• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Barnet boss Darren Currie

I would definitely take Darren Currie for the job right now.

Yep, and Mark Gower.

We should do more to snaffle managers and talent from the few local-ish clubs who are lower down in the pecking order than us. Dag and Red, Barnet, Orient, Braintree, Col U etc. Why we try and sign players from overseas, Scotland or the north baffles me.

And Nicky Bailey.

The more I see of and hear about DC the more I like.

Young, hungry for a chance at league management and well thought of.

We need someone to not just manage but bring the club back to the fans. It's been a long slog for us, with a succession of poor management choices.

I think this appointment feels right.

"Literally just saw this too, must of been Currie's agent posting these rumours.

I honestly can't see what Currie has done to link him with any club in League 2, let alone League 1 or the Championship, I realise he doesn't have a great squad but Currie is hardly a tactical mastermind or a trend setter for young managers.

If the season ended normally we wouldn't be in the top 7, the 3 games in hand and position in the league where a massive disadvantage in my opinion."

this was on the Barnet forum ..

Part of me think an ideal appointment would be Currie with Fagan as assistant, though I don’t know how much him and Lewis are a duo and there’s always a risk with bringing a new team together, as to whether they’d gel and have a similar vision. It can work (Sturrock & Coughlan) but if him and Lewis are really a two part team like the Cowley brothers then we should take both, if we can convince them that our new shiny stadium is their ticket to the Premier League.

Currie's on Linkedin.

He posted a message a month ago about Barnet getting into the playoffs.

One commentator rang a bell..

Chris Powell
Football manager,coach,media,mentor,
Great start to your career Darren and best of luck in the playoffs.
Keep looking to inspire yourself and those around you.

Darren Currie Author
Manager at Barnet football club
Appreciate the message Chris thank you

From the Barnet Fans Forum:

Re: Southend wants Currie

by hoppy » 02 Jul 2020, 10:57

Southend must realise that the likelihood of a manager who is currently employed with another EFL club joining them is remote.
They will have to take what they can get, and they will be looking at unemployed managers, current Southend employees and, yes, non-league managers wishing to step up a division or two.
Whoever accepts the job will taking one heck of a gamble. I don't think many people would be surprised to see Southend going bust or relegated at the end of next season.
Good luck to the next Southend manager....lets hope it's not DC.

All sensible comments in my opinion, but let's hope it is DC.

From the Barnet Fans Forum:

Re: Southend wants Currie

by hoppy » 02 Jul 2020, 10:57

Southend must realise that the likelihood of a manager who is currently employed with another EFL club joining them is remote.
They will have to take what they can get, and they will be looking at unemployed managers, current Southend employees and, yes, non-league managers wishing to step up a division or two.
Whoever accepts the job will taking one heck of a gamble. I don't think many people would be surprised to see Southend going bust or relegated at the end of next season.
Good luck to the next Southend manager....lets hope it's not DC.

All sensible comments in my opinion, but let's hope it is DC.
Clearly Barnet fans don't know about the new stadium.

I know that when Bristol Rovers were non league they had a bit of banter with those same Barnet fans, I think they just like to wind people up on that forum to be honest. Currie would obviously consider any league club, basket case or not ?

"Literally just saw this too, must of been Currie's agent posting these rumours.

I honestly can't see what Currie has done to link him with any club in League 2, let alone League 1 or the Championship, I realise he doesn't have a great squad but Currie is hardly a tactical mastermind or a trend setter for young managers.

If the season ended normally we wouldn't be in the top 7, the 3 games in hand and position in the league where a massive disadvantage in my opinion."

this was on the Barnet forum ..

I was wondering when somebody would bring up Currie's agent. He seems to share an agency with a certain other candidate (and certain existing Shrimpers including "midfielder" Harry Lennon:Facepalm:)

https://www.10tentalent.com/clients

It's not hard to imagine a scenario when Ron approached 10ten talents and was told their client wasn't interested but they had another up and coming young manager who lived locally who Ron really should consider.

I was wondering when somebody would bring up Currie's agent. He seems to share an agency with a certain other candidate (and certain existing Shrimpers including "midfielder" Harry Lennon:Facepalm:)

https://www.10tentalent.com/clients

It's not hard to imagine a scenario when Ron approached 10ten talents and was told their client wasn't interested but they had another up and coming young manager who lived locally who Ron really should consider.

Maybe we should consider making Jude Soonsup-Bell the youngest manager in the entire FL?

Reading their comments, saying our stadium is non league is a bit OTT, but the rest of it is pretty accurate.
We have hundreds of posts on here stating what a mess we are and what a joke we are,not sure why anyone gets annoyed when other supporters say the same.

Reading their comments, saying our stadium is non league is a bit OTT, but the rest of it is pretty accurate.
We have hundreds of posts on here stating what a mess we are and what a joke we are,not sure why anyone gets annoyed when other supporters say the same.

It’s like saying your kid is a bit dim. You’re allowed to say it because it’s your kid but if anyone else calls your kid dim then you lose your ****!

To be quite honest they should know what a non league ground would look like,they are a non league mob.

Back