• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Thatcher

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Absoloutely disgusting assault on Pedro Mendes last night. I can't believe he only got a booking which now restricts the FA in how badly they can punish him. And Pearce defended him, saying it was just mis-timed. Rubbish, he had one intention and that was to take out Mendes. I'm all for a mans game but that just disgusting.
Oo.gif

It was a disgrace. It was a scathing attack. Assault. He should be banned for life. The more I see it the more angry I get.

Just seen some of his 'previous' on SSN - a very bad 2 footed tackle (but not out of the realms of what other players have done).

Then an amazing elbow against Nicky Summerbee - was so blatent and viscious it took my breath away! Very similar to the Mendes incident...

He should have the book chucked at him before he kills someone. That assault last night does get worse each time you see it....

Mendes should do him for assault and he should be banned for at least 10 games.

Probabaly the worst 'challenge' I've ever seen, absolutely disgusting!

Guess I'm the only one who didn't think it was that bad.

It was Mendes' landing thats done the damage. Had that challenge been in the middle of the pitch no one would have looked twice. Thatcher is a nasty piece of work but he's done far, far worse than last night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Aug. 24 2006,19:44)]Then an amazing elbow against Nicky Summerbee - was so blatent and viscious it took my breath away! Very similar to the Mendes incident...
The Summerbee one was a disgrace. He should have got a six month ban for that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Aug. 25 2006,01:33)]Guess I'm the only one who didn't think it was that bad.

It was Mendes' landing thats done the damage. Had that challenge been in the middle of the pitch no one would have looked twice. Thatcher is a nasty piece of work but he's done far, far worse than last night.
Sorry Beefy, I think your posts are normally excellent - but that is total nonsense.

The only reason the landing looked so bad is because he was out cold before he hit the floor!

When you see it from behind, Thatcher purposely brings the elbow up and hits Mendes in the jaw with the very point of his elbow - totally deliberate.

If someone had done the very same to Eastwood then you would be up in arms...

Well, the beeb are saying that the FA's going to rip the rule book up and chuck it at him, so that's good to hear, and the chief refferee says he can't understand some of the decisions made by the reffs this year (I'll presume Thatcher's booking is one of them).

It's pretty bad. I think that tearing the rule book up would soften the blow too much. It's particularly bad in light of...

Video of Bertuzzi incident

Story on it

Seth knows more about this than me but considering Moore actually had some head gear on but was still hit unprepared and it was considerably worse than what seems to have happened to Mendes.

Back