• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
I've just received the following communique from the 'Stand Up Sit Down' campaign:

This afternoon I came across a company called SpecIntell:

"SpecIntell is a unique Internet based software tool designed to record and manage incidents and offences committed at football or other sports stadia, which may not result in the arrest of offenders by the Police. These offences are typically breaches of ground safety regulations such as persistent standing, or other locally established behavioural breaches such as inappropriate gesturing or persistent swearing. SpecIntell is essentially an information system that maintains written and photographic records of individual supporters who misbehave at football matches and tracks the action taken in respect of them and records any subsequent warning or sanction taken against them."

The link to their site was on the Football Safety Officers Association website.

You may or may not agree but frankly, I find it very concerning (and disturbing) that your club could be keeping a record of your behaviour using this software that is accessible to any subscriber to the service. This information may not be accurate and of course you don't have the chance to defend yourself against records kept about you, as you don't necessarily know about them. Further, the records could be kept about behaviour that isn't deemed worthy of an arrest by the police. This should worry everybody...

Who is accessing these records?

How can we trust the integrity of those using this system?

How long are they kept for?

Would your club inform you or admit that they're keeping an electronic record of your behaviour?

Could an employer or prospective employer gain access to these records if they subscribe to the service?

What is the information used for, exactly?

Your club could be keeping unsubstantiated records about you... I'm writing to my club this afternoon re this system and will be asking the above questions and suggest you do the same.

For obvious reasons, I very much doubt that this affects me much - but what of those who regular attend Roots Hall? Are there concerns?

If you act like a civilised being then there's nothing to worry about...
Couldn't care less that we're being watched

I agree. But football is a passionate game. I'm normally quite a mild-mannered person but once I pass through those turnstiles, the passion takes over and I've certainly been guilty of "inappropriate gesturing or persistent swearing" from time to time. Emotion and passion run hand-in-hand through sweeping pastures when it comes to football and I feel that this is simply another attempt to sanitise the game in England.

but once I pass through those turnstiles, the passion takes over
You obviously havn't been to Roots Hall much this season.

I've just received the following communique from the 'Stand Up Sit Down' campaign:

"SpecIntell is a unique Internet based software tool designed to record and manage incidents and offences committed at football or other sports stadia, which may not result in the arrest of offenders by the Police. These offences are typically breaches of ground safety regulations such as persistent standing, or other locally established behavioural breaches such as inappropriate gesturing or persistent swearing. SpecIntell is essentially an information system that maintains written and photographic records of individual supporters who misbehave at football matches and tracks the action taken in respect of them and records any subsequent warning or sanction taken against them."

You may or may not agree but frankly, I find it very concerning (and disturbing) that your club could be keeping a record of your behaviour using this software that is accessible to any subscriber to the service. This information may not be accurate and of course you don't have the chance to defend yourself against records kept about you, as you don't necessarily know about them. Further, the records could be kept about behaviour that isn't deemed worthy of an arrest by the police. This should worry everybody...

Would your club inform you or admit that they're keeping an electronic record of your behaviour?

Could an employer or prospective employer gain access to these records if they subscribe to the service?

Your club could be keeping unsubstantiated records about you... I'm writing to my club this afternoon re this system and will be asking the above questions and suggest you do the same.

For obvious reasons, I very much doubt that this affects me much - but what of those who regular attend Roots Hall? Are there concerns?

We live in an increasingly surveillance mad world. The rights of the citizen to freedom of movement are being restricted more and more by the State, if anyone protests (and not many do in this country) we are brainwashed that we live in a terrorist age and it is all necessary for our own protection. I can see no end to it.

We live in an increasingly surveillance mad world. The rights of the citizen to freedom of movement are being restricted more and more by the State, if anyone protests (and not many do in this country) we are brainwashed that we live in a terrorist age and it is all necessary for our own protection. I can see no end to it.

Yeah , that was what I was thinking BT - why should RH be any different to anywhere else thesedays ?

So, just because the team have been struggling, there is no passion from the fans?

Well, according to many on here, the reason we are in this mess is nothing to do with playing or management staff but dissent from some supporters on match days. After all, we beat man united for christ sakes!

Phew. When I saw this topic title I thought Davina McCall was going to be coming to the stadium along with twelve wannabe celebrities and that Geordie bloke going 'dee eety four at Roots Haul and Soothend United have once again let in three gurls'

Phew. When I saw this topic title I thought Davina McCall was going to be coming to the stadium along with twelve wannabe celebrities and that Geordie bloke going 'dee eety four at Roots Haul and Soothend United have once again let in three gurls'

mmmm, three gurls...... :p

If you act like a civilised being then there's nothing to worry about...
Couldn't care less that we're being watched

Yes but this is football, a lot of people don't act like they normally do including myself. Big Brother's already at every football ground and I wouldn't be surprised if every one of my w*nker signs is on tape. :rolleyes:

Yes but this is football, a lot of people don't act like they normally do including myself. Big Brother's already at every football ground and I wouldn't be surprised if every one of my w*nker signs is on tape. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah me too. I do as many hand signs as the next man. Usually at the ref or linesman - which would be my cast iron defence when I show the judge the shocking decisions that happens lol

Was chatting to a Norwich mate and he said that at the Blackpool FA Cup replay, towards the end of extra time, several Norwich fans were ejected for "getting too excited". He was watching and he said that they didn't stand up excessively, or threaten anyone - they were getting behind their team and disagreeing with the ref.

Originally Posted by steveo
You obviously havn't been to Roots Hall much this season.

So, just because the team have been struggling, there is no passion from the fans?

Its been more of sort of an air of depression and inevitability lately. Am confident it will all return next season regardless of what Division we are in.
I'm looking forward to it already

Very interesting Thread.................

I did at first think that they were filming BB at Roots Hall after reading the Thread title...

Can you imagine it cant you, a load of uninspiring wanabees who do not appear to gel with each other running around at Roots Hall!!!!!

Back