• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Best Live Festival Performance??

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
For me......

Coldplay at Glastonbury 2000 when they trialled "yellow" to a sceptical crowd, I still get shivers remembering that day.

The only other one that comes close was moshing in the pit at the front to Faithless at T in The park about 4 years ago. Myself and my then to be wife were held up of the ground for the entire duration of Insomnia riding on a wave of pure orgasmic music.

What's yours????????

For me......

Coldplay at Glastonbury 2000 when they trialled "yellow" to a sceptical crowd, I still get shivers remembering that day.

The only other one that comes close was moshing in the pit at the front to Faithless at T in The park about 4 years ago. Myself and my then to be wife were held up of the ground for the entire duration of Insomnia riding on a wave of pure orgasmic music.

What's yours????????

how do you mosh to Faithless?! :unsure:

I was at Glasto 2000 (21st birthday present!) and don't remember Coldplay being there, although I was rather stone..... inebriated.

Seeing Nine Inch Nails that year was awesome, wading through the crowd leaving Orbital(?) (see reasoning above) heading to the stage seemed to take forever.

Manic Street Preachers headlining at V99 being *ahem* inebriated again was almost euphoric.

Last edited:
James Brown in the dance tent at V (around 98ish I think). Pure class, one of the legends of music. The place was absolutely rammed and going mental.

He came back the next year and played an outside stage, which was good but couldn't quite match the brilliance of the first time around.

Was thinking the same thing Al :whistling:

Aerosmith (plus Jimmy Page) at Donington c.1990

Pink Floyd at Earls Court 1997 (i think) .. The Dark Side of the Moon Tour, 17 nights of 17,000 tickets all sold out within 3 days

The Prodigy headlining V97 was awsome. The entire field was going nuts and I was right at the front of it all. Great night!

The Prodigy headlining V97 was awsome. The entire field was going nuts and I was right at the front of it all. Great night!

I was lying in a puddle of my own sick at the time. :puke Did you find a lovely light blue rain coat - loved that jacket, never saw it again.

Don't do festivals, the only one I went to for all three days was Reading 95 (I think?).

I was at Glasto 2000 (21st birthday present!) and don't remember Coldplay being there, although I was rather stone..... inebriated.

Seeing Nine Inch Nails that year was awesome, wading through the crowd leaving Orbital(?) (see reasoning above) heading to the stage seemed to take forever.

Manic Street Preachers headlining at V99 being *ahem* inebriated again was almost euphoric.

You got me wondering now..........I am sure it was 2000.

Radiohead, !!! (Chk Chk Chk) and Bjork stand out for me at Glastonbury. Also really enjoyed Foo Fighters at V-festival (can't remember which year). Pixies, Primal Scream (XTRMNTR era) and Arcade Fire were also quality (at Glasto again)

personally I don't think you get stand out performances at festivals, things just blur into one and it's more about the atmosphere. I suppose if you're fans of big stadium-rock bands then it's great, but for my favourite bands I tend to find them better at a headlining gig. Only a few bands can really be classed as a festival band (Radiohead, Muse, Foos etc etc). You don't get many surprising acts that can headline a festival, except maybe Jay-Z last year. I like the surprising element at other stages and seeing more random things and discovering new bands

I actually much prefer little intimate gigs as opposed to the mega ones ... One of my favourite bands (The Dogs D'Amour) are playing at a pub in some sleepy Oxfordshire village (Farringdon ??) on 28th November at a venue that can hold no more than 200

Tickets are a fiver and a room at the venue costs £70 for a twin

The only possible stumbling block to my attendance is its FA Cup 2nd Round day and knowing my luck we'll be away to Tranmere or someone a similar distance

That said how many times have we drawn Cheltenham recently ... :whistling:

I actually much prefer little intimate gigs as opposed to the mega ones ... One of my favourite bands (The Dogs D'Amour) are playing at a pub in some sleepy Oxfordshire village (Farringdon ??) on 28th November at a venue that can hold no more than 200

Tickets are a fiver and a room at the venue costs £70 for a twin

The only possible stumbling block to my attendance is its FA Cup 2nd Round day and knowing my luck we'll be away to Tranmere or someone a similar distance

That said how many times have we drawn Cheltenham recently ... :whistling:

Spot on. I was lucky enough to win free tickets to see the luvverly Kate Walsh in London a few weeks back in a room no bigger than my lounge. Magical and something I'll never forget not to mention I plucked up the courage to be a total fanboy and spoke to her and got a photo :)

Spot on. I was lucky enough to win free tickets to see the luvverly Kate Walsh in London a few weeks back in a room no bigger than my lounge. Magical and something I'll never forget not to mention I plucked up the courage to be a total fanboy and spoke to her and got a photo :)

Cool stuff .. something to **** over when Zena aint about too :clap:

Back