• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best goal seen at Roots Hall

Bilel scored one from about 40 yards into the top corner, perhaps against Northampton?

Freddy vs Blackpool when he danced past about 4 of theirs before finishing left footed is one of my favourites.

Brett Angell v Swindon early 90s. Won 3-2. He volleyed in from a long way out. For those that remember him anything outside of the box was rare! Him again v West ham purely for the build up and opposition. Eastwood free kick v manu
One of my all time fave goals and defo deserves to be near the top of the list. Lovely build up play in our half, ball gets chipped into Benji back to goal, he nods it down and Angell on the side foot volley which absolutely flew in but also dipped brilliantly.

Superb game that too and a goal to match!

Wouldn't describe it as the best goal seen at RH but I remember Neil Townsend (centre half) clearing a ball from just inside the North bank end as only he could. He aimless punted towards the south bank. The keeper came out to 'field it'. He misjudged its flight. It bounced in front of him and over his head. As he turned to retrieve a not lost cause. He slipped and rather than stand up and run back to gather it he choose to crawl on all fours. The ball trickled towards the goal always just out of reach of his grasp.

We won 1 - 0.

Funnily enough I was going to mention that one. I couldn't remember who scored it, I just remembered his first name was Neil. IIRC he was pretty much level with where the barrel rooves on the West stand finish in front of the North bank.

One of my all time fave goals and defo deserves to be near the top of the list. Lovely build up play in our half, ball gets chipped into Benji back to goal, he nods it down and Angell on the side foot volley which absolutely flew in but also dipped brilliantly.

Superb game that too and a goal to match!

Agreed, absolutely wonderful goal. Was a cracking game, with Duncan Shearer on fire for them. Has to be up there in one of the best games ever at Roots Hall, the atmosphere in the North Bank was electric!

Not sure who it was against, but Jamal Campbell Ryce 35 yard chip on the left wing in the championship. I was sat in the South Lower and was right behind it and saw the curl he got on it.

I’ll never forget that.

I was a big fan of a goal we scored in our League One promotion season. I want to say it was against Hartlepool at home. We had a free kick and they set up like an 8 man wall. Which sounds ultra defensive. The problem being it used up the majority of their team and we, somewhat unsurprisingly decided not to shoot directly. I think Maher squared it to someone completely unmarked in the penalty area for a relatively easy finish.

Was it Gower applying the finish?
I was a big fan of a goal we scored in our League One promotion season. I want to say it was against Hartlepool at home. We had a free kick and they set up like an 8 man wall. Which sounds ultra defensive. The problem being it used up the majority of their team and we, somewhat unsurprisingly decided not to shoot directly. I think Maher squared it to someone completely unmarked in the penalty area for a relatively easy finish.

Brett Angell v Swindon early 90s. Won 3-2. He volleyed in from a long way out. For those that remember him anything outside of the box was rare! Him again v West ham purely for the build up and opposition. Eastwood free kick v manu

As if by magic here it is in the flesh at 1m 15s. Cracking strike and up there with my favourites

Andy Sussex V Luton? I think? we won 2-0 and confirmed our Championship status for another year. was the game when Stan was carried off the pitch by the fans. Sussex smashed a volley into the top corner from about 25 yards. Happy days..

Back