• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok so he's not your type of player. Possibly even not the greatest forward to pull on a blue shirt but have some respect for him as a person. Should he play a part in the run in get behind him. Where will giving stick to people help play a part in getting us where we want to be.

Ok so he's not your type of player. Possibly even not the greatest forward to pull on a blue shirt but have some respect for him as a person. Should he play a part in the run in get behind him. Where will giving stick to people help play a part in getting us where we want to be.

I have no doubt Blair is a very nice person. To me that is not the issue. As a footballer he is limited in his ability at this level. Many talk about him holding the ball up but to me that is not enough and others can do that and more. We need players who can control and head the ball, tackle and most importantly have a meaningful attempt at scoring a goal. From what I've seen Blair can't do that and having someone who is just there to hold the ball up is a luxury we can't afford. I would never boo anyone who played for us. I just think we have and need better all round players than Blair to succeed at this level. Nothing personal just an opinion based on his and other's perceived ability and performance to-date.

I'm basing on him as player too. Its why I said he may not be everyone's cup of tea and not the the most coveted of forwards to pull on a blue shirt. But if he's out on the pitch support him like all the others. The nepotism is not needed for me or if it is important to some leave it till the season's finished. As much support as possible is required for the run in.

I have no doubt Blair is a very nice person. To me that is not the issue. As a footballer he is limited in his ability at this level. Many talk about him holding the ball up but to me that is not enough and others can do that and more. We need players who can control and head the ball, tackle and most importantly have a meaningful attempt at scoring a goal. From what I've seen Blair can't do that and having someone who is just there to hold the ball up is a luxury we can't afford. I would never boo anyone who played for us. I just think we have and need better all round players than Blair to succeed at this level. Nothing personal just an opinion based on his and other's perceived ability and performance to-date.

Spot on!

No need to spout wonders about a player when the truth is different, I hope he goes on to score loads of goals for us. However, I fear he won't be here whenever we get a new manager ;-)

Dashman I agree. But the fact is he's here and could be a part of the run-in. Support.

Dashman I agree. But the fact is he's here and could be a part of the run-in. Support.

Whether he plays for us or not doesn't negate my support, in fact I hope he scores loads but with regard to facts - we have lots of better players who have a lot more in their locker, perhaps including Dailly! I find nothing in saying how 'brill' a player is when plainly that isn't the case!

I find great humour that we should support (ie) a 3 legged, half blind donkey just because they wear a Southend shirt, that's not meant to be grief for anyone in particular a statement of fact perhaps lol

Go Eddie the Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blair for the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what about if he goes one on one with the GK and scores to send us up automatically. I'm guessing you hope he misses.

Spot on!

No need to spout wonders about a player when the truth is different, I hope he goes on to score loads of goals for us. However, I fear he won't be here whenever we get a new manager ;-)

Whether he plays for us or not doesn't negate my support, in fact I hope he scores loads but with regard to facts - we have lots of better players who have a lot more in their locker, perhaps including Dailly! I find nothing in saying how 'brill' a player is when plainly that isn't the case!

I find great humour that we should support (ie) a 3 legged, half blind donkey just because they wear a Southend shirt, that's not meant to be grief for anyone in particular a statement of fact perhaps lol

Go Eddie the Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blair for the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what about if he goes one on one with the GK and scores to send us up automatically. I'm guessing you hope he misses.

blue79 do you even read what you're replying to? What exactly does Dashman have to type for you to understand he wants Blair to do well, he just doesn't believe he has the ability to achieve it?

Iv seen him ono on one so lets hope we have already been promoted haha

I am a fan of blair he seems to be the only person to be able to hold the ball up

If a lot of the fans who come on this site were responsible for picking the team I do not know who we would play, well certainly not an eleven.
Apparently;
Morris - off form and a liability
Gilbert - no talent and a liability
Prosser - average and a liability
Barker - below par and needed dropping
Mohsni - poor temperament and a liability
Timlin - below par and a liability
Ferdinand - all hype and not good enough
Dickinson - cant head, cant hold it up and often not enough from him.
Harris - beyond his sell by date
Blair - one trick pony only here through nepotism
Kalalalalala - poor
Sampson - sicknote and inexperienced

I am sure there are more that get the usual slating. From what I can see on here the only popular side would be Hall, Sawyer, Clohessey, possibly Benyon, Bentley in goal because the poor lamb deserves a shot and....? oh, maybe Hills. So thats 5-6 players. We'll win the league fielding that Lol. Too many of the players are harshly criticised IMHO.

the strange thing about our players is not only are they all rubbish but also lots of other clubs are waiting to snap them up... if you believe everything you read (which I do of course) :dim:

Whether he plays for us or not doesn't negate my support, in fact I hope he scores loads but with regard to facts - we have lots of better players who have a lot more in their locker, perhaps including Dailly!

Not a dailly fan either then? Is that based on his numerous international caps, his many seasons in the premier league / championship, the fact he's supposed to still be super fit, his apparantly excellent debut or the fact he's 38?

Not a dailly fan either then? Is that based on his numerous international caps, his many seasons in the premier league / championship, the fact he's supposed to still be super fit, his apparantly excellent debut or the fact he's 38?

I think he means that Dailly has a lot more in his locker, he is supporting Dailly from what I can read into it

I think he means that Dailly has a lot more in his locker, he is supporting Dailly from what I can read into it

He said he 'perhaps' has more in his locker than Blair, who he was basically saying is terrible. It's like saying loads of women are more attractive than Jo brand, perhaps even Vanessa feltz. I'm not sure either would be happy with that statement

Who else can hold the ball up ?

To be honest if we are winning and need someone to help "defend from the front" Blair actually is probably better than anyone else thats fit.

Totally none existent as a goal threat and I really dont expect to see him play much if at all but he does have some pros...

He said he 'perhaps' has more in his locker than Blair, who he was basically saying is terrible. It's like saying loads of women are more attractive than Jo brand, perhaps even Vanessa feltz. I'm not sure either would be happy with that statement

Best not let South Bank Hank hear you saying that!

Back