• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best away day pub.

DTS

The Business
Regardless of the weather, result or place - Nothing beats a good booze up with my fellow Blues. Bit of atmosphere , a few pints and a few decent pubs.

My three personal favs both relate back to the crappy days off the div 2 when we were awful.

They are as follows

* The Revolution @ Chesterfield

Grotty Northern Boozer but no matter its always full of blues fans. Loads of atmosphre and nice home cooked food.

* Pub at Mansfield along a grassy foot path.

Dont know the name of it but its down a hill behind the away end. Great bar maids and always a good atmosphere.

* Druids Head at Macclesfield.

Right outside the station. Normally get the Yorkshire Blues in there, close to station and has a lovely chippy two doors down.

Worryingly I have been in all of these with Smiffy so think I need to revise my suggestions. Anymore lads?

wink.gif

Think the pub in Mansfield might be called the Early Doors ?? I know the one you mean tough - many a happy 3 and a bit hours spent in there !!

Always been a fan of the Coach & Horses before Orient - awful pub, rubbish beer and the bloke who looks like Billy Ocean behind the bar but it was always rammed with Shrimpers having a good drink and a sing song. Aaah happy days !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolson's Lovechild @ Dec. 08 2006,14:58)]Think the pub in Mansfield might be called the Early Doors ?? I know the one you mean tough - many a happy 3 and a bit hours spent in there !!

Always been a fan of the Coach & Horses before Orient - awful pub, rubbish beer and the bloke who looks like Billy Ocean behind the bar but it was always rammed with Shrimpers having a good drink and a sing song. Aaah happy days !!
Good man Tolson's lovechild.....That's it - Early doors.

Cheers
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolson's Lovechild @ Dec. 08 2006,14:58)]Think the pub in Mansfield might be called the Early Doors ?? I know the one you mean tough - many a happy 3 and a bit hours spent in there !!

It is indeed The Early Doors - not bad beer either.

I also like Ye Olde Red Lion in Barnet and the Beehive in Carlisle - despite the distance, we always seem to arrive in Carlisle earlier than most places!

I also liked that pub by Watford Gap services, next to the canal.

I believe it's either an Indian or Chinese Restaurant now though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 08 2006,15:17)]I also liked that pub by Watford Gap services, next to the canal.

Oh yes that pub, had the pleasure of drinking there on the way to deby, its a thai resturant/bar i think. What a funny day that was...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 08 2006,15:40)]Coach and Horses at orient always take that over!
lve it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chalkwell blue @ Dec. 08 2006,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 08 2006,15:17)]I also liked that pub by Watford Gap services, next to the canal.

Oh yes that pub, had the pleasure of drinking there on the way to deby, its a thai resturant/bar i think. What a funny day that was...
biggrin.gif
we looked like a bunch of 30 year olds on acid..

oh wait

laugh.gif

surreal.. f%cking surreal

Back