• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Each to their own. Having sat in the West for years now I much prefer the East.
It may be each to their own in terms of where people prefer to sit but that's got nothing to do with atmosphere. It's a fact that there's a better atmosphere in the West because of TBV, there's no question about it.

The problem is - acoustics.
For whatever reason (I have no idea why) noise from The North Bank transmits across the pitch and can be heard by the majority in the ground. The West? It just revolves back inside the stand. Other areas of the ground can see TBV singing and chanting - but hear very, very little. So it is the away fans most people can hear.
When I was younger we had The North Bank as "our end" and Roots Hall had an atmosphere associated with home support. So the club gives the atmospheric stand to opposing supporters and our team has to contend with an almost complete lack of vocal support.

Kev,wanted to write the same,but you beat me to it..North bank..standing..or if must be safe standing..our end,our fans

It may be each to their own in terms of where people prefer to sit but that's got nothing to do with atmosphere. It's a fact that there's a better atmosphere in the West because of TBV, there's no question about it.

From East today TBV were non existent!

I have to say I barely noticed TBV in the first half, other than a few chants to specific players.

I sat in South Lower today, and, to be fair, TBV kept it going, South, lots of applauding, East the occassion rumble of foot stomping (wasn't that cold either)..Chesterfield, didn't hear anything really

The thing is lot people got problem with brown and want him to fail! So there not prepared to get behind the team.
My main problem with Brown is he's a **** manager but it never stops me getting behind the team to be fair.

i'm in the west and i thought it was very quiet today. I'm nearer the family bit than TBV but i didn't hear much from anyone. it doesn't help when it looks like the away club forgot to tell their fans there's a game on.
against Millwall, with a full away end, the atmosphere was quality

The East are non existent every game. Every single game without fail TBV make more nosie than the East even if it was quieter than normal today.

The guy with the wind problem behind me in row C East Greens today would challenge that assumption.

Really don't get the slagging off of the east stand. I've sat in there for years and it is very vocal especially in the yellows where we sit. Bottom line is that each stand has trouble hearing the others. Today we could barely hear tbv, seemed flat, but then it looked half empty as well. But I'm not going to slate the west or south stand, we all support the lads in different ways, some more vocal than others, more often at some games than others, it's just the way it is. Doesn't make one fan any better or worse than another though

The thing is lot people got problem with brown and want him to fail! So there not prepared to get behind the team.

Can't say I have witnessed this myself!? West stand still has the same buzz; regardless of the manager or opinion of him we should still show our support for the players.

I would love PB to succeed, as it means the club succeeds - actually thought he got most things right today.

I sat in the Easts yesterday and couldn't hear the West Stand at all. The East is usually quieter but gave it large in applause at substitutions and other good phases of the game. The away following were sleeping for most of the match. As for the South, never ever hear them. Each to their own. I used the West for years before converting to the East and the view is so much better in the East and the facilities are much much better. All the non football on pitch entertainment is directed at the East stand. They never face the West. It is as if they don't care about them! But with the design of the ground, acoustics are never going to be great when the ground is not full.

Really don't get the slagging off of the east stand. I've sat in there for years and it is very vocal especially in the yellows where we sit. Bottom line is that each stand has trouble hearing the others. Today we could barely hear tbv, seemed flat, but then it looked half empty as well. But I'm not going to slate the west or south stand, we all support the lads in different ways, some more vocal than others, more often at some games than others, it's just the way it is. Doesn't make one fan any better or worse than another though

As mentioned earlier, acoustics aren't the best at "the Hall", so where-ever you may sit, it can be difficult to get a stadium perspective.

He said with ear-trumpet correctly placed
East Yellows rule :happy:

Saw the title of the thread and thought for a moment it was about Russ Abbot :dim:

[video=youtube_share;RFPLk5mJ1D4]https://youtu.be/RFPLk5mJ1D4[/video]

To us in the West it seems as though most of the play is also in front of the East!

Back