• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im pleased he stayed i like my strikers to score goals but i see him more of a attacking holding mid player lol one of the best holder-ups of the ball last season and gives us the plan b or c

I think this is a good deal for all concerned. It shows the club is getting organised finacially, being prudent and if we find better players we can easily let Blair go. For Blair it means he's getting a wage and can leave if something better comes along. He'll be a useful squad player to have and adds some much needed depth. The squad is shaping up nicely, a couple more in & I'll be very happy.

Not quite sure how this weakens PS' position at the club as someone suggested.

Yes, at this moment in time I would say he is above both of them. But looking into the future, Crawford and Asante are young and talented. Once they gain more experience they will develop into better players. Look at the past when we have offloaded players such as Kightley. We need to keep players like that for the future.

So we should just keep all young players who come through here? From what I've seen of Harry Crawford he's closer to James Lawson than he is Michael Kightly.

Agreed there, I think Crawford should get a season loan at Braintree, after all the Conference is good as bottom 12 of League 2.

I think this is a good deal for all concerned. It shows the club is getting organised finacially, being prudent and if we find better players we can easily let Blair go. For Blair it means he's getting a wage and can leave if something better comes along. He'll be a useful squad player to have and adds some much needed depth. The squad is shaping up nicely, a couple more in & I'll be very happy.

totally agree
. We haven't just given him a 2 year contact on £2000 a week have we, which judging my some comments you would ahve thought we had. We can offload him at any point. The only thing I would say is where it leaves him mentally. He has always given 100% so its not as though he will now go the extra mile to impress as he already gives everything (whether you think he is good or crap I assume most people can see he tries?)

To be honest, I feel that Blair wouldn't be with the club if it wasn't for PS. We need to look at players who can push this club forwards into at least League 1. I can't see how keeping Blair will help us with this aim. With Corr, Harris and another possible striker being signed, it looks as if Blair will be a 4th choice striker (with Crawford and Asante a close 5th and 6th choice). I know he can play behind the strikers but with the signing on N'Diaye today and with a strong midfield of Grant, Sawyer, Hall, Ferdinand (and Easton at the moment), I can't see Blair getting any more than 10 minutes every other game.

He's performed the role he's now got in at least two promoted sides.

On other websites I read, fans of Plymouth and Swindon (the two clubs Blair got promoted with, as YB said above) have both said that Blair just came on for the last 5-10 minutes, when they were winning, to keep the ball up top and help the defence alleviate pressure. Last season Sturrock was unable to attract enough players of the ability needed for obvious reasons, and so Blair played more than he would/should have done. That should be different this season, I expect Blair to be a regular on the bench, like he was at Plymouth and Swindon.

That was me.
I didn't say it weakens his position, but rather it not being a ringing endorsement of it.
My thinking is that if we have a bad start and they sack Sturrock,then the club will not be stuck with Blair and having to pay a long contract up.

truly truly shocking but expected, sturrock is really building a team to excite isnt he, wonder where the next stop for this footballing gypo will be after, after he has finished here with is father, south western league, or perhaps scottish divison 2 football.

If he plays at east fife in 2 wekes time, he might be spotted by a scout for east fife

truly truly shocking but expected, sturrock is really building a team to excite isnt he, wonder where the next stop for this footballing gypo will be after, after he has finished here with is father, south western league, or perhaps scottish divison 2 football.

If he plays at east fife in 2 wekes time, he might be spotted by a scout for east fife

Call me naive but what would an East Fife scout be doing at an East Fife match?

Blair will not be starting if Bommber and Bazza are fit and unsuspended, he will do a job and might be better with pressure off. The team is tacking shape now and Barks is a good man to have as Captain.
Does anyone have the bookies latest odds on prom and chapions?

I think Blair will do us loads of favours through out the season mainly from coming of the bench and using the undoubted football brain he possesses,well worth 1 year deal me thinks. UTB

Lovely bloke, came along to our school fete today with Barry Corr, both keen to do what they could for our kids.

Back