• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance at games to be considered

I see “Essex, Thurrock and Southend on Sea” are lumped together now, least we’re all clear! Not unexpected is it, I did fear we’d be put into tier 3.

How much will it cost Ron to get the ground Covid compliant for fans? Can't imagine he has sorted it out already.

Fortunately Roots Hall is quite large so 2000 spectators should be straightforward to ensure Covid-19 security provided everyone is sensible in areas such as queues at the turnstiles, toilets and exits. Much more difficult for smaller grounds such as Crawley or FGR. Just need lots and lots of hand sanitiser- or insist that everyone brings their own to be shown at the entrance.

Last edited:
Don't forget a lot of work went into this pre-October before the rug was pulled out from under us all.

I imagine there's still plenty of work to do but some has probably been done already.

If ST’s are 1600 and can only sell 400 tickets then i think there may be a case for not as the club could lose more money per home game than they are now as they would have policing costs, stewarding costs and more to pay out.

But hopefully they do as i am happy to use my ST in the ground
Policing and stewarding costs should be fairly low with no away fans.

Lloyds still haven’t released any of the ST money as far as I’m aware. We should receive the first chunk of this with fans attending for the first time. With the first block of ST money from Lloyds and ST holders buying food, drink, programmes, and spending money in the club shop hopefully a small profit can be made by allowing fans in. Especially as the club have mentioned they are looking at the possibility of hospitality packages.

Policing and stewarding costs should be fairly low with no away fans.

Lloyds still haven’t released any of the ST money as far as I’m aware. We should receive the first chunk of this with fans attending for the first time. With the first block of ST money from Lloyds and ST holders buying food, drink, programmes, and spending money in the club shop hopefully a small profit can be made by allowing fans in. Especially as the club have mentioned they are looking at the possibility of hospitality packages.
Hopefully they are but I know police costs are pricey, stewards would still be needed for At least 3 stands where people are spaced out, where will the subs sit now as well as they were using seats in the east stand

Am hoping it doesn't hurt us financially too much if it does I’d be happy to wait longer till I return

Hopefully they are but I know police costs are pricey, stewards would still be needed for At least 3 stands where people are spaced out, where will the subs sit now as well as they were using seats in the east stand

Am hoping it doesn't hurt us financially too much if it does I’d be happy to wait longer till I return

I can't see how it's going to benefit SUFC financially at all. If the only people that will be able to attend are season ticket holders then there'll be no ticket revenue. I can't see how a couple of thousand people will buy enough burgers etc to make up for the cost of match day staff.

I suppose if (as someone mentioned) our attendance leads to Lloyds releasing some of the season ticket revenue then at least that will be a blessing.

I wonder how much interest Lloyds have made by withholding all this season ticket revenue from clubs across the country. They must have done OK.

I hope its a half season card, as i would buy one as long as it guarenrtreed you admission.
That would give the club a bit of money.

Glad i did not renew my season ticket after 30 years in summer as i have no interest in games on a screen, i follower. Now watching a game at Roots Hall is a different matter.
One point i am owed money, from last year's season ticket, and a Rotherham away ticket, so the club would not get a massive amount of money.

Here is hoping the club can get the ground ready for us to return.
They have to be COVID compliant and also they need their Fire and Safety Certificate prior to us going back in
Should be interesting for the players to be back playing in front of a crowd (albeit a reduced one) especially if we continue the way we are with results

Back