• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surely Eastwood and Harris will go at the end of this season? Eastwood is so over rated. What has he done since his return? Harris, I'm afraid is over the hill, even though I'm sure he is a nice guy and brings a load of experience to the club.
Goodbye and thank you.
I think both Eastwood and Harris have contracts that dont expire until summer 2014 so with the high wages we all hear they are on it would be hard to move them on.Plus both are local lads so i cant see either of them wanting a move anyway.

Surely Eastwood and Harris will go at the end of this season? Eastwood is so over rated. What has he done since his return? Harris, I'm afraid is over the hill, even though I'm sure he is a nice guy and brings a load of experience to the club.
Goodbye and thank you.

Part of me wonders if he needs to be on the pitch to actually do something though ?

Clearly this wasnt meant to be a Mohsni thread,one person says what has Eastwood done since his return , i can answer that by saying if you not on the playing field what can you do, my thoughts were pertaining to the fact he is subbed on at the 90th minute , really what can you do then,i would have laughed too had it have been me.Give the man at least 30 minutes on the playing field ,then judge him.I was not belittling ASSOMBOLONGA because i believe he has done well for a young man this season ,but time for a rest in my opinion.Southend clearly lacking in a goalscorer since TOMLIN injury, so what harm is it in giving two very experineced strikers a chance to show their wares once again.

Goodbye and thank you.

Sat on the bench 90% of the time, it's a little hard to have an impact on the game sitting on your arse.

In my opinion we have to play both Eastwood and Harris up front at Wembley. They are the only front pairing who can keep the ball and spread play, and pass to a blue shirt. I fear if we play Corr and Brit up we will go very long, and wembley can be very draining if we dont keep ther ball.

That said, Sturrock will probably play Tomlin on crutches, and Assombalonga, Corr will come on for the last 15, Crewe will play keep ball, and we will be chasing shadows. Just hope we don't embarass ourselves.

We openly talk on this forum about signings that 'weren't Sturrocks'.
Doesn't that bother anyone? We're a fourth tier football team under a great deal of financial pressure and someone is bringing players in over the manager's head. We behave like Real Madrid.
Surely if you don't trust the manager to bring players in, you change the manager? Or you realise the manager has a pretty good track record and you butt out and stick to dealing property.

I can't be bothered to check but I'm pretty sure Harris was more or less ever-present last season when he was available, even though the general consensus on here - and I include myself - thought he was largely disappointing. So even if he wasn't a 'Sturrock signing' Luggy didn't exactly snub him. The same goes for Eastwood, who I think started every home game during his loan spell.

The difference is that this season Freddy has returned from a knee op and not really settled, and Harris has had his own injury problems. Someone mentioned that both have suffered through us not having a reserve team to pick up fitness and I think that's spot on.

Doesn't that bother anyone? We're a fourth tier football team under a great deal of financial pressure and someone is bringing players in over the manager's head. We behave like Real Madrid.
Surely if you don't trust the manager to bring players in, you change the manager? Or you realise the manager has a pretty good track record and you butt out and stick to dealing property.

at the AGM Martin admitted (i think) that he signed Eastwood (to be popular i think) and rejected offers for Bilel that Sturrock wanted to accept.

Its the job. Shaun Goater wasn't a Tilson signing either.

Why will they get a look in weve had Tomlin on form before he got injured and both Assombolonga and Corr score goals. I don't think either Eastwood or Harris is good enough to command a starting place in our side right now. If they want to be in the team fight for it!!!

We should be playing more behind closed door games to keep the likes of these guys and the likes of Spicer, Woodyard, Coughlan, Bentley, Bilel match fit so they are all ready to be called upon when needed

Clearly this wasnt meant to be a Mohsni thread,one person says what has Eastwood done since his return , i can answer that by saying if you not on the playing field what can you do, my thoughts were pertaining to the fact he is subbed on at the 90th minute , really what can you do then,i would have laughed too had it have been me.Give the man at least 30 minutes on the playing field ,then judge him.I was not belittling ASSOMBOLONGA because i believe he has done well for a young man this season ,but time for a rest in my opinion.Southend clearly lacking in a goalscorer since TOMLIN injury, so what harm is it in giving two very experineced strikers a chance to show their wares once again.
I totally agree. How about Moshni in the middle with, Harris and Eastwood slightly deeper on either side of him and Corr comming on later in game is a good strike force in my mind.

Why will they get a look in weve had Tomlin on form before he got injured and both Assombolonga and Corr score goals.

Corr has 2 goals in 10. Britt has 1 in 15. I think thats the point. Maybe Eastwood isn't fit enough to last more than 60 seconds in any one match but the justification for not playing him that the other strikers are playing him out of the side doesn't stack up right now like it did earlier in the season.

Corr has 2 goals in 10. Britt has 1 in 15. I think thats the point. Maybe Eastwood isn't fit enough to last more than 60 seconds in any one match but the justification for not playing him that the other strikers are playing him out of the side doesn't stack up right now like it did earlier in the season.

Eastwood got a decent run in the Northampton game - I'm not saying he should have got a hat trick but IMO he just didn't look interested - I've said this a few times but if we signed a striker who had scored under 25 goals in the last five to six seasons and his name wasn't Freddy Eastwood then I don't think there would be as much concern. He should be in his prime right now not looking like he is merely going through the motions - might be why the manager doesn't pick him - also the coventry manager before our one oh and the wolverhampton manager before him.

Eastwood, Harris blah blah blardy blah......

The real issue here is the misplaced comma in the thread title. It's a disgrace, and I can't believe that Smith missed it.

Back