• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

betting/ sufc

lincoln shrimper

I have found myself getting into a rountine of betting that Southend will either draw or lose during the last 4 or 5 games. The fact that I have lost about £20 along the way doesn't seem to matter with The Blues now looking good for a top 3 finish. I have just placed a little wager on us failing to win again on Friday. This, I believe is fairly likely, as Tilly will be receiving the dreaded Manager of the month award on Friday morning!

A double on Scunny and Yeovil to win also looks good for Saturday.

Has anyone else been doing similar things and betting against The Blues lately? Do you feel guilty?!!

I havent been placing bets on us to lose, but i have been saying to my pals that our bubble is gonna burst before every game over the past couple of months!!...

Happily ive been proved wrong everytime!!...

Needless to say that im saying it again before the game on Friday!!.

laugh.gif

bet of the season is from a bloke who works in my office.. he got 75 quid each way on the shrimpers after 5 games at 150/1..
he had zero int in southend, in fact im not sure he even knew where it was, he only put the bet on as it was obviously a wrong price and he took a flyer ..one of his mates has some subsription website thing that had them priced at 25's at best at that stage of the season... he has travelled down for one game this season and will be there on friday as well, natch office intrest in the shrimpers is up by 500 per cent, he practically skipped in this morning

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 30 2005,10:42)]bet of the season is from a bloke who works in my office..  he got 75 quid each way on the shrimpers after 5 games at 150/1..  
So that's £14,212 if we in the League and £2,887 if we come 2nd or 3rd
wow.gif

Well played that man!

just a tad.. scotish bloke, huge celtic fan , currently living in west london..
he really enjoyed his first trip to the hall, pints in the spread and more in the inside/outside bar in the east stand.. he is looking forward to friday immensly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Mar. 30 2005,10:52)]just a tad..  scotish bloke, huge celtic fan , currently living in west london..
Celtic fan and living in West London? A man of immaculate tatse as well then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Mar. 30 2005,11:26)]W4S,

What are the odds for the place part of E/W, is it 1/4?

Thanks
BB
Paul,

depends on the runners and when the bet is placed, but at the start of the season, it's nearly always 1/4 the odds.

Cheers,

James/W4

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2005,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Mar. 30 2005,11:26)]W4S,

What are the odds for the place part of E/W, is it 1/4?

Thanks
BB
Paul,

depends on the runners and when the bet is placed, but at the start of the season, it's nearly always 1/4 the odds.

Cheers,

James/W4
James,

Thanks for the info. It's for the £10 e/w I had on us at the start of the season, I was pretty certain it was 1/4, but hoping it was 1/3
tounge.gif

Not going to complain though, £412.50 coming my way if we can win it, £82.50 if we finish 1st 3.

Paul

I was gunna ask that. Is there a LDV/League double on? Or shouldn't i be so stupid. And yes, i must admit that i've bet against Southend many a time and it normally is quite profitable!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2005,12:22)]do we know what the odds are for the double LDV Champs and League 2 Champs?
Sky Bet go 5/4 us to win the LDV and 13/8 League Two. Double them up and it pays a touch under 5/1.

Whether they will let you double up is another matter though - the two could be termed what we call a 'related contingency', ie our performance in one will impact our performance in the other.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 30 2005,12:35)]And yes, i must admit that i've bet against Southend many a time and it normally is quite profitable!

laugh.gif
Incidentally, if you'd placed a tenner on us at best price for every League Two game this year, you'd be in profit to the tune of £90.10!

The only reason i want us to be top is the promise of a free seaso for next season! Ian is really going to regret saying that Shags mate!

tounge.gif

... oh and to brag like an annoying little $%&*.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Mar. 30 2005,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 30 2005,12:35)]And yes, i must admit that i've bet against Southend many a time and it normally is quite profitable!

laugh.gif
Incidentally, if you'd placed a tenner on us at best price for every League Two game this year, you'd be in profit to the tune of £90.10!
What if I doubled up my bet each time I lost?

and don't listen to that advice kids,
1) I'm not rich
2) the bloke from pridmore bookies is

This season is the first time in at least 15 years i haven't bet on Southend either winning the league or getting promoted.

And yes they are left out of my accumulators now as well.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I also neglected to bet on them this year (I think). Might be worth checking really!!!

Back