• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Before we all get too excited (more stats)

We do need to prove ourselves by beating the better teams but its not like we were outclassed by any of the ones we lost to.

We lost to Orient because of a dodgy sending off.

Leeds we were 5 minutes from a fantastic draw away from home before the great collapse...

Brighton we probably shouldnt have lost, we were the better team and in control for 70 minutes. Either way it was an away game.

Tranmere werent a better side than us but nicked a tight game.

Saying that promotion can only be achieved by getting points in these games so the next 3 matches will really test us, with Carlisle, Northampton and Forest we have 3 top teams in a row, two of which are away. 4 points is the minimum we should be getting, but 5-6 points would be a good return.

Agreed. People say that Leeds thumped us but 2-1 flattered them a bit, let alone 4-1. I'd be disappointed with less than 4 points from our upcoming three fixtures.

Agreed. People say that Leeds thumped us but 2-1 flattered them a bit, let alone 4-1. I'd be disappointed with less than 4 points from our upcoming three fixtures.

I'm confident we'll get 7 points from our next 3 games. Maximum's against Carlisle and Forest and a point at Northampton.

Can't see us getting three points at Forest. A point there would be great, as they actually look like they might mount a decent challenge this season after flattering to decieve for a couple of years...

Forrests home record is poor.. Usual story of the expectant home crowd making the players nervous ill warrant.

I'm reluctant to set points targets at this stage of the season. If we get five points then we'll have done well from three tough games but if we don't get that many then it's too early in the season to be worrying about it too much.

You may only be able to say this when the season is at least 75% old. Stats at this stage of the season do not mean a lot

Well, such is the problem with us gambling types.

Popular idea here is that 4 games in you have enough data to make these sorts of decisions. Your point is fair though. Until we beat Southampton in mid-December (which I missed - well done me) we had beaten Sunderland and Stoke and no-one else. At the time, that was one top half and one bottom I believe.

I'd say a quarter of the way through is a pretty good time to show stats because that's a significant amount of the season. As much as people say it was early season or before the run or how unlucky we were, I can ask said people to name of one top half team we've beaten this season.

We weren't outplayed in any of those games though and there were mitigating circumstances for three of the defeats. That's why I didn't understand the hysteria on here - we outplayed Orient and Brighton and should have won both and Leeds was an utter capitulation following a very poor substitution. Tranmere I'd conceed.

I thought Walsall were top half going into last weekend? 11th, maybe?

We weren't outplayed in any of those games though and there were mitigating circumstances for three of the defeats. That's why I didn't understand the hysteria on here - we outplayed Orient and Brighton and should have won both and Leeds was an utter capitulation following a very poor substitution. Tranmere I'd conceed.

Well, as I'm sure you remember, I wasn't one suggesting we were going down or even that we were going to finish in the bottom half . I would also suggest that of those we have played Doncaster will certainly be top half and I expect Millwall will improve once they get a striker in. Similarly, Brighton didn't exactly look top half.

Right now though, we've only the poor teams in the division. Anyway, that is the last I'll say as we can discuss this all we want but it will be substantiated either way tomorrow.

If you recall the last time we were here

ColU H3-1 A3-0
Brentford H4-1 A0-2
Barnsley H0-0 A2-2
Hudersf H1-1 A0-0
Swansea H1-2 A2-2
Forest H1-0 A0-2
Doncas H0-1 A0-2

W 5 D 4 L5
Not many points for us then and it continued into the Championship when we played teams that were on par with this lot!

So we've gotta face facts we kinda struggle to win these encounters!
But on the bright side CUFC (Carlisle) could be considered as Col U:) esp after our long time continual battle with em at foot of L2 which we always seemed to win in the end!

Last edited:
Our record against top half opposition goes...

P5 W0 D0 L5 F5 A12

Updated after todays game!

For the record, Carlisle would have an identical record (excluding goals) but for one solitary draw from their four games.

Battle of the bullies on Saturday then - could see a lot of goals.

Carlisle have a better record now:mad:

Battle of the bullies = lots of bookings!

if we continue losing against the teams that are up there its going to cost up dear as it did last season losing against the lower league clubs.

Back