• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benefit Society !

I think you will find that your figures are wrong. How many children are living at that address? and be honest.
The rent for a council house in this area is about £500 per month maximum. Most being around the £400 mark.
Those figures would only make sense if they had over 6 children living there, and both parents were claiming ESA support group, or disability allowance.

They live near Brentwood,The house contain mum dad their son and his 3 young children,The mum is the legal guardian of the 3 children thus able to claim every benefit available,she is also the fathers carer because through his alcoholism he is an amputee,Their rent is as in understand just over 600 per month,she also somehow claims for her 35 year old son because he has followed his father into the world of drink abuse.

If you feel so annoyed, telephone the hotline, they are looked into and if you want to remain not known you donot have to give your name, however many are looked into before the calls are made, the odd one or two will allways slip the net, but a lot of the good work isnot reported.
General election and broken promises allways stir up papers and internet especially on benefits

People like to make bullets for other to fire , for someone aged 25 you seem to have much anger whether its football/politics etc, its good to be vocal but sometimes it also good to reflect before posting

Keep believing

UTS

Assume John Smith lives in a council house with his spouse and 2 children,John works hard and takes home 500 after tax each week yet because of his income John cannot claim or tax credits or any other assistance,John after paying his bills and buying food cannot afford trips to the zoo as he has just spent a fortune on his children's school uniform,John is a proud man and soldiers on in the hope it will get better,Johns wife Helen is a lazy bugger whose only chores are the school run twice a day then cleaning the house whilst completing the laundry and ironing then preparing dinner where she duly washes up then takes one of her children to an evening activity.

John's brother Colin lives next door with his partner and 3 children,Colin loves going fishing at least twice a week and also enjoys having drinks most days often becoming a drunken bore,Colin will watch telly until late which makes him very tired so normally will not wake until mid morning,Colin and his partner Sue often take their children to various events regardless of cost,Sue will often join Colin in a drinking binge and because of her being drunk the daily chores are put to one side for another day.
Colin and Sue receive £250 every week more than John yet both don't do a stroke of work.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If you feel so annoyed, telephone the hotline, they are looked into and if you want to remain not known you donot have to give your name, however many are looked into before the calls are made, the odd one or two will allways slip the net, but a lot of the good work isnot reported.
General election and broken promises allways stir up papers and internet especially on benefits

People like to make bullets for other to fire , for someone aged 25 you seem to have much anger whether its football/politics etc, its good to be vocal but sometimes it also good to reflect before posting

Keep believing

UTS

You look far too much in depth IMO and I have very little anger you go on about,Why would I want to report them?they claim what they claim for so as far as I know it's legal and they seem entitled to it according to those giving them the cash.

You look far too much in depth IMO and I have very little anger you go on about,Why would I want to report them?they claim what they claim for so as far as I know it's legal and they seem entitled to it according to those giving them the cash.

So, if it's legal and you accept that they are entitled to claim as per the current guidelines and legislation, what's the problem?

They live near Brentwood,The house contain mum dad their son and his 3 young children,The mum is the legal guardian of the 3 children thus able to claim every benefit available,she is also the fathers carer because through his alcoholism he is an amputee,Their rent is as in understand just over 600 per month,she also somehow claims for her 35 year old son because he has followed his father into the world of drink abuse.

There are lots of different benefits in that story. Still goes over the maximum tho. Looks like it may be a case that they are claiming separately, to get past the benefits cap.

I already explained I know the family details and will not explain in full on here ,Having known them for many year's yet only recently discovered their financial handouts.

They IMO are taking the wee wee.

Maybe so, but let's not pretend they're living like a premiership footballer.

My beef is wealthy OAPs receiving the state pension which of course is a benefit.

Again, don't be annoyed with them. There are examples of senior citizens trying to give that money back, but it caused more problems than it was worth.

There will always be examples in the benefits debate where there are those that seem to get more than most would think is right. This is the fault of the system as much as those that claim. There will almost certainly be other families who receive benefits which barely cover living costs, but they seldom merit a mention as it is not newsworthy. We live in unfair society at times, but with nearly 50% of the population not voting at General Elections it is difficult for MPs to be held to account when trying to address the balance. I'd still rather live in this country than some other less pleasant ones.

Again, don't be annoyed with them. There are examples of senior citizens trying to give that money back, but it caused more problems than it was worth.

True. I have read stories along those lines and tried to find something online about it, but little luck so far.

Thing is, it is not easy to means test in the way that (say) child benefit is. With child benefit, you get it, or not, dependent on your income which you have to declare. Bit trickier to means test the wealth of a pensioner I'd have thought.

not sure why they should be a beef about "wealthy" pensioners receiving their pensions. These people have paid more than enough in tax over the years. If successive governments have sqandered this money over the years it's hardly their fault.

Back