• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And we think our "fans" can moan.....

How are we bigger than Barnsley? They've spent time in the Premiership, over 60 years in the second tier. They've won the Fa cup and been runners up. Their stadium is twice the size of ours and will be bigger than our new one. We're a division lower than them too! As for Fulham at the moment thay are a bigger club than us.

Very well put!

How are we bigger than Barnsley? They've spent time in the Premiership, over 60 years in the second tier. They've won the Fa cup and been runners up. Their stadium is twice the size of ours and will be bigger than our new one. We're a division lower than them too! As for Fulham at the moment thay are a bigger club than us.

Hooray for Barnsley. Why don't you go and roar them on? We're bigger than them because they are flat cap wearing mugs and their spell in the Premiership was a joke. We're bigger than everyone because we are Southend United. And bollocks to the rest.

our 100% record against man utd proves our credentials as the biggest club in europe. even barca cant match that

Hooray for Barnsley. Why don't you go and roar them on? We're bigger than them because they are flat cap wearing mugs and their spell in the Premiership was a joke. We're bigger than everyone because we are Southend United. And bollocks to the rest.

Not quite as convincing.

Ran out of cocaine around midday my friend.

(White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin’ through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High price) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see, the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along, but white lines blow away)

You see,this is what being a supporter is all about.
Blind faith.
This boy bleeds blue.
Probably been humoured for years now by his peers for SUFC being his team and hey,guess what,the lion awakes.
The last couple of seasons were no flash in the pan peoples,Southend are BACK.
Beating Man Utd in our back yard and taking Spurs to the end of E.T. almost in thier back yard,cup finals,promotions and still we push on and rebuild.

Commercially,financially better.New ground approved and waiting for the builders.Youth team,reserve team,first team,it's all getting better peoples.

Put all that to one side and you'll see through the fog of those hardship years, a hardened Southend fan emerging from within whose refusal to believe anywhere other than SUFC is a better place to be right now.

I must say BAG,that's exactly what i feel right now.Borrocks to the rest of the clubs up and down the leagues,we're coming for the throat of anyone that stands in our way (metaphorically).

"Wember-ley,Wember-ley,
We're the famous SUFC and we're going to Wember-ley"

Loving it:D

You see,this is what being a supporter is all about.
Blind faith.
This boy bleeds blue.
Probably been humoured for years now by his peers for SUFC being his team and hey,guess what,the lion awakes.
The last couple of seasons were no flash in the pan peoples,Southend are BACK.
Beating Man Utd in our back yard and taking Spurs to the end of E.T. almost in thier back yard,cup finals,promotions and still we push on and rebuild.

Commercially,financially better.New ground approved and waiting for the builders.Youth team,reserve team,first team,it's all getting better peoples.

Put all that to one side and you'll see through the fog of those hardship years, a hardened Southend fan emerging from within whose refusal to believe anywhere other than SUFC is a better place to be right now.

I must say BAG,that's exactly what i feel right now.Borrocks to the rest of the clubs up and down the leagues,we're coming for the throat of anyone that stands in our way (metaphorically).

I love this post. Not just because it is supportive of my earlier statement, but because it is an emotive expression of the glory of those Mighty Blues. The achievements, finances, history and support of other teams are just trivia questions as far as I'm concerned. I only care about SUFC. When people ask me, 'But who do you support in the Premiership?', my answer is always 'Southend, when we get there'. Bollocks to Barnsley, to Fulham, to Col Ewe, to the 'Ammers, to Borient, to every other bunch of jokers who don't play with a Shrimp and the Essex Seaxes over their heart. This boy does bleed Blue, and always will.

To think when Tilly took on caretaker manager we couldn't even afford to run the reserves.
Laughable when you look back.
For years you'd look down the squads on the back of the programme and just KNOW ours would have less names on it than the opposition.

To all those who never went to Cardiff last time for the play-offs,i bet you'll be there this time for the semi's should we get there.No need to ask whether you'll be queing up in RH car park for tickets to the unthinkable Wembley visit.

This is no time to be discussing Baaaarnshley et all.

Right now it's all about us!

I love this post. Not just because it is supportive of my earlier statement, but because it is an emotive expression of the glory of those Mighty Blues. The achievements, finances, history and support of other teams are just trivia questions as far as I'm concerned. I only care about SUFC. When people ask me, 'But who do you support in the Premiership?', my answer is always 'Southend, when we get there'. Bollocks to Barnsley, to Fulham, to Col Ewe, to the 'Ammers, to Borient, to every other bunch of jokers who don't play with a Shrimp and the Essex Seaxes over their heart. This boy does bleed Blue, and always will.
My kind of talk **** 'em all including England shrimpers till i die

Yes, he was though under a different name (as I only recently found out!). He recognised my name and was the first person to welcome me on here.

There's probably a few on there you wouldn't want on here, but on the whole they aren't a bad bunch - can you believe I've actually been giving some of them lessons in how to use their computers?!

One of them referred me to another site 607.proboards100.com which I've looked at but haven't been too impressed with.

How's that ? Only a few short weeks ago you were needing you son to show you how to cut and paste a weblink. Quick learner - impressed. well done...

(White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin’ through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High price) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see, the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along, but white lines blow away)

Don't Push Me, Cuz I'm Close to the Edge.

Apparently, according to 'sosman', my ranting earlier is 'inane'. I have been warned for insulting this fellow. My respect for and enjoyment of the Zone prohibits me from saying what I think about this. But if unconditional love for your team is 'inane', then count me in, and get back to chortling at WSC and Fever Pitch. Pringle?

Last edited:
I have seen the light! Thank you sosman, Josh, SUFCITP! Who cares about SUFC? That would just be inane! Now I am a smart football fan, with a Toffs shirt, a collection of amusing anecdotes about games I've attended since Fever Pitch came out, and not a raving lunatic whose passion for the Blues is bordering on psychotic.

Last edited:
I have seen the light! Thank you sosman, Josh, SUFCITP! Who cares about SUFC? That would just be inane! Now I am a smart football fan, with a Toffs shirt, a collection of amusing anecdotes about games I've attended since Fever Pitch came out, and not a raving lunatic whose passion for the Blues is bordering on psychotic.

Do you have an axe to grind from a separate discussion with me? I can't think of anything as I've been on pretty good behaviour recently!

On the question of whether or not we are bigger than Barnsley, the reply from Josh compared pretty much any reasonable measure of size of club and we fell short on every one. I commended him on it's thoroughness and then wrote a similar length quip in response to yours which I thought must be read as tongue in cheek even with the absence of a face of some description following it.

At some point, you seem to have assumed that we will go and support the biggest team around or at least any bigger team than the one we currently support. I can recognise that a club is bigger without wanting to support them in the same way that I can recognise other grounds have better catering but wouldn't want to go there every other week.

Given what I've read from you I'd never have the nerve to call you a poorer fan than me and I'm surprised that seems to be exactly what you've directed at us.

Incidentally, I was nine when Fever Pitch was first published and ten when Toff's shirts were first produced. You'll have to excuse me not having contributed enough before that.

SUFCITP, fella, good post, and fair comment. Just got a bit digital and over the top there, I have no axe to grind with you mate.

Back