• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Any questions!

Best stadium you’ve played in? In terms of most impressive and best atmosphere?

Do you still have the poem “Ode to Collymore“ my dad wrote and gave you when we met you in the street in the city of London after a book signing back in around 2004?!

Aside from that I would also love to know if you feel you have the backing of the fan base or if you have any concerns on taking a role (should you be offered one)?

Oh my God, I remember that! Was surprised how many City boys are Shrimpers! What's with that?

@stan collymore

Oh and btw....was lucky enough to have a season ticket during the 92-93 season as a 12 year old. Literally had goosebumps the first time I saw you play and run at the opposing defence with such intent.

You have given me memories in football that will stay with me for a lifetime and, for that, you are hands down my favourite ever player.

I ran into the pitch after the Luton game and was part of the crowd singing ‘don’t go Stanley’ as you came out in the directors box.

Any chance of you reading your autobiography on Audible as I have one free choice left for my new subscription and will hold on for a bit...unless you’ll be too busy to do it!!

@stan collymore

What’s the biggest regret of your footballing career?

Having the worst spell (and in life) of my career at Villa.

I love my club as much as you love yours! But it just didn't happen, plus poor life choices plus mental health problems all made it a nightmare.

Oh my God, I remember that! Was surprised how many City boys are Shrimpers! What's with that?
We must have chewed your ear off for 10 minutes before someone you were with said you had to get to next signing. Was blown away you were prepared to give fans that much time and years later you are still doing it. Great to see!

I genuinely was! I actually had a virus which was quite bad. I was in bed in a hotel in Nottingham while the game was on. Very strange feeling watching the highlights.

Too be honest, kinda glad you didnt play. Would have been a lot of focus and you absolutely would have scored, which would have been heartbreaking. It was nice that your last involvement at Roots Hall was being carried off the pitch to the absolute adulation of the stadium.

Closest I got to anyone that day was giving Barry Fry a hearty pat of the back as he jogged past me on the pitch! Brilliant memories.

Second one for you then Stan.

I have read your autobiography, and know your feelings towards Ray Train and why.

But, do you have any regrets not being able to do for Walsall, a more geographically closer team for you, what you did for us?

Ray was a product of his time. A coach that "broke you to make you" and in me he saw a talent that needed breaking.

I was only an apprentice at Walsall ( with Dean Smith) so the club don't hold any affections for me to be honest.

Having the worst spell (and in life) of my career at Villa.

I love my club as much as you love yours! But it just didn't happen, plus poor life choices plus mental health problems all made it a nightmare.
I remember having a major downer on John Gregory whenever he dropped you from the team ☹️

Persuasive people with a lot of great contacts who are wilk

Ray was a product of his time. A coach that "broke you to make you" and in me he saw a talent that needed breaking.

I was only an apprentice at Walsall ( with Dean Smith) so the club don't hold any affections for me to be honest.

Thank you again Stan

Too be honest, kinda glad you didnt play. Would have been a lot of focus and you absolutely would have scored, which would have been heartbreaking. It was nice that your last involvement at Roots Hall was being carried off the pitch to the absolute adulation of the stadium.

Closest I got to anyone that day was giving Barry Fry a hearty pat of the back as he jogged past me on the pitch! Brilliant memories.

I spoke to Baz today! Just did his 60th season in the game!

@stan collymore - besides the off the field stuff you are keen to crack on with, would you look to do anything coaching wise (with all that time you have!!) - just thinking of what someone like Matt Rush could learn from you?

Millwall FA Cup at Roots Hall ( think it was Cup but the great Brian Moore was commentating so it could have been League!), run and finish.

First goal v Notts County because I was very nervous before the game, it was the first time I'd met the lads!

Oxford away, little step over, curl into corner, wonderful!
I'm surprised that the two you got at home v Bristol Rovers in a 3-0 thumping aren't in there... one was a cut in from the left and a right foot shot in top corner, one a cut in from right and a left foot shot in opposite top corner (as far as I remember).

But the memory does play tricks a bit. I may have embellished them by waxing lyrical to anyone who would listen at the time...

Hey Stan out of all the clubs you played for which was your best team and best moment for that club

Back