• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bid

Hope he goes soon, let someone else pay him for standing around, poor first touch, no goals. Never the same after his facial injuries shame because he has skills but either cant be bothered or heads gone due to injury.
Ouch. Speaking of injuries, he'd be limping after reading that one.

Personally, I think he'd be some force to be reckoned with in League Two.

I suspect he will have benefited more than anyone from the break. Rushed back from a serious injury as he was so needed. I reckon the extended break will have helped physically and mentally. Has the potential to terrorise defences in league two if we can keep him.

I suspect he will have benefited more than anyone from the break. Rushed back from a serious injury as he was so needed. I reckon the extended break will have helped physically and mentally. Has the potential to terrorise defences in league two if we can keep him.
This, hopefully it's been time used to heal mentally as well as physically

Reactions: GBJ
At some point in the near future, Humphrys will be smashing goals for fun in Lg1 or the Championship, and this forum will be pondering why he never did it for us ?

Bring back Blair Sturrock. He couldn’t score in a brothel, but at least he ran around a lot, eh?

He will also have much less to deal with on the personal level, that can't have helped his mental state.

Totally agree. Humphrys and Kelman could form a lethal partnership in League 2. Unfortunately we’ll do well to keep one of them, let alone both.

Even so, these rumours are getting more and more laughable.

it will be interesting to see if there is anything in this rumour - I think Tuesday/Wednesday this week was the 1st anyone from up here (Barrow) had heard about this one. but we have picked up £200-250K compensation from Bolton for Evatt and £75K from Stockport for John Rooney in the last 3 weeks so it might be true...?

I'd hope we'd be looking for more than £50k for Humphrys, he's certainly a player who is capable of comfortably playing in a top team in L1, with the right players around him.

The problem is of course that we could have Ronaldo and Messi upfront, but if they don't get the ball there's not much they can do.

The problem is of course that we could have Ronaldo and Messi upfront, but if they don't get the ball there's not much they can do.

They do get the ball. The problem is actually that it’s normally directly from whoever is in goal or playing Centre Back!!!!

If humphrys wants to play for the likes of Barrow in front of 2k on lesser wages then it shows proper low ambition on his part.

They will have to pay for him. Ron won't let him go for cheap.

I have every respect for Barrow but they have had one decent season to get promoted while we have a glorious history that includes Wembley finals, Cardiff finals, a League cup quarter final and European football. Why anyone would consider walking away from this I have no idea.

I have every respect for Barrow but they have had one decent season to get promoted while we have a glorious history that includes Wembley finals, Cardiff finals, a League cup quarter final and European football. Why anyone would consider walking away from this I have no idea.
He's from the Manchester area and we train in Rochdale - so perhaps he's home sick...
The rumours still persisting up here;-
"Spoke to the manager of the hospice charity shop after he noticed my Barrow shirt today. He said we are bringing in Stephen Humphrys"
whilst it might seam an odd place to get a rumour from the hospice were club sponsors a couple of seasons ago....

He's from the Manchester area and we train in Rochdale - so perhaps he's home sick...
The rumours still persisting up here;-
"Spoke to the manager of the hospice charity shop after he noticed my Barrow shirt today. He said we are bringing in Stephen Humphrys"
whilst it might seam an odd place to get a rumour from the hospice were club sponsors a couple of seasons ago....

He’s probably read the same bull**** rumour from that TC9 Twitter page.

That rumour page is full of utter garbage.

That being said, Hump is keen on a move back oop north, and does have at least one interested party knocking on Ron’s door currently

That rumour page is full of utter garbage.

That being said, Hump is keen on a move back oop north, and does have at least one interested party knocking on Ron’s door currently

What sort of figure do you think we would get?

What sort of figure do you think we would get?

In any normal situation, he’d be worth a few quid. He’s young, has potential, and a decent goal scoring ratio. And of course, he’s English.

He’s on the last year of his contract though, and we’re skint, so it’s anyones guess.

Back