• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
I was just thinking that I cannot think of anyone who I know who supports us that is no going to Wembley. Dont get me wrong if you live overseas etc fully understand. I was just wondering if anyone is going to miss it as they have for example a wedding.

I was within a day of having to have a tricky conversation as a really good friends daughter is getting married the day before.

Yes REMOVED, he claims to be a fan but he is going to watch it on TV because he has work early the next morning, I urge you all to add REMOVED on facebook and bully him into coming, REMOVED has the Southend United badge tattooed on his arm but won’t come to a 1.15 kick off at Wembley because he has work the next morning. His name again REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking that I cannot think of anyone who I know who supports us that is no going to Wembley. Dont get me wrong if you live overseas etc fully understand. I was just wondering if anyone is going to miss it as they have for example a wedding.

I was within a day of having to have a tricky conversation as a really good friends daughter is getting married the day before.

A close shave for me too as one of my best mates is getting married on the Saturday and there are no children invited to the wedding. This means a mad rush on Sunday morning from near Ascot to Canvey to pick up the kids from my Mum, drop them off at my wife's parents in Herts, get home, cab to the station, then train to Wembley.

If there are any problems on the M25 that morning I'm ****ed.

ME! (and my son and my mate Romford Blue)

We're on holiday in Florida - DOH!

I can't go as I'm away. Booked a trip that weekend as Blues were away, not think about the JPT. Still hoping I can get to go to Wembley to see us in Play off final this year, though recent results suggest that I'm going to have to be lucky to have that come true.

I'm missing a 70th Birthday party in Gloucestershire in order to go! Was a bit awkward giving this as an excuse for not attending but had I bullshitted em with something else it would not have been believed! Especially as there is likely to be Wembley day photos turn up on Facebook!

I can't go as I'm away. Booked a trip that weekend as Blues were away, not think about the JPT. Still hoping I can get to go to Wembley to see us in Play off final this year, though recent results suggest that I'm going to have to be lucky to have that come true.

Theres a twobob excuse if ever I heard one.

Had already booked a holiday in Malaga between the 4th and 15th of April, but managed to wangle a return flight on the 6th. Taking the luggage to Wembley and then flying straight back to Malaga via Luton on the evening of the 7th. :smile:

YES. i am one of those, a loyal surporter, since 1990. A long story.

GUTTED, SICK AS PIG, TEARFULL, But also a farther of a son, who loves his rugby, there are somethings you must do in life for your kids.

I'm missing a 70th Birthday party in Gloucestershire in order to go! Was a bit awkward giving this as an excuse for not attending but had I bullshitted em with something else it would not have been believed! Especially as there is likely to be Wembley day photos turn up on Facebook!

I promise I won't tag you :whistling:

YES. i am one of those, a loyal surporter, since 1990. A long story.

GUTTED, SICK AS PIG, TEARFULL, But also a farther of a son, who loves his rugby, there are somethings you must do in life for your kids.

Take them to Wembley finals ?:smile:

Is it your party? Agree that is a bit awkward.

My youngest son, who bleeds blue blood, will be attending my eldest sons wedding in New York. He had already booked his flight, accommodation etc before realising the date of the final. At least he attended both Orient games, and had a couple of good nights at those.
And me, their father...... i will be at Wembley!. Yes there is a story, but its personal and my eldest son understands.

Had already booked a holiday in Malaga between the 4th and 15th of April, but managed to wangle a return flight on the 6th. Taking the luggage to Wembley and then flying straight back to Malaga via Luton on the evening of the 7th. :smile:

Wow thats dedication. Well done the man! True supporter. :thumbsup:

Back