• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Evening with the Management Team

Afternoon All,

Hope everyone is doing well! Just a reminder we have only just over five weeks until our "An Evening with the Management Team" event. With over 50% of tickets sold so far there isn't many left, so please purchase yours as soon as possible, to avoid disappointment!

Email me at 21339@ucfb.ac.uk to get your tickets today, and to avoid a transaction fee!

With respect Adam I think you have made a big mistake by pricing this event at £80.00 that is why you have only sold half the tickets?!
Some simple research would have steered you in the right direction, for example look what our next opponents are offering for their end of season player awards…..

“ADD TO CART
£30.00
SUNDAY 30TH APRIL 2023 | 6PM
THE J.DAVIDSON STADIUM

Join the management, players, staff and sponsors of Altrincham Football Club for our End of Season Awards Evening.

A two-course meal will follows a complimentary arrival drink. Our formal awards presentation will then get underway and a DJ will play until late into the evening. Plus, a special exclusive announcement on the night, exclusive for attendees.

Dress code is smart casual.”

I wish you all the luck in the world but in my opinion £80.00 per person was always priced too high.

With respect Adam I think you have made a big mistake by pricing this event at £80.00 that is why you have only sold half the tickets?!
Some simple research would have steered you in the right direction, for example look what our next opponents are offering for their end of season player awards…..

“ADD TO CART
£30.00
THE J.DAVIDSON STADIUM

Join the management, players, staff and sponsors of Altrincham Football Club for our End of Season Awards Evening.

A two-course meal will follows a complimentary arrival drink. Our formal awards presentation will then get underway and a DJ will play until late into the evening. Plus, a special exclusive announcement on the night, exclusive for attendees.

I wish you all the luck in the world but in my opinion £80.00 per person was always priced too high.
Hi,

I hope you are well.

I can assure you we did our fair share of research to ensure we priced it accordingly. In previous messages we outlined what was included for our price, "meal with one free drink, meet and greet, signed gift, programme and 90 minutes of entertainment". There are upfront costs we need to manage and recuperate to ensure we do not lose money on a charity event.

When comparing the events, there is a large amount more included within our event. As well as, one major difference. Our event is for charity and all profits will be donated, so there is no greed coming into the situation.

Hope this helps.

Adam

This is a slightly bizarre thread but gave me a chuckle! Why do so many of you take great offence when you can’t afford something Southend related?

I wanted to go to Jamaica on my holidays this year but Butlins will have to do. I’m not writing to the Jamaican tourist board complaining of the high prices!

This is a slightly bizarre thread but gave me a chuckle! Why do so many of you take great offence when you can’t afford something Southend related?

I wanted to go to Jamaica on my holidays this year but Butlins will have to do. I’m not writing to the Jamaican tourist board complaining of the high prices!
Because it's ShrimperZone, and within the SZ Rules. anything goes. Bizarre sometimes, depressive or outrageous at others. But never dull. And one last thing....Wibble!

Im often popping on the ferrari forums moaning about how i cant afford one. 👍

Wow…Butlins! We are stuck with Parkdean, youll be sure that Billy Butlin and Stephen Mulhern are going to get a letter from me though!

In all seriousness, I think £80 is a good price for what the event actually is and what it’s trying to achieve. Currently, I can not afford it at that price and being honest I wouldn’t even be able to afford it at half that price right now but that’s because of a young family and other issues that need addressing.

I wish for and I am sure that it will be, for the event to be successful.

“ADD TO CART
£30.00
THE J.DAVIDSON STADIUM

A great price for a great evening it’s gonna be a super night

Unless I’m mistaken this Jamaica is cheaper than Butlins

Glad it gave you a chuckle. Not sure why you assume someone expressing an opinion about value for money is only doing so as it is unaffordable for them?! On the other hand what’s so funny if some fellow supporters would have loved to go but are unable to pay £80.00?

There are many people, including those who have said so on here that £80.00 is excessive and there are others who consider it good value. I guess the true test will be whether the event is a sell out.

I have wished Adam all the luck in the world with this so not sure why anyone resents a contribution to a subject which may actually prove helpful in the planning of any future such events.

Glad it gave you a chuckle. Not sure why you assume someone expressing an opinion about value for money is only doing so as it is unaffordable for them?! On the other hand what’s so funny if some fellow supporters would have loved to go but are unable to pay £80.00?

There are many people, including those who have said so on here that £80.00 is excessive and there are others who consider it good value. I guess the true test will be whether the event is a sell out.

I have wished Adam all the luck in the world with this so not sure why anyone resents a contribution to a subject which may actually prove helpful in the planning of any future such events.
Chill my friend, I don’t know why you are getting uptight about it!

Just go and enjoy the Alty end of season awards bash and be happy.

Chill my friend, I don’t know why you are getting uptight about it!

Just go and enjoy the Alty end of season awards bash and be happy.

I’m very chilled thanks and couldn’t be happier. I won’t be able to attend the Alty bash (as you call it) as I live in the beautiful paradise of Thailand.

I was only trying to be helpful and constructive to Adam, event organisers usually welcome all and any feedback. But I guess you also resent those complaining about the price increase in season tickets and would also accuse them of only doing so because they are unable to afford to buy them?!

Maybe it’s you who should chill out, be less uptight and less judgmental and resentful of others and their opinions?

Keep well and keep warm.

It's the whole Gervais guitar lesson joke.

Back