• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere Last Night

I sit in Block "U" in the West stand and I alway sing!! I love getting behind the team.
That is what its all about.
"Southend til I die"

Trying to add sdome balance
People put their own enjoyment first--- thats the truth of it. I'm not knocking anyone just stating a simple fact.

If everyone sang it would spur the side on, we all know that, but not everyone wants to sing
I fluctuate between V/W and the family stand depending on circumstances (family last night but I prefer V/W) . I am sure that if the 'singers' split up up into two groups , one in W , one is S/T then a lot more people around them would join in.
Maybe I am worng, but unless it was tried we would not know

Will the singers split up to try and improve the atmosphere- no becasue they like it where they are , and organising it would be a pain which is fair enough , in the same way that others don't like to sing
Lots of people were clapping through the west, and it seemed to be on the verge of getting going - but not quite. A lot of it is people don't know the words(IMO)

Sometimes the clapping can be enough. I looked around the ground on Saturday, and you could see both the SU and the East joining in with the clapping even if you couldn't hear the singing. Last night it wasn't quite as good in those areas from what I could see, but the TBV boys did a great job.

Just to add, the reason that the Walsall fans had a poor turn out last night, maybe due to the massive signal outage around MK that royally fugged up the choo choo's from Brum (but I didn't do it, honestly guv).

You wait till we get 500+ in the North Bank!....

That will liven the place up.

I really hope you get that many in there and make some noise, will be interesting to see.

The noise from the West come over brilliantly into the North Bank last night, the 84 Walsall supporters (I counted them) had no response

107 away fans was the official number apparently.

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke...... long story short i got offered some free tickets last night and subsquesntly ended up sitiing in the East Stand for the 1st time in about 2 years. What a crap atmosphere. Bunch of whinging old goats. The only noise that came fom there was an occasional bit of clapping, or more often than not the majority groaning at life in general.

Anyway, Could hear the rest of you from Block W (and half of Block V) and thought it was pretty decent. Another drumming masterclass from the Director General himself. Twice in 4 days? Your hands must be ruined today.

It was quite enlightening to sit in The East actually, as it gave me a chance to see the support from another perspective. The South tried, but just haven't got the numbers to support them. The East, well, the less said, the better. And as i thought, it was Block W and half of V that were the main people. So well done boys. Wish i could have been in there with you.

Being a season ticket holder in the east blacks for some years now, i think seeing that you sat there for one match you make some very sweeping statements, i for 1 and the majority of people around dont "get on the players backs" or shout abuse at them, we go to enjoy the match and do actually make quite a bit of noise, not that it should be a prerequisite to be a "proper supporter" like yourself.

Just because the guys in the west bang a drum and sing all the match it dose not make them more of a supporter than myself or my son or the rest of the supporters in the "non singing" parts of the ground.

Iam not sure if is was you but we had 2 guys sit behind us last night and moan about the view, the players and the ticket prices. They lasted 30 minutes then buggered off to watch the match in the bar. Mind you they did manage to swear & shout for the full 30 minutes so i suppose they also must be "proper supporters"

Like you iam passionate about southend utd but choose to support in my own way and would suggest you go back over to the west stand and enjoy it in your own way.

Up the Blues...

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke...... long story short i got offered some free tickets last night and subsquesntly ended up sitiing in the East Stand for the 1st time in about 2 years. What a crap atmosphere. Bunch of whinging old goats. The only noise that came fom there was an occasional bit of clapping, or more often than not the majority groaning at life in general.

Anyway, Could hear the rest of you from Block W (and half of Block V) and thought it was pretty decent. Another drumming masterclass from the Director General himself. Twice in 4 days? Your hands must be ruined today.

It was quite enlightening to sit in The East actually, as it gave me a chance to see the support from another perspective. The South tried, but just haven't got the numbers to support them. The East, well, the less said, the better. And as i thought, it was Block W and half of V that were the main people. So well done boys. Wish i could have been in there with you.

My only ever experiences of the East have been very quiet ones too.

Last edited:
Being a season ticket holder in the east blacks for some years now, i think seeing that you sat there for one match you make some very sweeping statements, i for 1 and the majority of people around dont "get on the players backs" or shout abuse at them, we go to enjoy the match and do actually make quite a bit of noise, not that it should be a prerequisite to be a "proper supporter" like yourself.

Just because the guys in the west bang a drum and sing all the match it dose not make them more of a supporter than myself or my son or the rest of the supporters in the "non singing" parts of the ground.

Iam not sure if is was you but we had 2 guys sit behind us last night and moan about the view, the players and the ticket prices. They lasted 30 minutes then buggered off to watch the match in the bar. Mind you they did manage to swear & shout for the full 30 minutes so i suppose they also must be "proper supporters"

Like you iam passionate about southend utd but choose to support in my own way and would suggest you go back over to the west stand and enjoy it in your own way.

Up the Blues...

Firstly, No. I was with my bird last night, so therefore couldn't have been one of the two guys behind you.

Secondly, please re-read my OP. If you or whoever wish to sit their, then fair enough. My vocal support doesn't make me a better supporter and you'll be hard-pushed to find anywhere i've ever said that i am. Both here and in the past.

Thirdly, My point was about the whinging in the stand and i don't find it a sweeping statement at all. You may not do it. But there were plenty who were. You may not have been within earshot to hear it, however i was. The fact i find bemusing is how much grief TBV and Block W have taken from people for abusing players, but i saw more crap directed at players yesterday, than what i've seen in Block W all season. This is my opinion, whether you choose to believe/accept it, is purely upto you, but that's how i saw it. I have no reason to lie.

Lastly, It is like a morgue in that stand. Fact. There were more people criticising players and whinging than any form of encouragement/singing etc. It's slightly crackers. Why not spur your players on, instead of groaning and moaning at them. Why turn up to the game, to sit their and moan? Why not turn that energy into something productive? You may not do any of this, but there are many who do. I sat in The East Green/Black for about 10 years, and it's always been the same.

Firstly, No. I was with my bird last night, so therefore couldn't have been one of the two guys behind you.

Secondly, please re-read my OP. If you or whoever wish to sit their, then fair enough. My vocal support doesn't make me a better supporter and you'll be hard-pushed to find anywhere i've ever said that i am. Both here and in the past.

Thirdly, My point was about the whinging in the stand and i don't find it a sweeping statement at all. You may not do it. But there were plenty who were. You may not have been within earshot to hear it, however i was. The fact i find bemusing is how much grief TBV and Block W have taken from people for abusing players, but i saw more crap directed at players yesterday, than what i've seen in Block W all season. This is my opinion, whether you choose to believe/accept it, is purely upto you, but that's how i saw it. I have no reason to lie.

Lastly, It is like a morgue in that stand. Fact. There were more people criticising players and whinging than any form of encouragement/singing etc. It's slightly crackers. Why not spur your players on, instead of groaning and moaning at them. Why turn up to the game, to sit their and moan? Why not turn that energy into something productive? You may not do any of this, but there are many who do. I sat in The East Green/Black for about 10 years, and it's always been the same.

When do you ever keep anywhere near all football fans happy!?
That is the beauty of football that everyone has their own views!! That is why Football Manager is a legendary game because everyone does things differently!

When do you ever keep anywhere near all football fans happy!?
That is the beauty of football that everyone has their own views!! That is why Football Manager is a legendary game because everyone does things differently!

Yeah i can buy that, but surely you gotta admit spurring players on is better than moaning at them!

Besides what do you know, bloody cricketer!! ;)

I was not trying to just point the finger at you as by reading your many posts over the months i can see you are a passionate supporter just like myself. Your post i just one of many that constantley shout about the virtues of the supporters in the west stand and those that sing loud in their support, i was just trying to put over another supporters view and another way of supporting the team, i can assure you that no body berates the many rubbush refs, lino's etc that we have to put up with while supporting the lads.

We do have quite a lot of the "Veteran" supporters and kids in the east so maybe thats more the reason for the quiet support

You didn't even pay for the tickets. Talk about East stand fans moaning, not like you eh?

Get back to the West - we don't need youngsters like you disturbing our night out.

Back