• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Add on the fact that the club haven’t even officially announced it either.

Bit surprised at so many calling Wordsworth lazy, he always put a good shift in from what I saw. His problem is and always will be staying fit, he picks up too many injuries and if he wants a high-end wage then can we justify paying it if we're only likely to have him half a season? Probably not.

I think sometimes creative players get a reputation for being 'lazy' that is unwarranted. In the Premier League the amount of people that say the same about Ozil and say that Sanchez is a hard-worker, when in reality the distance covered by them would heavily suggest the opposite! http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ning-and-sprint-stats-hint-at-arsenal-problem

So Wordy has just played 158 games since 2012. Thats an average of 26 games per season which is just above half the number of games ideally required. By any standard that is rather poor. I dont think we can live on past glories from 2011. Yes he has been unlucky with injuries but it is not acceptable to be playing whilst injured at the level he referenced ( I.e. "unable to sprint " Neither should Brown have been playing him in those circumstances.We pay with an expectation of a reasonable fit squad
His previous season included some fine performances and great goals for a midfielder, no doubt, but is equally easy to forget the high number of goals given away in large measure thanks to Woodys contribution or lack of it. At one period watching him and from detailed reports we conceded nearly as many as he scored because of miss touches or bad passes or his failing to defend properly. I even commented that for every goal her scored he gave one away defensively
This year he has been undoubtedly poor for no doubt a number of reasons, but the track record over the past 6 years is not supportive of a renewed contract , neither did he perform as if he wanted it. more pay as you play these days. I also didnt like his propensity for significantly over exaggerated goal celebrations, I always felt it masked some form of insecurity or covered for the bloopers?

Add on the fact that the club haven’t even officially announced it either.

Interesting! maybe there is some bargaining going on. If Woody has had an offer and countered with demands above club's reasonable expectations it may be some wriggling is occurring and agent instigating other options.
But i thought the club had announced 3 players released etc?

Interesting! maybe there is some bargaining going on. If Woody has had an offer and countered with demands above club's reasonable expectations it may be some wriggling is occurring and agent instigating other options.
But I thought the club had announced 3 players released etc?

I think that was the Evening Echo.

I think that was the Evening Echo.

Correct, they jumped the gun as obviously SCP said he wouldn’t announce anything until midweek. With the players putting their thanks on insta and Twitter CP jumped on the story. But there has been nothing officially from the club as I assume there will be more casualties.

There is no bargaining, he has gone for good.

Strong links with Swindon but PB publicly said he wasn’t sure if they could afford him.

It's nothing to do with money though. It's all about where he will play in the team to get him to sign a contract ;-)

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
I though I'd end up in non league
Then I signed for Phil

Surprised he’s managed to stay in League One if I’m honest with being so injury prone. An astute signing for them if they can keep him fit. But if Big Ben can’t keep him off the sidelines then no one can!

It should give the game at roots Hall a bit more fizz if he plays. I'm glad he's been fixed up though.

Back