• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

which concert was better

• Total voters

Davros

The Whippet
Having watched pretty much the entirety of both, over consecutive weekends, broadcast from the same venue on the same channel, i thought that it deserved a somewhat simple SZ poll...

What did you think was better, trhe Diana Concert, or Live Earth.

Im plumping for Live Earth, the sound was much better, the links were much better, the presenters were better, and the acts were more to my liking... especially the Linkin' Park bit they showed from Japan! :finger:

Live Earth for me as well, although it was quite annoying that after waiting hours to see Metallica and Beastie Boys they cut away to some dross just when they got going (cutting out Enter Sandman in the process fools). Foo Fighters were awesome though which made up for it, best performance of the event.

The Diana Concert was simply a shambles. Live Earth was 10 times better.

Thought it was quality at the start when Jonathon Ross was interviewing Jimmy Carr, and they were talking about Live Earth and the motives of some bands etc for really being there and then Jimmy replied with "Yes I think its great that we are all here remembering Diana"

Thought that was superb! :hilarious: :hilarious:

The thing that gets me is how hypocritical it all is! I appreciate how the concert was arranged to raise awareness about global warming but how much must the concerts have damaged the earth?! It just seems like everyone is saying "look how bad global warming is" then making a concert where there is enough electricity being used in Wembley on its own to shutdown the National grid!

The thing that gets me is how hypocritical it all is! I appreciate how the concert was arranged to raise awareness about global warming but how much must the concerts have damaged the earth?! It just seems like everyone is saying "look how bad global warming is" then making a concert where there is enough electricity being used in Wembley on its own to shutdown the National grid!

npower one the UK’s top three energy suppliers will exclusively supply electricity to power the 90,000 seater Wembley Stadium under a renewable electricity deal. As a result, Wembley Stadium will also be the first major UK stadium whose electricity consumption will be matched by ‘green energy’ purchased by npower.

npower one the UK’s top three energy suppliers will exclusively supply electricity to power the 90,000 seater Wembley Stadium under a renewable electricity deal. As a result, Wembley Stadium will also be the first major UK stadium whose electricity consumption will be matched by ‘green energy’ purchased by npower.

Well thats a pretty good deal! I think that this is a positive step forward and I must admit I did not know about this deal. However, how many of the other events were powered in such a way?

Back