• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And we think our "fans" can moan.....

...Forest 606 rant

I don't know how Old Blue Lady & the other recent recruits from the 606 forum ever coped before they defected to SZ?

Reasonable article and understandable why they're disappointed the wheels have come off thier automatic promotion campaign but some of the condescending "we're bigger & better than this dross" comments after the article wound me up, I stopped reading after the "how good would a Leeds v Forest playoff final be?"

:thumbdown:

I still pop over there and stir things up or calm them down as appropriate, and also drop them crumbs of information from the higher plain that is the ShrimperZone! A couple have come over, and I keep on trying to persuade the rest that this is much better.

Did you notice one of the Leeds guys says that the results of their appeal would be known on the 14th?

>>And not only has an automatic place long gone, but we're now looking over our shoulder at the Southends of this world...<<

Cheeky ****

Same old, big club who expect to be somewhere based on one good decade.

Sadly, a lot of the fans of so called "big" clubs confuse history with their actual league status.

surely a fan of a team with an average gate above 20000 (higher than 4 prem teams) can expect his team to do a bit better. yes a lot forest fans are still stuck in the late 70s but i would argue that the main reason they are still in this league is because of calderwood... they should be back in the CCC by now. i'm actually impressed by how many fans still turn out for them

Were you a 606-er then Gary?

Yes, he was though under a different name (as I only recently found out!). He recognised my name and was the first person to welcome me on here.

There's probably a few on there you wouldn't want on here, but on the whole they aren't a bad bunch - can you believe I've actually been giving some of them lessons in how to use their computers?!

One of them referred me to another site 607.proboards100.com which I've looked at but haven't been too impressed with.

surely a fan of a team with an average gate above 20000 (higher than 4 prem teams) can expect his team to do a bit better. yes a lot forest fans are still stuck in the late 70s but i would argue that the main reason they are still in this league is because of calderwood... they should be back in the CCC by now. i'm actually impressed by how many fans still turn out for them

Absolutely, and I wouldn't argue that point one iota. After all we had plenty on here who seemed to think we would be pushing for a place in the Premiersh!te last season. Sadly fans expectations in the main exceed achievement. I'm not sure if it's totally down to their current management team, but one thing they do lack is the contiuity that we have enjoyed this last 4 years or so. Despite many of the sages here calling for Tilly's head, but what do I know?

I have got fed up looking at 606. All that is on there these days is Leeds fans bemoaning the 15 points and saying how really they are 2nd, and Forest fans slagging off Calderwood.

Only good thing about it, is that you sometimes get objective views on Southend from other fans.

I don't post much on there though, but if anyone sees Stevethescampi thats me!

But league position has never be designed on the basis of attendance.

But league position has never be designed on the basis of attendance.

you've missed my point completely. I'm saying that fans of a big team (financially), with a massive fan base can expect to be doing better. much like if we were in the prem next season we could expect to be stuffed. A lot forest fans are still stuck in the 70s, but i know a few and they are fairly sensible, they agree they are where they are on merit, and it's definitely a case that the sum of the components (very good players and a lot of cash) isn't equal to the results they are getting... I'm in agreement with the many forest fans that the buck stops at Calderwood, who has had time and money and for whatever reason, it just isn't working. I think Calderwood is a good manager, but he has never had money to burn before and with the chips down, he hasn't been able to get the best out of some top players

the buck stops at Calderwood, who has had time and money and for whatever reason, it just isn't working. I think Calderwood is a good manager, but he has never had money to burn before and with the chips down, he hasn't been able to get the best out of some top players

Exactly what I think might happen if Tilly were to be poached away from Southend. Lets hope he stays to become Southend's very own Dario Gradi style legend!

Exactly what I think might happen if Tilly were to be poached away from Southend. Lets hope he stays to become Southend's very own Dario Gradi style legend!

agreed.. i was going to then go into Tilly moving to a big team and potential for a similar problem., but i couldn't be bothered!

I thought this was going to be a thread asking who said the following:

Barnard is absolute toilet. I wouldn't pick him ahead of any of the strikers you have at the moment.

Yep. He's gash. Harrold, for all his faults, puts in 100%. Barnard, for all his many, many faults (no pace, can't shoot, doesn't pass, can't head the ball, no strength) doesn't even bother with effort either. Absolutely hated him. Plus his record speaks for itself - about 30 pro appearances, one goal. And that was in the conference.

Ah, so you've signed Barnard, eh?
.................................................. .........
.................................................. ...........................
.................................................. .................................................. .
.........................................AAAAAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAA!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

With fans like that, who needs enemies, eh?

Watch this board go into meltdown then after they get their points back 2 weeks today! :stunned:

It shouldn't matter really. With the way that the two sides are playing right now it wouldn't surprise me at all if we end up 15 points clear of them anyway. It's a tough ask but shouldn't be out of the question.

As for 606, I post on there occasionally (as RickyOttosDreadlocks) as I find it interesting to read other fans opinions on things but you really have to work hard to filter out the crap.

It shouldn't matter really. With the way that the two sides are playing right now it wouldn't surprise me at all if we end up 15 points clear of them anyway. It's a tough ask but shouldn't be out of the question.

As for 606, I post on there occasionally (as RickyOttosDreadlocks) as I find it interesting to read other fans opinions on things but you really have to work hard to filter out the crap.

Well, you've kept that one quiet RODs haven't you?! :stunned:

>>And not only has an automatic place long gone, but we're now looking over our shoulder at the Southends of this world...<<

Cheeky ****

Same old, big club who expect to be somewhere based on one good decade.

i thought it was us looking over our shoulder at them. mugs. we played them off the park until we sat back on our lead. i hope its us, brighton or donny that go up

Back