• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Battle of.....

Dreeeeeewe's goal against Col Ewe in the Southern Final 2nd leg. 1-0 down and 3-3 on agrregate, Drew scored his 8th chance of the night as he strolled passed an injured scummer on the floor who was playing him on-side. Simply A-MA-ZING

Not only was this an amazing Essex Victory, Southern final victory.....we made our first ever National Final. Oh and I got Drewe's LDV final flag!!!

The 3-0 away victory over the inbreds in the year we won league one. Sitting with fellow blues fans in the away end and seeing all the inbred faces getting redder and redder as each goal went in...... and it was important enough to have a beam back to Roots hall the only time i can ever remember sucha thing...

If we're talking about games that weren't(as far as I know)on camera then the 6-1 away win at Bournemouth in the old League cup in 1968 in the Scotland strip along with the 7-0 home win that season against Workington(Clayton et al on target).The former is the finest SUFC performance I've seen in my life surpassing even those magnificent cup wins against Kings Lynn, Brentwood and Swindon from the same era.

I'd like to nominate

a) the day YB woke up, smelled coffee and realised that Kevin Maher was one of the best midfielders ever seen in a Southend shirt

b) the day YB woke up, smelled coffee and realised that Adam Barrett was one of the most over-rated (and overpaid) players ever seen in a Southend shirt

c) Leeboy running down the front of the West like a demented schoolkid when Gower scored a wonder goal vs Darlington

d) I don't believe all the away promotion clinchers have gone so I'll nominate in this order. Swansea, Stockport and Posh (ie if Swansea has gone I'll take Stockport).

I'd like to nominate

a) the day YB woke up, smelled coffee and realised that Kevin Maher was one of the best midfielders ever seen in a Southend shirt

b) the day YB woke up, smelled coffee and realised that Adam Barrett was one of the most over-rated (and overpaid) players ever seen in a Southend shirt

c) Leeboy running down the front of the West like a demented schoolkid when Gower scored a wonder goal vs Darlington

d) I don't believe all the away promotion clinchers have gone so I'll nominate in this order. Swansea, Stockport and Posh (ie if Swansea has gone I'll take Stockport).

I've nominated Swansea.

Drawing with the mighty Liverpool back in 1979. No squad rotation in those days it was the full Liverpool side including Dalglish, Huges and Clemance.QUOTE]

I had a West Stand ticket for this game but had to give it up -because of the Saturday postponement -in order to catch a Magic Bus coach back to Spain.No Easyjet flights back in those days.:'(

Steve Mildenhalls late save v Chelsea

Dont think thats been said yet.

That was a fantastic game.I was there that night with a Newport supporting mate in the West.Could not believe that late,great turnaround from 1-2 down in the last ten minutes or so.

It was 0-2 with less than 15 minutes left.

Southend 1-0 Stoke, opening day of the 06/07 season that caused a lot of optimism for the Championship season, Freddy's penalty.

1. Benji, Bury (Ron Manager)
2. Juppy's goal at Cardiff (Pickled Seal)
3. Eastwood v Man U (East Black)
4. Wayne Gray clinching the title (Ayrshire Blue)
5. Jay Smith live on Sky (Uncle Leo)
6. Peter Clarke v Chelsea (supershrimper)
7. Freddy's 2nd at Swansea to clinch promotion (Brettie Angell)
8. Billy Best's 5 and Southend's 10 (Canveyshrimper)
9. Freddy (again) and his play-off penalty (graysblue jr)
10. That 45 minutes against Yeovil when we became Brazil (ESB)
11. Searle v Rushden? (DSLC)
12. Tes missing a penalty (good luck with this one) (Tice18)
13. Even Che scored (Mk II) (MtS)
14. Andy Sussex and staying up v Luton (DtS)
15. Flavs posing for the cameras v Northampton (lee bradbury is a legend)
16. a 10-1 rout with Angell and Tilson getting 7 (Napster)
17. beating the yids with Gary Bennett on our side (Kent Shrimper)
18. Top of the league, Newcastle 4-0 (Mad Cyril)
19. Maher's imaginary hattrick, beating QPR 5-0 (Nzamba Legend)
20. Brettie Angell shutting up the W*** H** scum (Drastic Surgeon)
21. Freddy's debut hattrick (Gt Yarmouth)
22. Drawing with the Champions of Europe (CS Boy)
23. True Blue's volley at Northampton (Dick Bate's protege)
24. Drewe finally scoring (Silencer)
25. Even Che scored - MK I (weststander)
26. Promotion at Stockport (ORM)
27. Mildenhall proving he's better than Flavs, again to secure a draw v Chelsea (Shrimperstu)
28. We've only got 8 men (Surrey Shrimper)
29. Opening day optimism in the Championship (manor 15)

Three spots left to go. Barna, you've mentioned a few, which one do you want to take?

This list could have be drawn up by Sky, such is the way life before the premier$hite seems to have been airbrushed out, except by a few of the really old people like ORM.

To claim one of the last three spots, add your nomination to the list.

Seriously thinking about Valentine's Day at Derby in the 5th Round of the FA Cup back in 75. Disallowed goal which was proved perfectly good and Bruce Rioch the dirty *** ensuring Derby won. Trouble is, my memory is really not that good!

I've already had my vote, but I'm surprised that Gower's wonder-goal at Bristol Rovers in the LDV Southern final, 1st leg, hasn't made it into the list...

;)

I've already had my vote, but I'm surprised that Gower's wonder-goal at Bristol Rovers in the LDV Southern final, 1st leg, hasn't made it into the list...

;)

I thought about that, as I did Eastwood's spectacular finish against Bristol City that had the whole of Ashton Gate applauding, but had to go with the Yeovil second half.

With so much of our recent success attributed to Eastwood, that performance against Yeovil was done, for the most part, without him and showed perfectly the strength of our squad as a whole. Eastwood did come in and score two in ten minutes, mind...

Seriously thinking about Valentine's Day at Derby in the 5th Round of the FA Cup back in 75. Disallowed goal which was proved perfectly good and Bruce Rioch the dirty *** ensuring Derby won. Trouble is, my memory is really not that good!

You're right Kay it isn't, must be all that Deuchars. ;):whistling: The game in 1-0 game was 1976. The one you are thinking of was 77/78 when we lost 3-2 and that **** Bruce Rioch tried to boot Colin Morris over the stand when he was clear on goal.

Both good days out mind.

leo rogets golden goal against swindon, my dad (r.i.p) going absolutely mental

good times :)

Back