• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

atmosphere last night

Yes, I was going to mention the stirling effort by the small, bespectacled fan just in front of the kiosk to get everyone chanting but I wasn't sure who it was.

Good luck in the future BlueBlood, you've got a tough job on there.

Have you thought about taking a drum in there to help with the atmosphere ? Or is that not allowed in the family enclosure ?

Yes, I was going to mention the stirling effort by the small, bespectacled fan just in front of the kiosk to get everyone chanting but I wasn't sure who it was.

Good luck in the future BlueBlood, you've got a tough job on there.

Have you thought about taking a drum in there to help with the atmosphere ? Or is that not allowed in the family enclosure ?

Why thank you :).. it certainly is a thankless task on the whole but i'll continue to try to get something going

as for the drum ?? I'm not sure how that would go down as there are quite a lot of little kids in there

Due to different circumstances I had the 'pleasure' to sit in the family stand for the first time and I was very disappointed with the atmosphere. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. Only heard TBV a couple of times during the game. I always sit in block V so I know how loud it can be and judging by comments on here Friday nights atmosphere was obviously v. good. All I can put it down to is poor acoustics and the sound not travelling along the West stand.
Not sure what the answer is though.

Dont know what more I can do apart from the club letting me go on the pitch before the game and half time like the guy at Besiktas does - seriously if the club let me I would

Keep watching ans see how the guy in the middle of the pitch works the crowd - superb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fotmpIa0-EQ

Last edited:
Why thank you :).. it certainly is a thankless task on the whole but i'll continue to try to get something going

as for the drum ?? I'm not sure how that would go down as there are quite a lot of little kids in there

How about taking in a little drum then ??
Might be worth giving it a go for one game.

I know it might be selfish but I should be returning to block V for the next few games at least.
I might even consider paying the extra when I have a child with me just to get the best atmosphere.......although for 2 adults and a child that works out at an extra £14.........enough to keep me in beers for the Friday evening at least.....hhhhmmmmm......tough choice.....

How about taking in a little drum then ??
Might be worth giving it a go for one game.

I know it might be selfish but I should be returning to block V for the next few games at least.
I might even consider paying the extra when I have a child with me just to get the best atmosphere.......although for 2 adults and a child that works out at an extra £14.........enough to keep me in beers for the Friday evening at least.....hhhhmmmmm......tough choice.....

You must never underestimate the beer tokens fella :)

Blueblood- sometimes I sit a few rows in front of you soemtimes in block V. Although I commend your efforts there are a couple of things you could try which may help- probably not but you don't know.

I take my son with me and I sit with other dads and their sons. I go for a positive atmosphere. I'm not as bold as you and sing my heart out all match in block V but no where near as much in the family stand. But I never sing ' we all hate Orient' etc . Like I said its the family stand and I teach my son to be positive in all apsects, I know through conversations that some others in the stand feel the same way. Maybe it is just us ?

Sometimes when you have a polite dig at people for not singing it can sound very condescending and makes people actually less likely to sing

I'm not in any way telling you want you can and can not sing, as I said I applaud your efforts but I am trying to explain as one of the 'masses' why not everyone joins in.

dave

This set should suit Lee ok although one of the cymbals maybe a bit high for him to reach.

dr16.jpg

Blueblood- sometimes I sit a few rows in front of you soemtimes in block V. Although I commend your efforts there are a couple of things you could try which may help- probably not but you don't know.

I take my son with me and I sit with other dads and their sons. I go for a positive atmosphere. I'm not as bold as you and sing my heart out all match in block V but no where near as much in the family stand. But I never sing ' we all hate Orient' etc . Like I said its the family stand and I teach my son to be positive in all apsects, I know through conversations that some others in the stand feel the same way. Maybe it is just us ?

Sometimes when you have a polite dig at people for not singing it can sound very condescending and makes people actually less likely to sing

I'm not in any way telling you want you can and can not sing, as I said I applaud your efforts but I am trying to explain as one of the 'masses' why not everyone joins in.

dave

Thats fair comment mate, i know i can come across as a bit brash at times but thats just my nature i'm afraid and i can't see it changing anytime soon

And i can't see the "We all hate Col Ewe" and "We haaaaaaaaate Orient" chants stopping either

I didn't hear any negative chanting last Friday from Blueblood. Even when he tried a continous 'Blue Army' in the second half there wasn't too many others joining in. And lets face it that's not the most difficult of chants to join in with !!!

I didn't hear any negative chanting last Friday from Blueblood. Even when he tried a continous 'Blue Army' in the second half there wasn't too many others joining in. And lets face it that's not the most difficult of chants to join in with !!!

Exactly ... any chance of trying "When Southend United come out to play" would be utterly futile :'(

Back