• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of the MODERN film directors

MK Shrimper

Striker
Here's the draw in full, made not by Alan Hansen and his warm balls at FA HQ, but a swish Excel Macro I found online.

Day 1

M. Night Shyamalan v John Woo
Michael Moore v Martin Scorsese
Frank Darabont v Guillermo Del Toro
Darren Aranofsky v Kevin Smith

Day 2

Mike Newell v Sam Mendes.
John Huston v Tim Burton
George Romero v Gerald Thomas
Stanley Kubrick v Clint Eastwood

Day 3

Danny Boyle v Oliver Stone
David Fincher v Steven Speilberg
Coen brothers v David Lynch.
John Hughes v Ron Howard.

Day 4

Q Tarantino v Wes Anderson
Christopher Nolan v Wes Craven
John Boorman v Peter Jackson
Ridley Scott v Rob Cohen.

First round starts tomorrow.

Gentlemen, start your engines.....!

Last edited:
I cant decide whether the person who put forward Michael Moore should be banned or shot.

I would nominate Peter Weir, but he's done bugger all for over 10 years. Or John Carpenter (Halloween a big favourite of mine), but he did Ghosts of Mars which was awful.
Or Alexander Payne's good, and also Kitano and I'm a big fan of Hideo Nakata.

Nah, he directed Four Weddings, Donnie Brasco, one of the Harry Potters....

fail.PNG

Quick note that our favourite rigger of polls Blueblood Mugabe is going to be the deciding judge should any ties end up all square so you know where to send your freshly printed £5'ers. :D

Back