• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There could be something in this ... He will be offered much more than he can earn at Southend and it must be a bit **** living in a hotel

And if he has been given shares in SUFC ltd how much are they really worth ? Mine are probably worth tuppence! Will he stay south if Sam comes calling ?

Brown will certainly leave. Either we'll do well and he'll be poached. Or we'll do badly and Ron will get rid. Speculate away.

Everyone leaves eventually, so I agree with you there. As for the rest of your post I think you're being overly pessimistic. I genuinely believe that if Fossetts finally takes off then we have PB for the long haul, and barring appalling results and relegation, I'm ok with that.

In all fairness what he says on the radio is pointless anyway, even if he is going to leave or is thinking it, he won't say it live on the radio. For what's it worth I don't think he will leave, doubt he would want to be a number two again, although Sunderland us his hometown club and I would assume his family are still living up north

People saying he will earn much more... Do you know how much a relegation threatened side is paying for a assistant manager? Don't get them confused with the main man or one of the players, because as I've said already on this thread, coaches ain't on the crazy money most at the top of the game are on. And theh wouldn't be offered it either, phil brown or not

People saying he will earn much more... Do you know how much a relegation threatened side is paying for a assistant manager? Don't get them confused with the main man or one of the players, because as I've said already on this thread, coaches ain't on the crazy money most at the top of the game are on. And theh wouldn't be offered it either, phil brown or not

Yes I do actually...... about £600,000 .... Which by the way is more than 5 times what a manager of SUFC earns.

Not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has already been said but though he would earn more at Sunderland, don't forget the work he is currently getting in London with Sky and Talksport, which he might not be allowed to have a free rein on at Sunderland.

Coupled with the fact that he is settled down here and enjoying the job and also, if he did get us promoted again, could command an even higher profile job later.

Ps, He doesn't live in a hotel anymore.

Must admit the waving at the end of the game seemed a bit more than usual...hope it wasn't good night folks!!

Yes I do actually...... about £600,000 .... Which by the way is more than 5 times what a manager of SUFC earns.

Phil gets a 2 year deal worth over a mill plus a tasty bonus if they stay up.

Phil would be mad to turn that down.

More important will we (or rm) get any compensation from Sunderland? I think he eventually signed a three year deal.

he can be number 1 at a club , or no 2 at a club that will be playing each other next year. why be a no 2:winking:

Not bothered if he gives or stays, in the end money will talk. Least if he goes we might start scoring more than 1 or 2 goals at home!:net:

I thought PB was applauding the more positive support from the fans..

In the East, in shouting distance from PB the shout outs, largely, echoed what PB was telling the players. Get it forward, faster, stop the side back passes, close down, & I saw Phil heard that and appeared more happier that we were in accord with what he wanted.

Back