• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know it's been a slow news week on the zone, but venturing of to look on the Sunderland zone??

Think you may need to get out more :winking:

Can't see brown dropping to a number 2 again at this stage in his career. Unless he see it as the easiest way to get back to being a manager at the top, see it out for a couple of seasons then hope to jump in big sams seat.

Can't see brown dropping to a number 2 again at this stage in his career. Unless he see it as the easiest way to get back to being a manager at the top, see it out for a couple of seasons then hope to jump in big sams seat.[/QUOTE]

At Sunderland that could be a matter of days.

Can't see PB going to Sunderland as a number 2 personally. As someone has stated, he'll walk out on a 3 year contract, shares in the club and a potential windfall when the new stadium is built. He's built a good squad together and has had a lot of backing from the chairman.

I shouldn't imagine he'd be on much more money as a number 2 at Sunderland than what he's earning here. Not only that, Sam's lifespan at any club is never that long (Bolton excluded) so won't have much job security.

The bottom line is just that, if a contract with the Cats for a year pays more & furthers PB's (normal) aspirations then he may be tempted. If Sam was sure he could keep them up then 1 year would , surely, lead to longer ?

Its all about money in football/ego nowadays, which is a shame!

Regadless of contract/shares/etc,etc. He will earn more money in a month at Sunderland then he will earn in a year at Southend!!

Its all about money in football/ego nowadays, which is a shame!

Regadless of contract/shares/etc,etc. He will earn more money in a month at Sunderland then he will earn in a year at Southend!!

not as an assistant, the money for coaching apart from management isn't as exceptional as the rest of football, just yet

not as an assistant, the money for coaching apart from management isn't as exceptional as the rest of football, just yet

This.......

Having read some of the comments from the Sunderland fan's, even they're saying he'd be mad to leave..

Most unlikely that he would leave but if it all went wrong here I am sure Sam would take him on board at Sunderland. That puts Phil in a win-win situation in many ways.

I reckon if there's a solid offer (and not just rumours) there will be a Phil Brown size hole in the wall at Roots Hall

Anything is possible but I would be surprised if Brown went back to being a number 2. He is doing a good job here and may well get offers in the future to manage a bigger club at a higher level with potentially a chance to manage again in premiership

Back