• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mid-Season, behave, we're a handful of games in. Think it's a fantastic gesture. I can't believe you're criticising the club for promoting a charity.

Sorry, for a moment we were a professional football club.

Why is it being done now and not 2 years ago? Oh right, because it's been in the media in the past few weeks.

Why is it being done now and not 2 years ago? Oh right, because it's been in the media in the past few weeks.

**** me, you're a cynic. It's not cost you or anyone but Ron a single penny. Who cares if it's all over the media? This is a good thing.

Get over yourself, it's called charity. You may want someone to help you one day.

Sorry for a moment I thought you were a troll?
Doubt we are the first professional club nor the last to do this... it's being done for all the right reasons, for no commercial gain to club or Ron - in fact quite the opposite if he is replacing the shirts free of charge, all to help highlight what is a very serious awareness of nut allergies and its tragic repercussions.

Why try and find a negative what the club doing?

You may want to do a bit more research and read the article. The poor young lady in question is in fact Ron's niece and goddaughter. Absolutely nothing to do with media attention.

**** me, you're a cynic. It's not cost you or anyone but Ron a single penny. Who cares if it's all over the media? This is a good thing.

Get over yourself, it's called charity. You may want someone to help you one day.

Sorry for a moment I thought you were a troll?
Doubt we are the first professional club nor the last to do this... it's being done for all the right reasons, for no commercial gain to club or Ron - in fact quite the opposite if he is replacing the shirts free of charge, all to help highlight what is a very serious awareness of nut allergies and its tragic repercussions.

Why try and find a negative what the club doing?

God, you lot are so sensitive.

Did I say that the charity itself was a "bad thing"? No, I just think that we shouldn't go changing our shirt identity like this.... I said that other ways must be possible to promote the charity than changing our shirt sponsor mid-season.

I assume you've all donated to the cause since you feel so strongly about it...?

You still haven't answered my question about why it has taken 2 years to do this rather than pull our shirt design 4 games into this season?

Did I say that the charity itself was a "bad thing"? No, I just think that we shouldn't go changing our shirt identity like this.... I said that other ways must be possible to promote the charity than changing our shirt sponsor mid-season.

I assume you've all donated to the cause since you feel so strongly about it...?

You still haven't answered my question about why it has taken 2 years to do this rather than pull our shirt design 4 games into our season?

well it's not mid-season and we don't have a "shirt identity"

maybe it's just a good thing to do.

but apart from that...

You still haven't answered my question about why it has taken 2 years to do this rather than pull our shirt design 4 games into this season?

We're the sensitive ones? You're the one with your knickers in a twist over it.

The club and the fans lose absolutely nothing out of this and a charity gains publicity. How can this ever be deemed a bad thing?

I give to many charities. HARP, MIND, Children in need, TRBL, Cancer research, the list goes on (when I can afford to give).

I pray you don't need help in the future, your attitude really does stink and you may not find that help if needed. People will look at you and say no thanks, I'm not helping him, he has no humanity to help others and has no empathy.

Barcelona and Unicef for one

why are you obsessed with the timing? no-one's affected by it at all!

Did Barcelona change their shirt mid-season?

Why aren't you thinking about the timing? I just wonder why we didn't do this 5 weeks ago? Or a year ago for that matter.

Did Barcelona change their shirt mid-season?

Why aren't you thinking about the timing? I just wonder why we didn't do this 5 weeks ago? Or a year ago for that matter.

It might have something to do with the Trust appearing to have only being set up in August. It was basically launched with that interview on Breakfast TV a few weeks ago.

I give to many charities. HARP, MIND, Children in need, TRBL, Cancer research, the list goes on (when I can afford to give).

I pray you don't need help in the future, your attitude really does stink and you may not find that help if needed. People will look at you and say no thanks, I'm not helping him, he has no humanity to help others and has no empathy.

Bore off, it's my opinion that a football team should not be changing their cosmetic "look" mid-way through the season. Put an armband on or some advertising hoardings, but don't change the shirt.

Again, it still could have easily been done 5 weeks ago.

I'll never need help from the likes of you. I'm made of steel for one and even if I needed help, I'd ask the wet lettuces in my fridge before you.

Is that why it took 2 years to do it?
Does it really natter? I assume you will be writing to Ron and saying " nice gesture, but your a bit of a **** for not doing it 2 years ago"

pathetic , he is doing it now ,and and BECAUSE of the recent media interest it's likely that this will raise just as much if not MORE media interest and therefore do more good than it would have 2 years ago. Is tgat a good enough reason for you, or maybe he didn't simply think of it earlier. Next we will be having people moaning that because of this he isn't spending more time and money ( his time, his money) on the stadium

Back