• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Looked at the match thread on the Oxford forum last night - they were frothing at the mouth cause the only commentary they could get was the Southend one (the Oxford one was'nt working) and rather than say they had been beaten twice fair and square by the same team in the space of 4 days - all they accused us of was being 'mockneys' and 'cheats' (especially Hall) and all referees were against them!

Good haha. Usually everything goes against us so I'll take a bit of luck coming our way. Delighted with another win and beating them twice in a matter of days hahahaha.

Wright should have seen red and so should Heslop for the tackle. So they should actually have been down to 7, they got lucky.

Grant deserved the red for the push, but I feel that the club should be sending this to the FA to take retrospective action regarding the Oxford #6

What he did was clearly the catalyst for the melee, and if he had been seen, it would clearly have been a red card.

Has anyone contacted the club about this, or do you think they would be aware already?

Grant deserved the red for the push, but I feel that the club should be sending this to the FA to take retrospective action regarding the Oxford #6

What he did was clearly the catalyst for the melee, and if he had been seen, it would clearly have been a red card.

Has anyone contacted the club about this, or do you think they would be aware already?

You would have thought they'd be aware of it, if not, I want a bloody job!

Older than most of the newer refs (his 4th season), he is a Police Officer in his 40s. A steady official but looking a bit quick with his red card this season. He has shown an average number of yellow cards (33) but above average reds (4) from 12 games.

hmmm .. don't normally get it quite so spectacularly right !

Was it his fault or the players ? I thought it was a bit of both in the Gillingham match.

Was it his fault or the players ? I thought it was a bit of both in the Gillingham match.
If you read the thread about Granty's sending off, general consensus is that he didn't show enough reds.

Mick said:

Looking at the video, the 1st red card was a no-brainer.

As for the melee, could have shown 4 reds, but also could have shown none. It was all a bit handbags. Grant pushes their player in the neck area, in realitation to be shoved and stamped on, and Grant also gets pushed in the face. Neither were really of sufficient force to warrant a red card, but the actions themselves probaly did warrant red cards. Probably both "orange" cards.

Foul that led up to the incident, looked a bad one on the video, as it's the follow-through leg that really took Kane out. I would expect that to be a red card 8 out of 10 times.

But, what this does prove, is that Grant actually had a reason to do the awful deed what he did, he didn't just lose his head or anything for no reason!
Anyone could react in a situation like that can you imagine how painfull that stamp was and especially with the blade type studs players are now wearing ,that no6 knew exactly what he was doing in deliberate fashion and could have broken bones in Granty foot keeping him out for weeks,HE was probably so angry(and it was a kneejerk reaction i dont think he let the club down) another Pro would cowardly do such a thing.
Unfortunately he reacted in a way that gets himself sent off i feel really sorry for him as it detracted from the original foul which Granty was appealing for.
Bet his foot feels like Timlins head today !!

Anyone could react in a situation like that can you imagine how painfull that stamp was and especially with the blade type studs players are now wearing ,that no6 knew exactly what he was doing in deliberate fashion and could have broken bones in Granty foot keeping him out for weeks,HE was probably so angry(and it was a kneejerk reaction i dont think he let the club down) another Pro would cowardly do such a thing.
Unfortunately he reacted in a way that gets himself sent off i feel really sorry for him as it detracted from the original foul which Granty was appealing for.

I know it's an absolute disgrace. That little push is not a red card. Well it shouldn't be. It's just pathetic.

Nice to see Blair just stand there and not help his team mates out

There was no need to appeal for it, the ref had already blown it and was dealing with it.

Having seen the incident on SSN i'm still looking for the "headbutt" that Paul Clark was talking about .. yes Grant squared up to one of theirs and raised his hands so had to go but wasn't anywhere near as bad as i'd imagined

There was no need to appeal for it, the ref had already blown it and was dealing with it.

Surely it is just a human reaction to shout about something that is bad. How many footballers do you actually see sitting cross legged with their fingers on their lips after a bad tackle?

Back