having a beer on my days off is what I do.

I don't smoke, don't do drugs, eat pretty healthily and try to keep myself fit. Drinking is my one vice and I enjoy it whether it's in the pub or at home. I have however cut back from years ago when I was drinking pretty much every day, you can only keep that up for so long. I have friends who go to the pub every lunchtime, as I used to. While making a concsious effort to cut my drinking back I thought I would just go down and have a lime & soda but that invariably didn't happen so now I find it easier to just not go. So in a way I guess I am reliant on the booze to give myself the perception that I'm enjoying myself in that situation if I'm choosing to not go rather than not drink. I guess it comes from years of association.

Having a girlfriend living with me who doesn't really drink much helps as well, the previous one was very much a bottle of wine a night girl and one usually led to a second. Now I very rarely have a drink at home during the week and at the weekend if we're staying in and get a bottle of wine, we'll only open one. I find buying one more expensive bottle and enjoying it now better than buying two cheaper ones and glugging it as I used to!

Back