• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Evening with the Management Team

Really fascinated by this. Looked up UCFB the University Campus of Football Business. Very interesting. These guys are going to be so important in the future for making football especially at our level sustainable and not at the whim of some rich benefactor although I'm sure they will still be here.
I must admit I'm tempted by the event.
Hi,

We really do learn some fascinating things at the University. A lot of thought has gone into the event, giving us an opportunity to combine theory with practicality!

Hopefully we see you there!

Cheers,
Adam

Adam are you in the commercial department. I looked you up but you're not listed. Just being nosey.
Hi,

I'm not part of the commercial department, Rylee who is part of the group organising the event is within the current Southend United commercial department. However, I did spend time at Millwall as a Commercial Sales Executive (Intern) so hopefully combing our experiences we can deliver a successful event.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Adam

Combing the meal with a free drink, meet and greet, signed gift, programme and 90 minutes of entertainment, we feel this does meet the £80 value.

Matchday Hospitality options at RH are around that price too. The Captains Suite for example costs about £70pp and includes most of the things you’ve listed above (obviously the “entertainment” label is debatable, depending on how the game goes), so the price is on par with that.

For me it’s a little steep if I’m being honest, but I’d assume tickets will likely sell out. Good luck with everything, hope it goes well.

Very much doubt Stan, for instance, would be near the club much during close season
I'd very much he would be near the club if he's meant to be bringing in sponsorship deals and bringing in players with his connections etc. Close season is when all this stuff happens surely?

Hi,

With the pricing being £80 a head, compared to match day hospitality being priced at £72 for Captains Suite and £78 for 1906, your point is more than valid. However, the small increase in price will be profit, which will be donated to the JE3 Foundation.

Hope this makes sense and hopefully see you there.

Cheers,
Adam

I'd very much he would be near the club if he's meant to be bringing in sponsorship deals and bringing in players with his connections etc. Close season is when all this stuff happens surely?
Do you need to be physically at Roots Hall the week after the season ends to talk to sponsors then? Can’t imagine much transfer talk goes on the week or two after the season either, as people at most clubs will be on holiday. And again, you don’t need to be physically in Southend to talk to other clubs..

Hi,

We acknowledge your opinion and understand that not all will be able to part ways with £80 a head. However, the team have worked hard to ensure that we are providing an event which provides exceptional value for money. With over 25% of tickets sold on day one, people are seeing the same value as the team, so far.

Hope you understand.

Cheers,
Adam
Hi Adam. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I genuinely hope your evening is a success and whilst I think £80 a head for a meal at Roots Hall (the ticket take up for a similar night at the Cliffs was poor as I remember with it being pulled in the end) is vastly overpriced & unaffordable for many, people will either buy tickets or they won’t - simple as.

Good luck with it anyway. 👍

Hi All,

To anyone interested, I should reinforce that this is an event ran by UCFB students, which is not connected with the club in any way. All questions should be directed to this page and I will be more than happy to help and answer any queries.

Hopefully this provides clarity to all.

Hope to see as many of you Shrimpers 🦐 there as possible!

Cheers,
Adam

I think this would be a very good evening and money well spent, hopefully you would all get an honest update and true feelings from the 3 Amigos and SVC on our current and off season predicament, Their future with the club and the clubs future if any. Something you will never get from RM.

I am sure with so many people struggling to make ends meet at this moment in time, £80 per person is an absolute steal. 🤔
You most likely spend much more than that when you go to an away game, some im sure would spend more even when they attend a home game .

The midweek before the last match of the season, potentially a must win game…

Before a 3 match play off tournament too…

I think this event would’ve been better off post-season… Unless Maher, Currie, Bentley or Stan are off…
Hahaha

Back